“Mark & Rachel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #88 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Bangor, Pennsylvania
“Mark & Rachel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

Hotel location was great. Cleanliness was average at best. my shoes were sticking to the floor when I walked. The toilet was barely anchored down and very wobbly. My key barely worked in the lock. Conversly, the staff was great. They were very helpful and courteous to make our stay enjoyable in that aspect. It is still a great location to stay in. Would probably ask for a balcony room next time to make sure the toilet would be anchored. Not my first choice of hotel, but at the rate they charge, it is what you get.

Room Tip: Ask for a Balcony

Sarah D, Manager at Chateau Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
I'm glad that you loved our location and staff, but disappointed to hear that you thought our facilities could be cleaner, Mark. We're always looking to improve, so I take your feedback here on TripAdvisor very seriously. Thank you for the review and I hope you'll stay with us on your next trip to NOLA.

Cheers,
Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
Pearl River, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Our room was across the street from the main building with a door that opened to the street. Very close to Bourbon and centrally located to the entire quarter. Room was nice. Would recommend .
Would be great for the French Quarter Festival for its location alone. Very reasonable pricing. Located corner of St. Philip and Chartres Streets.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Sarah D, Manager at Chateau Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
It's great to hear that you loved our location, but I'm a bit confused by your rating, Stephen. I get the impression that you enjoyed your stay, but why only 3-stars? If you have any feedback on what we could do to improve, please let me know. Thanks for the review and I hope you enjoyed your stay in New Orleans.

Stayton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

We stayed two nights, and the staff was great ( the bellman / valet ) good location, the rate was ok, but this place needs a good cleaning . Both the rooms and the courtyard need to be attended to. They do have valet parking and breakfast delivered to the room.

Sarah D, Manager at Chateau Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Great location, southern hospitality, convenient parking — that's what we're all about, so it's great to hear that you think we're hitting our mark. I take customer feedback very seriously, so I definitely plan on having our courtyard deep cleaned more often. Thanks for the review and I hope you'll stay with us again on your next trip to NOLA.

Till then,
vins100
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We went there (4 adults and 2 children) for one night in October.
The staff at the desk was absolutely unpleasant (the ones in the evening but the ones in the morning too). The groom was crumpled and flabby in a chair, not eager to help nor to discuss or even to smile.
The corridors were dirty. There were ashtrays with old cigarettes ends and some black plastic garbage bags in the corridors (same shape the day after ... nobody for cleaning them).
The rooms were dirty. We had a drop of blood (?) on one of the bedlinen. the bathroom in one of the rooms was in a very bad shape.
It was noisy.
The breakfast was one of the worse we ever ate.
And despite of all of this, the price was high!!
I don't recommend this hotel

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Sarah D, Manager at Chateau Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
The last thing we want to hear is that you weren't satisfied with your accommodations and our staff's service! As a historic hotel, our walls are on the thin side and sometimes the vibrant late night activity of the Quarter can tend to keep our guests up. I hope this wasn't the case during your visit.

As you can imagine, I take allegations of unclean rooms very seriously. When did you stay with us? I would love to check through our records to see which members of our housekeeping staff were working. Thanks for the feedback and I hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip to New Orleans.

Plano, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

My friend and I stayed here for a Friday and Saturday night and it's been a wonderful experience. We'll definitely stay here on our next visit and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting NOLA. It's such a fantastic location and all the staff were amazing and helpful. Definitely 5 star worthy.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Sarah D, Manager at Chateau Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
I'm so happy to hear that you and your friend had a wonderful stay with us! You have no idea how much it means to us that we had the chance to earn your 5-star review. Thanks for the feedback and I hope you'll stay with us again on your next trip through NOLA.

Till then,
Scottsdale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This is a hotel I would Love to Love!

After 2 stays, 1 year apart we are just in like!!! Don't get me wrong the heavy petting makes me want to return again next year, and The Chateau has so much going for it. why wouldn't I be in Like!

The Location itself makes me Swoon! and The uber handsome courtyard is so well groomed and looked after that it's a real beauty and certainly this is The Chateau's finest feature. This is the one feature that should make you forget the rooms are not that big. The courtyard is that extension of your rooms! Plenty of tables chairs and pool lounges to give everyone a space to spread out to relax, and for groups and friends to convene, if you are quiet and in control they might even let you swim late into the night.

