“The most charming hotel in the quarter” 5 of 5 stars

Chateau Hotel
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1001 Chartres St, New Orleans, LA 70116   |
Ranked #81 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Lemont, Illinois
“The most charming hotel in the quarter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I fell in love with The Chateau the first time I saw it. I loved it so much, I had to get married there. The property is so charming. The courtyard is absolutely amazing, the location is perfect, the staff was very friendly and the rooms were quiet and clean. I would highly recommend this hotel. Thank you to everyone at The Chateau for making our wedding perfect!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Sarah D, Manager at Chateau Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
We're all so happy that we could help make your wedding memorable, Michelle! Thank you for deciding to spend your special day with us. From all of our staff, we wish you and your husband a long happy marriage! It was nice seeing you on your brief layover! SEe you soon.

All the best,

448 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Krimpen aan den IJssel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has an unfriendly staff, especially the guy that served breakfast, but also the woman at the frontdesk. Except for one man at the frontdesk, he was nice. Very expensive and small rooms. Good location. Overall I would rather pay more than stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013
Sarah D, Manager at Chateau Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
We're all about providing our guests with true southern hospitality, so I'm very disappointed to hear that you found our service sub-par. Do you remember when you stayed with us? I would love to check and see who was working. Thank you for the feedback and I hope you enjoyed your visit to New Orleans.

Vian, OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel at least 4 times over the years. Most often during the French Quarter Festival. It is located close to Jackson Square and the River. The rooms aren't large, but adequate. I don't require much as far as accommodations go, just a clean room, clean bed and a shower. This area is quiet at night when a lot of partying is going on in the French Quarter. I recommend this hotel if you're looking for some old time charm, a friendly staff and great location.

Room Tip: For extra quiet get a room facing the courtyard, away from the street noise and walking traffic.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Sarah D, Manager at Chateau Hotel, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thanks for sharing your experience with us, Rudy. It's wonderful to hear back from such a frequent guest! I love the way you describe our "old charm." And thank you for complimenting our attentive staff! We hope to see you back here soon. Another fun getaway awaits you!

Be well,
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We have stayed at the Chateau many times over the years and have always enjoyed it. This is a quaint NOLA boutique hotel in French Quarter builidings. Don't expect a homogenous hotel experience. Bathrooms are a little older and smaller, doors open into outdoor hallways or courtyard. Beds are more than comfy and well made though. Liken to a European type lodging but staff is alway personable and attentive. Also, the most convenient parking with reasonable daily rate.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Sarah D, Manager at Chateau Hotel, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you for this wonderful feedback! We always want our guests to have a memorable experience with us, so the fact that you thought our staff was "personable" and "attentive" is music to our ears. We're so glad you had a relaxing and comfortable stay.

Next time you're back in NOLA, we've got a bed with your name on it!

Until then,
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Tastefully decorated rooms and a nice courtyard with a swimming pool provide a restful retreat. My overall rating is lowered by the facts that the complimentary breakfast is a bit poor and that the noise from air conditioning units is deafening when one is outside the room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sarah D, Manager at Chateau Hotel, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thanks for this helpful feedback. The fact that you think we're a "gem" in the French Quarter is very high praise! It's wonderful you had a restful stay with us. That being said, I'll definitely take note of your comment about our breakfast and the A/C noise. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention.

We hope you'll come back and stay with us again soon!

Until then,
Wheeling, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I have enjoyed the hospitality of the Chateau Hotel on more than twenty visits to the Big Easy. The courtyard and pool are beautiful and offer a great place to relax. The guest rooms are "bed and breakfast" like. The complimentary continental breakfast is a great way to start the day. . . whether delivered to your room or enjoyed in the courtyard. A stay at Chateau is a great value. The Chateau is in the heart of the French Quarter. . . near Jackson Square, the French Market. The best part of the Chateau is the staff. What charming, friendly, helpful folks they are!!! For me, the Chateau is New Orleans at its best. I'm heading back for another visit in a few days. Chateau-Here I come!

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room so that your can enjoy people watching above the streets of NOLA.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Sarah D, Manager at Chateau Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
It's so great to hear that you've stayed with us more than 20 times, Susan! Great location, friendly service, southern hospitality — that's what we're all about, so your kind words mean the world to us. It was good seeing you this month. Thanks so much for the feedback.

Till then,
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

The hubs and I took a romantic getaway back to - you guessed it - New Orleans. This was our eleventh visit to the city if we recall correctly. We arrived right at check-in and were greeted and shown our room. It was room # 107. It was a street view, bottom floor. Tucked away in a quiet hallway leading from the courtyard.

We enjoyed the room, all of the amenities, especially the pool. We used the pool twice while we were there - once being after posted "pool hours". But the front desk kindly told us that we could use the pool anytime we wanted as long as we weren't loud. I can't lie, I do wish there were a hot tub.

The courtyard was beautiful and one of my favorite parts. My other favorite part was breakfast DELIVERED TO YOUR DOOR. Sure, it was light breakfast items, but there was plenty to choose from and arrived on time each morning.

Overall, the place was surprisingly quiet (?!). It definitely didn't seem to attract the wild crowd. We slipped into the French Quarter from Elysian Fields from I-10 and missed all the hustle and bustle (read: mess) on Canal. We were set up right away with valet parking ($20/day) and they did NOT recommend IN/OUT, but that was because it was a Saturday and had other incoming guests.

We would absolutely stay here again in a second flat. In fact...I'm ready to go back!

Room Tip: Room #107 seemed to have a brick wall on one side which probably buffered some noise.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Sarah D, Manager at Chateau Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
"Perfection," that's one heck of compliment, Brandy!
I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed the pool, courtyard, and accommodations. We love doing what we can to help our customers enjoy their time in New Orleans, so Its wonderful that you enjoyed your romantic getaway! Thank you for leaving us some feedback and if you're ever back in NOLA, give us a call.
All the best,
Manager

Been to Chateau Hotel? Share your experiences!