“Out of the ordinary experience” 4 of 5 stars

Wyndham La Belle Maison
515 Gravier Street, New Orleans, LA 70130   |
Hotel deals
baltimore
“Out of the ordinary experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Stayed here for the first time during Essence Musical Festival, Fourth of July weekend. I stayed from a Wednesday until Monday. I had a 1 bedroom suite that was of perfect size for myself and roommates. It can accomodate up to 4 people total. The kitchenette had a microwave, full fridge, and dishwasher and had all the necessities.
This isn't your typical hotel. It's basically like a resort. You are supplied with everything you need and pretty much take care of yourself while there.

It was very clean and comfortable. The staff was very nice and would remember you and greet you by name. One of the bellman, Ron, I believe was very nice and accomodating. It's hidden off magazine street so you can avoid the noises of canal. It's about 3 blocks from Bourbon St.

I would definitely stay here again. The rates are exceptional and you won't find anything like this without spending more money.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
ClubWyndham, CLUB WYNDHAM Social Media Team at Wyndham La Belle Maison, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for providing this great feedback. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your unit accommodations. We try to make our guests feel at home with our fully stocked kitchen and amenities. We hope you come back to stay with us!

291 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We stayed here for 3 days in September...great hotel, very clean, nice staff...about a 3 block walk to Bourbon Street...also close to the streetcar stops so you can explore the surrounding areas. If you're not into all the craziness of Bourban Street...make sure you hit Frenchmans street..great music and food..and a little tamer. We had a great vacation there and will definitely return. Make sure you have some beignets...they are delish with some coffee. We did the riverboat cruise which was nice, and also the city tour..Great little city..

Room Tip: we had a studio and it was roomy
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Morgan Hill, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

We spent a week at the Wyndham La Bell Maison while visiting New Orleans. Our one bedroom suite was very nice and very large. The bed was comfortable, the kitchenette was great, the living room was huge and we had floor to ceiling windows across one wall of the suite. It was quiet too. We heard a little noise from the suite next door and from the unit above us, but it wasn't bad.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. Everyone greeted us with a smile and "how are you today."
The air conditioning wasn't the best, a bit noisy, but the ceiling fans were great. We didn't have to keep the air running all the time because the fans moved the air very well.
The resort is located right off of Canal Street which is adjacent to the French Quarter. From the resort we walked to the French Quarter, National WWII Museum, and three different street car lines. The location was great.
I highly recommend this resort if you are planning a trip to New Orleans.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Common Street. These rooms have the large windows. Don't take a Timeshare...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
ClubWyndham, CLUB WYNDHAM Social Media Team at Wyndham La Belle Maison, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for providing this great feedback. We are glad you enjoyed the resort location and convenience. We appreciate the information regarding the maintenance issues you encountered in your unit, as we are always looking for ways to improve. We hope you come back to visit for another fun-filled vacation!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

It was my first time in New Orleans and I decided to stay here because I have a timeshare with wyndham. I must say that the room was spotlessly clean. The wait staff was extremely helpful. The valet employees were also superb. I just have a couple small complaints: the first one being that the pool and jacuzzi closed rather early in my opinion. Second, my room didn't have any Windows. There was a balcony looking into the hotel lobby which was beautiful, however, I still prefer Windows. Other than that, this is a gorgeous hotel with very helpful staff. I would stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed September 2013
Darrow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Recently, stayed at La Belle Maison for a brief but enjoyable stay. The location is so close to everything and we enjoyed the walk to the French Market. The staff was really helpful and great to us especially friendly to my six year old daughter. Terrific location without the bustle of Bourbon Street. What a relaxing trip!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

This resort is within walking distance of good food, good music, great historical sites. We enjoyed 4 days and 3 nights in this well appointed resort. We will return.
Staff is very friendly and conceier was very knowledgable.

• Stayed September 2013
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I recently took a quick trip to New Orleans and decided to stay at Wyndham LaBelle Maison which is located across Canal Street about 3 blocks from the Quarter. The staff there were very friendly and helpful in suggesting things to do and getting around. I stayed in a studio room since I was traveling alone and it was perfect! There was a great little kitchen area with plenty of room in the dining portion and sitting area. The bed was very comfortable and the furnishings were top notch. I had no complaints and will stay here every time I visit the Big Easy. Harrah's is located a block away if you wish to go to the casino. The overall location was great with quick access to the Quarter but just far away to be a little secluded. There is a wonderful diner on the same block of the Wyndham called Commerce Cafe. Breakfast and lunch were great. I can't wait to go back. It is my favorite Wyndham property in the area. I am a timeshare owner with Wyndham and have been to numerous properties and this is right at the top.

Room Tip: Get a room with windows. Not all have windows. There was no swimming pool but there was a spa type a...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Wyndham La Belle Maison? Share your experiences!