The rooms themselves have always been found clean and charming and I have been in many of them since we travel in groups to NOLA. I have a few favorites, I especially liked my last room by the office on the courtyard, it was a tad larger and with the desk in the window it let me keep tabs on our group, and provided that meeting spot where most days and nights got started. The big ones on the 3rd floor are so romantic, and the balcony rooms over St Phillip are very cool.

Service here is pretty good but not that perfect 10. The Maids are sweet and efficient, although the front desk can be salty, but efficient. Room service is always pleasant, and if you need a little extra attention ask for Sarah. She is a very hands on and present owner that wants all her guests to enjoy there stay.

Is the Chateau That perfect 10? HECK NO!!! are the tubs small Heck Yes but who wants to pay for that!!! If you do... stop reading and call The Roosevelt! but what you do get is a very charming Hotel with a hard working crew, that has great rooms and even better amenities like free breakfast delivered to your room at the time ordered, free Wi fi, Salt water swimming pool, an inn keeper that's present, and one of the best locations in The Veuix Carrie.

Book and stay here UNLESS your expectations include perfection! I grow tired of that perfect lover, it's just too much. They are expensive and often aloof with no personal connection. The best advice I can give you is realize what you are in for, affordable, old "in a charming charismatic way", well cared for compound, charming small rooms in most cases, and a front desk staff that works hard around the clock. We have to except all great loves and their flaws Right?!? Date The Chateau and you might just have a great night! treat it well and enjoy the encounter! I would guess you cant wait for the next time to meet! like me.

Buono Serra me amore NOLA, until we meet again I kiss you good night.

Room Tip: Make reservations for restaurants in The French Quarter, they are needed for the good ones at prime...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Sarah D, Manager at Chateau Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
It's so great to hear your compliments, Jim! You have no idea how much it means to us that we can keep you coming back for more. Thanks for the very thorough review here on TripAdvisor. We'll look forward to seeing you again soon.

All the best,
kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

My husband and I were celebrating our 33rd wedding anniversary and thought the Chateau Hotel would be just the right place to stay. We booked the hotel through booking.com. A few days before we arrived, my husband called the front desk and told them that we were celebrating this special occasion, and asked if we could have one of the more romantic rooms. The lady said she would take care of us. Well...
We arrived around 1:30 p.m., and were taken to a nice building across the street from the main building. We were on the second floor, room 54. Let me just say this. Room 54 should be discounted. It was a decent size room, with two queen beds, exposed brick, nice marble bathroom with a good shower, and very clean. However, it was a dark room, with one window overlooking the parking lot, which was not exactly the romantic room we had in mind. The television was so small we could hardly see it from the bed. If watching sports, you could not see the score, and it was not a flat screen, but the old kind.
My husband asked the front desk if we could be moved, but he was told to check back the next day. Since we had called ahead of time, we were disappointed that we could not be accommodated as requested. We did not want to have to pack up the next day to move (if a room even became available). We were spending four nights. One quarter of our stay was already in a room we were not exactly thrilled with. Should we have moved if something became available the next day? Probably. But we didn't.
I believe we had the worst room of all. So much for calling ahead. We had the opportunity to see the suite next to us and it was absolutely gorgeous. While this was a suite, I imagine that the other queen rooms were all very nice and much better than room 54, although I did not see any other rooms personally, except in the brochure and online.
OK, that disappointment aside, I want to focus on the positives.
The cleaning and service staff were very accommodating and helpful. A couple of times we decided not to have the room cleaned, since we had plenty of towels, etc. We put the do not disturb sign on our door and were not bothered. But, each time we did that, we were brought clean towels, shampoo, etc. in a bag which was left by our door. How nice! The provided breakfast, while basic, was a nice touch, and we enjoyed that. The people who brought the breakfast to our room were very friendly. The beds were extremely comfortable. Our building was nice, with an Autumn wreath on the front door, very homey. We felt safe and enjoyed the location. There was a small fridge (in the closet) which came in handy.
I would recommend this hotel, just not room 54. It's not an awful room by any means, but not the romantic room we had envisioned and requested.

Sarah D, Manager at Chateau Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
As you can imagine, I'm very excited to hear that you celebrated your anniversary with us, but disappointed that room 154 was not to your liking. We're always willing to move a guest, if we have availability. You arrived over a terribly busy weekend and I personally moved you into 154 because of its large bathroom and private location. Unfortunately, I'm sorry that we could not move you immediately during your stay. Thanks for the feedback and I hope you enjoyed the rest of your anniversary in New Orleans.

All the best,
Manager

Been to Chateau Hotel? Share your experiences!