“Thank you Cindee our vacation was the best because of YOU!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Southern Comfort Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Southern Comfort Bed and Breakfast
You added Southern Comfort Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
1739 Marengo Street, New Orleans, LA 70115   |
Ranked #12 of 145 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Jefferson, Texas
“Thank you Cindee our vacation was the best because of YOU!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed 4 nights with Cindee at the Southern Comfort bed and breakfast. From the moment you walk in the door you feel at home. Breakfasts were wonderful and creative.
Cindee was such a huge help, she gave us excellent recommendations for all the tours we wanted to take. We got off track sometimes but found that we should have listened more carefully to her advise. :) SHE was so right on target!
We decided even before we left for home that we really have to go back very soon.
I can't forget to mention that the Inn is very close to the trolley tracks and there were some excellent restaurants within easy walking distance (even in the rain).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Aiken, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

There could not be a better place to stay in New Orleans than Southern Comfort B&B! The rooms are beautiful and comfortable, the location is very convenient, and Cindee goes out of her way to make every guest feel welcome and at home. She knows everything about the city and was happy to advise us about what to see and where to eat and where to go for the best music. The breakfasts are fantastic!! We would definitely love to return - perhaps for Mardi Gras, though this B&B is booked well in advance!

Room Tip: The three rooms are equally lovely - one bath has a clawfoot tub which is charming but not terribly...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Ontario's Near North, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I have to start by sharing with you that while I'm an enthusiastic traveler, I had never been to a B&B before. Or New Orleans. I was excited but definitely nervous to go for my 30th birthday. Never did I expect to fall in love with the city as I did exploring it from Southern Comfort. I called to reserve my room and right from the get-go, Cindee put me at ease and gave me lots to think about before arriving- I couldn't wait to meet this lovely person on the other end of the phone!
My husband and I only had 5 days (not nearly enough time IMHO...) to explore. Thanks to Cindee's suggestions, we managed to fit in some very memorable times. She sat down with us and helped us make the most of everything. And we would chat and revisit 'the plan' at breakfast or if we crossed paths other times. I was hoping that by staying at a B&B we could get a jump on diving right into the culture of the city and Cindee certainly exceeded our expectations of such a thing. And she's not kidding when she tells you that you will leave a pound or two heavier! Her breakfasts are amazing! I'm hoping that the recipe for the "egg on the crusty bread with the yummy sauce" appears on the website one day ;)
The location is great. Very welcoming. I always felt nice and safe, yet not far away from the 'action'. The house is beautiful and if you are fortunate to arrive during it's blossoming time, there is a sweet olive tree in the front yard that is absolutely intoxicating.
We stayed in the plantation room. It was very big, the bed was comfy and I really liked the antiques. It's hard for me to write a review based on functional things- they were all just fine (cute little spot in the garden to have a glass of wine...) but what stands out in my mind was my host and the charm of the city.
Cindee had told me in our first phone conversation was that staying at a B&B is like staying with a cousin or aunt and that once I had I would do it again...and she was so right. It was such a wonderful experience. I left feeling like I had another friend in my life- one who could cook really well and was so nice to chat with. So I guess now I will just have to find another reason to go back. Maybe for 31...

Room Tip: The plantation room would be nice if traveling with kids
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Athens, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I rented the whole B&B for the weekend leading up to my wedding for my two best friends and their wives and myself. My wife joined us on our wedding night. The whole weekend was amazing with Cindee being the best host possible. Breakfast each morning was fantastic and Cindee recommended great places for lunch. The location is also great with only a short walk to the St. Charles street car line. I will definitely be staying at the Southern Comfort Bed and Breakfast when I next visit NOLA. Also, as a side note, I had guests for the wedding staying at 6 B&Bs in the area and visited each one. Some were nice, others a little disappointing but hands down, the Southern Comfort B&B was the best.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Alnwick, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We have just returned from our visit to New Orleans and had a wonderful stay with Cindee. She was a fantastic help in planning where we wanted to visit and how to achieve it. She even made phonecalls to check the places we wanted to visit were open.

Our room was lovely and the house is even better than the photos

Fabulous breakfasts

Would highly recommend this wonderful b&b

just a lovely experience

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
New Hope, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Southern Comfort Bed & Breakfast is situated in a lovely location which provides ample opportunity for fine dining, guided walks, great strolls and cycling. Thanks to Cindee's complete concierge service, it's easy to take it all in. She wants her guests to experience The Big Easy! There were countless recommendations for delicious restaurants; all reservations were made for us; bikes were available (and utlized); change for the trolley was always available; transportation to and from the airport was arranged; endless tips of where to catch the entertainment were shared; and when the weather changed unexpectedly Cindee shared her own clothes with a guest! When we weren't out having a great time, we lounged in her relaxing home. A great city and a warm, personal B&B!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ithaca, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

If you want to be in the Garden District, and out of the hullabaloo of the French Quarter, stay here! The best restaurants are nearby, anyway . . . Excellent, quiet location, easily accessible to the St. Charles streetcar; beautiful, comfortable, private, clean rooms (loved the bathtub); fantastic breakfasts, lovely hostess. We could've/should've used the available bicycles, but needed an extra day! I am an avid traveler and quite picky, and Cindee's b&b pulls it off without a hitch. Thank you!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Southern Comfort Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!