“even better than you'd hope” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Southern Comfort Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Southern Comfort Bed and Breakfast
1739 Marengo Street, New Orleans, LA 70115   |
Special Offer
Complimentary bottle of wine
Ranked #15 of 145 New Orleans B&B and Inns
San Francisco, California
“even better than you'd hope”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

All the other rave reviews, multiply them by 2 or 3 or even 10 and you'll get close to the experience I had staying here last spring for Jazz Fest. I loved the lovely house, my pretty and comfortable room, the neighborhood and its proximity to the street car line. I loved Cindee and the way she made me feel at home in a bunch of ways (including the work she put into laundering my mud-spattered pants after a rainy day at the fairgrounds). I loved all the delicious breakfasts she made, even accommodating my gluten-free needs. I loved her generosity, friendliness and big smile, how she shared local info, suggestions for fun things to do, for places to hear good music, for Jazz Fest logistics, for stories and history about her city. I can hardly wait for my next visit!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

411 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I just returned from a long weekend in New Orleans and made a change from my usual hotel choice to this B&B. Hidden away on a side street within walking distance to St. Charles Avenue, Southern Comfort B&B is an extraordinary change from the hustle bustle of larger hotels. The innkeeper has thought of everything to make her guests comfortable -- from tasteful decor, a short orientation of the city and tour brochures to the best breakfast I've had in years. Cindee's genuine warmth and welcoming personality made me know, from the moment I arrived, that I would be back for a return stay in the spring. I can't wait!

Room Tip: The Plantation room would be nice for a family of 3. I enjoyed it as a solo traveler. Next time, I...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights in May this year. The hostess Cindy is a wonderful lady, she makes you feel so very welcome from the start, more like a friend than a guest. We had the Bouligny room and it was a big room with a huge bed and a nice bathroom with a claw foot bath. We had a sneak at one of the other rooms, the Plantation room and this is a grand room with so much space, I don't think you would be unhappy with any of the rooms. It is close enough to the trolley car line to walk in about 5 minutes and there is also a couple of restaurants within walking distance as well. Cindy serves a wonderful breakfast in the dining room which is laid out with nice china, you definitley feel like a special guest dining here! We spent some time chatting with Cindy on a afternoon in the kitchen with a glass of wine, she is so knowledgeable and can help you with any trips you may want to do or attractions you may want to visit. We do hope to come back one day and stay again with Cindy

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed for 2 nights and It was great. Cindee met us with a smile and made us feel at home. Breakfast was awesome too. I highly recommed it. The location makes it easy to get around. It is walking distance to the street car line.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ojai, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We recently spent the most relaxing week of our lives in New Orleans. We stayed at the Southern Comfort Bed & Breakfast and what a wonderful experience. Cindee our hostess was genuine, courteous, and an absolute delight to be with. Our breakfasts every morning were always a surprise and delicious. One morning it was poached eggs with crawfish etouffee over biscuits and one morning pumpkin spice pancakes with ginger syrup. Always lots of good fresh hot coffee.
The accommodations were pleasingly comfortable. Very nice bed linens and plenty of soft clean towels . All of the rooms are large,airy and private.
When we had a question about lunch or dinner Cindee always had a wonderful suggestion of a place we would enjoy.
The location is great for access to the St Charles streetcar and , most importantly access to Superior Seafood. Don't miss the happy hour at Superior it is pretty special.
Already planning our next visit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Alpharetta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

The location, accommodations, convenience and outstanding customer service we received from Cindee at the Southern Comfort B&B ranks at the very top of our leisure and business travel. The rooms were charming, convenient to the street car line and the Garden District with all it has to offer. Cindee was a treasure trove of information and more than willing to share her extensive local knowledge as well as fun to hang out with and her many stories. Great value!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
White Bear Lake, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

I want to share a recent email that I sent to Cindy our inn keeper and owner of Southern Comfort Bed and Breakfast. Recently my husband and I went to the Zydico Music Festival in NOLA to celebrate our 30th wedding anniversary. I wanted to have a true NOLA experience and Cindy gave it to us. She had great suggestions for music, gudied us where to site see and pointed us towards awesome restaurants. Cindy made us feel that we were her only guests. Her Inn was kept to the time period, very clean, and her breakfast was scrumptious!

Dear Cindy,
Joe and I enjoyed our recent visit to NOLA! You exemplify "CUSTOMER SERVICE" ! You made Joe and I feel like we were visiting an old friend that we hadn't seen for a while. We felt safe, well cared for and would come back to NOLA just to stay with you again. Thank-you for your warmth. kindness, and opening up your home to some strangers from Minnesota!
Anita E

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Southern Comfort Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!