“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #88 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Longview, Texas, United States
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

I had to admit that I wasn't so sure when we first pulled up to the hotel. There weren't any parking spaces available and apparently the city had several Meter Maids in the area and that made our check-in a little nervous, but we were not ticketed and from that moment on our stay was very good. The only issue we had was the walls seemed "paper thin" and we were always awoken by the street sweeper. To be honest I didn't mind, but my travel companion had a problem with it. The hotel isn't too far from all the action on Bourbon Street and other than the early morning run of the street sweeper the noise was very low. I would stay here again if I were given the choice.

Room Tip: There's a Community Coffee house a short walk away, in case you miss breakfast at the hotel, whi...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Sarah D, Reservations Manager at Chateau Hotel, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for your honest review.

When checking in, it can be a bit daunting with all the comings and goings in the Quarter at any moment. We always get the cars parked as quickly as possible.

This is the city center, the French Quarter where the action doesn't stop. It can become noisy at times. I'm not a big fan of the noisy street sweepers myself, but they are a necessity here! I apologize your companion was upset with the noise level.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write a review and we hope to see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

Cute room. very clean. safe atmosphere. Close to everything. Only downside was breakfast came an hour early. not a good thing after being out so late.Will make this my place to stay on future NOLA trips.

• Stayed December 2012
I apologize your breakfast delivery was scheduled in error. I have reported this to the General Manager.

We have worked tirelessy to make our rooms unique and cozy. Glad to hear you will be back!
Lafayette, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

My boyfriend and I decided to drive to New Orleans on New Year's Eve at 4pm, we looked online and Chateau Hotel was the one with the best price/location deal. And it wasn't bad, the hotel is charming, the lady at the reception on the 31st was nice and there was free cake! The next morning though, customer service went down. We put the breakfast paper on the door to have it have by 10h30-11h, we waited until 12 and nothing, the guy at the reception didn't help much, he hardly paid attention to what we were saying or looked at us, we really only got our breakfast after asking about it 10 times and we had to go to reception for that, no breakfast in the room. I think I would only stay here again if it was the only price/location deal like this time.

Sarah D, Manager at Chateau Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, Camila. Customer feedback is really important to us and your comments will definitely help us provide better service in the future. I'm glad you found our reception friendly and enjoyed the free cake!

I'm sorry our breakfast service was sub-par. It's not normal for things to be so delayed and I plan on looking into why our service was not on the ball on New Years Day. If you have any additional feedback on what we could have done to improve your stay with us please let me know.

I hope you enjoyed your New Years Eve celebration in New Orleans and I'd love to have you stay with us again in the future. Enjoy 2013 and laissez le bon temps rouler!

All the best,
Sarah Drake
Manager
Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

This place was very cute and well located. It has a lovely courtyard in the center which our room overlooked, complete with pool and bar. The rooms were well appointed and clean, and our rate included breakfast which was served to us in our room everyday.

Although the room was clean, the hotel seemed to be having a problem with mold on the walls of the hallways. We saw them bleaching it every day, which was a bit of a shock as it filled the hallway with the smell of chlorine. It is a humid climate in New Orleans, so I don't know if this is the case everywhere, but it was a bit disconcerting.

The staff was fairly helpful, although it was pretty obvious that the front desk woman was getting a cut from the tours she recommended. The breakfast delivery man was a bit pushy in his quest for a tip. Other than that, everyone was very nice.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
small town, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I travel to New Orleans every 6 months. I try to stay in a different place each time. I found this hotel on travelzoo. The location was great. This is a walking city, almost everything is in a great location, so don't let that be your deciding factor on where to stay.The first night we had a room with a balcony over Chartes St. I love the noises that this city makes but by 5am I had enough. One too many drunken frat boys. I asked the lovely man at the desk if he could move us the next morning. He was more than helpful. He told us to pack up our bags and leave them in the room. When we returned that evening and were taken to a king suite with a private courtyard. All of our belongings were safely locked inside. The room was huge! We felt like VIPs. The service here was outstanding. Darrell brought our complimentary breakfast to our door each morning. Every member of the staff were welcoming and pleasant. I love the big brass door key instead of the too familiar key card which can be tricky at times. The pool was saline which I enjoy. We even took a dip at 3am, unnoticed. (We were very quiet, like hunting wabbits) The only cons were that the balcony room was small and the poolside bar was never open. Stay here if you desire Southern hospitality and old school charm.

Room Tip: Room 241 was perfection. Secluded, large and airy. I loved the huge French windows in the bathroom...
Sarah D, Manager at Chateau Hotel, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review, Katie! We work very hard to provide classic southern hospitality and your compliments mean a lot to us.

Although staying in a historic hotel in the Quarter has its charm, there are a lot of party people out and I understand how annoying this can be. I'm glad that we were able to accommodate you with a quieter room.

Thank you for your feedback and if you have any other suggestions on how we could improve our hotel, please let me know. I hope you stay with us next time you're in The Big Easy. Till then, laissez le bon temps rouler!

All the best,

Sarah Drake
Manager
Romeo, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

Staff was friendly, we had a first floor courtyard on west side had our own little courtyard ,close to market and bourbon st.Are car was parked close by.the room was clean,toilet was a little cramped,with toilet paper roll out of place ,would go again in a heart beat.the market is two blocks away,and bourbon st. Is close.

Stayed December 2012
Mebane, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

The Staff was great. Rooms were very clean and the hotel was in the perfect location ,walking distance from anything in the french Quarters We had a second floor room with a small balcony and the view was great. Loved that you ordered you breakfast the night before and they bring it to your room in the morning that was a first!! If we are ever in the New Orleans area we will be staying there again!

Room Tip: Make sure You fill out the breakfast Card right or you will not get your breakfast!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sarah D, Reservations Manager at Chateau Hotel, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
We truly hope you come back to New Orleans someday! Thank you for taking the time to write us a review.

Been to Chateau Hotel? Share your experiences!