“Hospitality” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Southern Comfort Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Southern Comfort Bed and Breakfast
You added Southern Comfort Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
1739 Marengo Street, New Orleans, LA 70115   |
Ranked #11 of 145 New Orleans B&B and Inns
latham ny
“Hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Cindee! What an excellent host. She takes an interest in each and every guest. Concierge services galore. Just ask her how to eat crawfish. Cindee makes a home made breakfast each morning and my are they delicious and filling. The B&B is very private and the house is gorgeous and authentic. You are just Adblock or so from the St. Charles trolley which runs to the French quarter. I am not sure you can do any better in NOLA.
Just love the front porch. Al in all Magnifique!

Room Tip: There is no bad room at Southern Comfort!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We visited New Orleans a few weeks ago and had the pleasure of staying at this gorgeous bed and breakfast. The house is exceptional, very spacious room and lovely front and back patio. Cindee not only educated us on New Orleans culture and history but she also suggested restaurants and fun things to do that really captured the spirit of the city. It was a fantastic trip and I would definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Danville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

My boyfriend and I went for a few days to escape the cold of the North. We had a phenomenal trip. Cindee was nothing short of amazing. She served fantastic breakfast foods every day. In addition to this, Cindee was a wonderful source for where to go and what to see. The rooms were exceptional - ours was large with a wonderfully comfortable bed. We also enjoyed the claw foot tub for a nice soak after a day of exploring. Highly recommend Southern Comfort and cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

My first time in New Orleans. Did not know what to expect . My past experiences with B&B's has been good but usually a cursory relationship with proprietors. Picked the Southern Comfort B & B. What a good choice! Cindee had my wife and I feeling like long lost relatives . Her local knowledge was invaluable and really enhanced our New Orleans experience. Our room was spotless and spacious. The breakfasts were the best I have ever had at a B&B Being so close to the street car line made exploring the city a breeze. The bar has been raised on my expectations of future B&B's !

• Stayed March 2013
Whitehorse, Yukon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

My husband and I recently visited New Orleans for the first time and had the most wonderful time - the people, the food, the music and the architecture are everything you hear they are. We wouldn't have experienced half of what we did though if it weren't for Cindee's vast knowledge of the city and all it has to offer. My only regret is that we didn't spend more time hanging out in her lovely bed and breakfast and relaxing in her outside spaces. The rooms are beautiful, charming and not at all like a hotel room. And the breakfasts were delicious! The neighborhood is another plus, a residential area in the Garden District just a couple of blocks away from the trolley which takes you to the French Quarter where you can transfer to another trolley or bus - for $3.00 you can ride all day. Cindee herself is so warm and generous with her time, and makes you feel like family. I can still hear her southern drawl, and hope to again one day soon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

We only had one day to see the sites and Cindy maped out the best possible things to see in a short time. The breakfast was fantastic and the house is spotless, what a great find, easy to locate and close to everything via the trolly.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

My wife stumbled across the Southern Comfort B&B on TripAdvisor and the reviews are spot-on. This gorgeous home with high ceilings and beautiful inlay wooden floors is in a quiet neighborhood just 2 blocks from the trolley that, for $1.25, takes you to the French Quarter. Cindee runs this comfortable B&B and cooked the most delicious breakfasts. She also gave us superb advice on sites to visit, authentic local restaurants, and "hot" music venues. We rented a car and parked right in front of the B&B each day and loved the visit to the Oak Alley Plantation (see photo). This was my fourth trip to New Orleans, but the first time that I really saw New Orleans. Thank you Cindee!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Southern Comfort Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!