“Love Love Love it at the Bon Maison!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bon Maison Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Bon Maison Guest House
You added Bon Maison Guest House to your Saves list
835 Bourbon Street, New Orleans, LA 70116 (French Quarter)   |
Ranked #28 of 145 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Minnealpolis, MN
“Love Love Love it at the Bon Maison!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We always go to the Bon Maison Guest House. It is on the residential end of Bourbon and is within walking distance to everything you would want to do.

The courtyard is so beautiful; we love sitting by the fountain in the garden. The rooms are furnished with beautiful antiques. Every room has a kitchenette, so it's easy to have fresh fruit on hand, or heat up leftovers. It has the best prices in the Quarter to top it all off!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
albuquerque n.m. 87120
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This was a very nice surprise for us. A beautiful enclosed courtyard, with fountins and an aviary. The hosts are gracious and knowledgable about the City. The rooms were spacious and the bed was very comfortable. We highly recommend BMGH.

Room Tip: We were in suite 2 which opened onto the enclosed patio.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Ann Arbor, Mi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

...but I would in a heartbeat. We're trying to organize a last minute trip for my dad since my mom recently died and we want to give him something wonderful to look forward to over New Year's. While the Bon Maison was booked when we will be there, they were nonetheless extraordinarily helpful and ACTUALLY SUGGESTED A DIRECT COMPETITOR and steered me to specific chain hotels that they thought would meet our needs. So, I can't speak to the rooms or anything, but I found genuinely helpful and caring hotel staff, folks that I'd be proud to support with my time and money.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
LEWES
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I spent three great nights at Bon Maison. The guest house in right on Bourbon Street, but a block away from the true craziness, so the noise of the street does not really penetrate the building. Our room was spacious with comfortable bedding. We enjoyed several conversations with the host, who made sure we were well cared for. The courtyard is a nice feature, too.

Room Tip: Ask for the first-floor room(s) in the main building, facing the courtyard.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Memphis, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed our stay at the Bon Maison located in the heart of the French Quarter. We will make it our home away from home while in New Orleans. Great location, great room, great host!! Will recommend without reservation to friends interested in a unique and wonderful place to stay while visiting New Orleans. Also, for those interested in shopping around for parking—take the advice of Chuck, Bon Maison's proprietor, to valet park at the Bourbon Orleans Hotel. We looked around at other unprotected lots and price was the same without the security. Parking attendants cordial—but be sure to call ahead by about 30 minutes if at peak times.

Mike and Kay from Memphis

Room Tip: Rooms in back of house may be quieter since it is located on Bourbon Street--but north of busier sec...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
warren nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I returned to Bon Maison after many years away (OK, boasting - I was the first reviewer) and found little had changed, The rooms were essentially the same (could use some updating - time for flat screen TV's and the toaster only toasted one side), but now they do provide coffee!. Its Nice that the owners do not "knit pick" on the AC (room is cool when you get there, and stays wherever you set it). No maid service during the stay unless you request it - I was fine with that. Location is still terrific - the "noisy section" of Bourbon st. has moved 1 block closer than 9 years ago, but still 1 block away.

So - the negative. A walk in cage in the courtyard by most of the rooms houses about 20 parakeets (budgies for us Brits). They quiet down at dusk, but chime up again whenever the mood strikes them at night. When I asked the proprietor, Chuck he said a bit apologetically that some people love them and some do not (hi Chuck, its Ambrose). The first night they kept me awake several times. The second I closed the storm shutters, stuffed the gap between doors and storm shutters with pillows, kept the AC fan high and put the noise maker (I'm a light sleeper - I travel with a noise maker) by my head and I slept till the dawn chorus.

Hate to say it but the birds are a deal a
breaker for me - I'll be back when they quite down at night.

Room Tip: As far from the birds as possible
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

I usually stay at hotels when staying in New Orleans, but I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at The Bon Maison. For my needs the location was excellent. The host checked on me regularly making sure all my needs were met. The water pressure in the shower was the best I have ever experienced in the Quarter. I will definitely be staying again at the Bon Maison.

• Stayed September 2012

Been to Bon Maison Guest House? Share your experiences!