“Mixed feelings - room nice - service very poor 3 different times” 3 of 5 stars

Wyndham La Belle Maison
515 Gravier Street, New Orleans, LA 70130   |
Hotel deals
Wisconsin
“Mixed feelings - room nice - service very poor 3 different times”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Loved the 1 bedroom. No windows except to the hallway, but there was a huge multi story skylight. You could not see outside, but it still felt nice. And it was very quiet and nice location. The unit was a four sqaure with a bedroom, bathroom, and combination Front room, dining area and kitchen on one wall. The kitchen had refrigerator, dishwasher, and microwave. Unit was clean, shower hot, and furniture nice. We got there at 8:30 AM and knew we would not be able to check in. Traveled light so left our 2 large backpacks with the bell hop. Number 1, Came back about 5 and checked in and wanted our backpack so I could get my medicine (bad back, lots of pain) and they would not give it to us. The bell hop would deliver. I asked them to hurry as I needed my medicine. 15 minutes later we called and the front desk said they would call the bell hop. 10 minutes later the bell hop called and wanted to know what type of luggage we had because he could not find it. 10 minutes later my huaband called the bell hop and they said they would bring it up in 10 minutes because they had lots of cars arriving and had to unload them. My husband went down to get the two backpacks! I think I needed to drive up to get my luggage! Number 2 - took a shower and wanted to watch some TV but there was no TV channel listing in the room documenation. Called the front desk and they said 'well, it was in your welcome package at the concierge desk - didn't you go there to get it?" I said - no - you did not mention that I should see the concierge when I arrived in the morning or in the evending. And she would not send one up - I had to go and get it (because they wanted to talk me into touring the timeshare.) I did not want to get dressed again so I asked if they could look to see if they had any permium channels like HBO. They said no - only basic cable. The next day when I picked up my guide I noticed they had Showtime and something else. I guess that must come with basic cable in NOLA . Number 3 - wanted to do a Delta Checkin at the free business center. I could get to the Delta sight - but it quickly said it could not access the Delta site. I went to the front desk and they sent the IT guy to the business center. He also tried. He could not get it to work. He sent me to the front desk to use thier computers and disappeared. It still would not work. Finally someone came out of the office that said their internet browsers needed to be updated because it would not work with the Delta sight and I had to check in at the airport. I wonder if they ever told the IT guy that?

291 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
New Orleans
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

We had high hopes for this hotel but it didn't work out.We checked in and found the room large and looked alright ,a bit old fashioned.We really didn't know what was going to happen untill that night.The bed was a nightmare .it was hard as a rock and it made all these kinds of crackling sounds everytime you moved.The room number was 511.So the next morning I asked very nicely if we could move for our second night.The man was very nice and told us we could to check back at 2pm.At 2pm he told us to check back at 3pm.At 3pm he did give us a room but he didn't seem happy anymore.I carried my suit and my wifes dress and coat very far to room 321 only to find the key did not work.Oh my god.Went back down and got new keys and they did work,different man .Well everything was looking up,the room looked better and it had a king bed instead of a full.We needed a nap because we were going to a New Years party that night and didn't sleep the night before.Well we got another surprise .car horns kept blowing over and over and over,for hours.The party that night was awesome at Jax Brewery and we came back around 2am to go to sleep and to wake up at daybreak from blowing horns.Come to find out it was our hotel blowing the horns when they pull out the hotel onto Magazine street because they can't see people on the sidewalk.Never will stay here again...........

Room Tip: Don't get a room with a full size bed .Also do not get a room facing Magazine street.
Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

I would recommend La Belle to anyone visiting New Orleans single or with a family. I am from south Louisiana and frequently visit New Orleans. We really liked the location it is walking distance to many New Orleans destinations. We walked to the Aquarium and the Insectarium. Both nice family places for the kiddos. If you don't want to walk to the French Market hop on a trolley by the river. The passes can be bought at a store across the street from the resort. Three dollars a day and you are n your way.
The rooms were very spacious and clean. We were on the 7th floor and we had windows. It was a beautiful view. We could see the river.
New Orleans is special, but even more so during Christmas. It's a tradition to spend some time there during Christmas, maybe we will add La Belle Maison to the list. We will definitely be back.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Millwood, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

We had a great stay here over Xmas. We had 3 rooms and were very satisfied. This isn't about amenities, it is about the location. Very close to many of the attractions of N.O. Units are large and very quiet. Restaurants are nearby and plentiful. Concierge was very helpful. You can't go wrong staying here on a trip to New Orleans

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Satellite Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We stayed at La Belle for seven days over Christmas. The location is terrific. It's an easy walk to the Quarter, the French Market, and Canal St. We were very pleased with the location. It's also quiet, which is nice in NOLA.

The unit itself, as well as the property, is very attractive, nicely appointed on the surface. We used the work-out room and hot tub daily. But, if the goal is to have a comfortable, week-long stay with the comforts of home, this property does not provide that.

There was not a chest of drawers provided in the unit, which meant we lived out of suitcases for a week. There also were no luggage racks, so the suitcases were on the floor. I haven't had to crawl around on the floor, rooting through a suitcase in a long time.

The seating was a loveseat and dining table. A comfortable chair would have been nice for a week's stay. If one person is stretched out on the loveseat, that leaves a hard dining room chair for reading.

There is no mirror except n the bathroom. It's nice to be able to check out the outfit before heading out, but not here.

The staff is friendly but not at all knowledgeable. We were sent on a 1.5 hour wild goose chase when we asked about shopping possibilities outside of the city.

It's a pretty property, but we have stayed in NOLA many times and every hotel where we have stayed has been far more comfortable than this property. It would purely be a last resort pick in the future.

Cape Town Central, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

We stayed at the resort for a week together with family. Rooms were neat but unfortunately the showers and bathroom were not so good. The water presure were shocking and we did not have the luxury of the a nice warm shower or a bath. Next time we will difenately stay somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hamilton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

What a fantastic boutique property. Our room was pristine, and huge! We were visiting the city for our wedding, and stayed at La Belle Maison for a week. Our 1BR suite was large, even by timeshare standards. We regularly had 4 or 5 guests visiting, and I even hosted 10 ladies for lunch, with plenty of room to spare. The front desk and especially the bellmen were so warm and friendly, greeting us on our way in and out, and even helped me to unload groceries. The location of the hotel great if you want to be close but not on Bourbon street.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Wyndham La Belle Maison? Share your experiences!