“Great Garden District Location!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sully Mansion Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Sully Mansion Bed and Breakfast
You added Sully Mansion Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
2631 Prytania Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Garden District)   |
Ranked #27 of 144 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Canton, Ohio
“Great Garden District Location!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Wonderful B&B a block from the streetcar! Nancy, Guy and their adorable dog Gracie made us feel at ease and at home. This was our first time staying in the garden district and Sully Mansion is in a great location. Close to wonderful shops and restaurants!

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

I celebrated my birthday at Sully Mansion Bed & Breakfast this past weekend! Nancy and Guy are awesome. There were several guests celebrating their birthdays so Nancy made sure we had birthday decor and included Mimosas, which was a perfect touch for my experience. This was my 2nd time in the past (3) Months staying at Sully Mansion Bed & Breakfast and the experience and ambience was just as great! Gracie is also a good host and loves people. The food Nancy makes is unreal as this experience was even better than the 1st time. I love the Yogurt Displays and Banana Nut Bread, all yummy! Thanks Nancy and Guy for being the perfect host and ensuring your place was like mines away from home. I am looking forward to seeing you guys again this summer in July for The Essence Festival.

Room Tip: The corner rooms are the best with a great view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Cranston, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Thank you Nancy and Guy! What my wife and I wanted was a great pied a terre, a great bed and shower, a perfect location to take off and explore NOLA (our best city) and kind and knowing hosts who were also great guides to their territory. We hoped that they would have great taste and go the extra mile to make a great things happen. We got that and more: coffee and tea outside our door every morning, great breakfasts by Nancy, Guy's paternal presence at breakfast to make sure we knew where we were going, how and why and Gracie, their sweet and welcoming dog and rapid first aid when it was, unfortunately, needed. Sully Mansion also has a great garden to sit in, write in and enjoy. We hope life gives a chance to come back. We suggest you do too.Tim

Room Tip: We had our own separate entrance and apartment. That was great for us.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Mammoth Lakes, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Being my first time in New Olreans, I was beyond curious as to where I would call home for the next 10 days. I was so blessed to be a guest of Nancy and Guy's. Not only is the Sully Mansion beautiful, the hospitality is top notch!! The food that Nancy makes is so scrumptous and perfectly served every morning. The rooms are gorgeous but yet so simple. I fell in love with not only the city while I was there, but definitely the Sully Mansion Bed and Breakfast!!! GO...INDUDLGE...ENJOY!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I stayed 9 wonderful nights at Sully Mansion, while I found permanent accommodation for the Spring semester at Tulane. My parents picked it out based on the positive reviews, price and the reassurance from the owners Guy and Nancy via email that they would help me settle into the city. But what I received from my stay at SM was well and truly above and beyond what we ever expected. I am from Australia, so when I arrived in NOLA after my horribly long flights, I was exhausted, lonely, COLD, home-sick and furious because United lost my bags! So you can imagine how relieved/happy/relaxed I felt when the gorgeous puppy dog Gracie bounded to the door and smothered me in kisses! I remember all my nervous feelings disappearing as I looked around The Mansion itself; warm, elegant and cosy… Just like home:) My hosts, Guy and Nancy were welcoming, incredibly accommodating, considering I didn't receive my luggage until day 3 and great company.

Guy and Nancy are genuinely some of the kindest people I have had the pleasure of meeting. (I can't even believe the reviews below? Complete nonsense.) They encouraged me to explore the city and gave great recommendations for places to eat/drink/explore. They were helpful not just to me but all the other guests, especially at breakfast time (SO DELICIOUS! Don't ever miss a meal!) when they would give advice about things to do and see. My parents are so, so, so grateful I ended up at Sully Mansion. I actually ended up staying an extra 5 nights because I was so satisfied with the entire experience.

I stayed in the Tchoupitoulas suite, which was perfect for me with its separate entrance around the back. The room had its own ensuite, heating unit and television (I believe all the rooms do too), which I found very convenient. The house keepers were very thorough, the cleanliness of the room was superior. It was a shame it was so cold when I stayed because I would have loved to enjoy the beautiful courtyard more. I did manage a reading session one warmer afternoon on the porch, where I was keep company attentively by Gracie!

I could not recommend more highly a stay at Sully Mansion. I have actually visited Guy and Nancy since to catch-up. I am a very lucky girl for finding this place.

Rachel,
21yrs, Australian Student.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Mission Viejo, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

We have been staying with Guy and Nancy Fournier at their gorgeous B&B, for the past seven years, since Katrina since Katrina forced us to find other lodging when friends were forced to leave town. Since then, we have stayed at Sully Mansion upwards of 10-15 times and I must tell you that it is always a pleasure to be welcomed home, not only by Guy and Nancy, but by Gracie their wonderful dog as well.

The breakfasts that Nancy puts together are amazing in their simplicity and style. Often in the evenings you can smell the baked goods in the oven and know that breakfast is going to be the perfect way to start a day in New Orleans.

The rooms are immaculate and lovely. Some feel grand and decadent while others feel cozy and quaint. But the common theme is sumptuous and inviting. The location is perfect. Right in the middle of the Garden District with easy access to the streetcar a block away, Sully Mansion easily puts you within a few minutes of Riverbend or the French Quarter, CBD, Riverwalk.

I have often had questions about anything from street access changes since the storm or restaurant reservations to the times for streetcar runs and Zoo/Aquarium prices. Always, quick with an answer or taking the time to sit and find the information I seek, Guy and Nancy never cease to amaze me with their devotion to hospitality on all levels.

My words mean to convey what it means to have a place like Sully Mansion when I go home to New Orleans for a visit. I hope you will visit them and see for yourself what a wonderful place Sully Mansion and New Orleans are. Guy, Nancy and Gracie are a part of what makes it all so wonderful.

Room Tip: The Bourbon Suite is a luxury not to be missed. The Desire and Carrolton are beautiful rooms tucked...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

My husband and I spent five happy days at the Sully Mansions. Our hosts, Nancy and Guy, helped us find wonderful tours and restaurants and also helped us with a variety of small medical problems that occurred during our stay. I can certainly say they went beyond the call of duty. The breakfasts were delicious, our fellow guests were interesting, and, an added bonus for us, was their friendly, personable dog, Gracie, who helped make us feel at home.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Sully Mansion Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!