“A Diamond in the Rough” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bon Maison Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Bon Maison Guest House
You added Bon Maison Guest House to your Saves list
835 Bourbon Street, New Orleans, LA 70116 (French Quarter)   |
Ranked #29 of 145 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Hollywood, Florida
“A Diamond in the Rough”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

My boyfriend and I were looking for an easy place to stay on Bourbon St. for our New Orleans vacation, and never thought we would find such a diamond in the rough. From the beginning to the end, ie. from reservation to check out, Chuck made our stay effortless and enjoyable. He was a gracious host filled with an overflowing knowledge of the city. The room we stayed in was equally as charming. The room had a small kitchen with a "welcome home" feeling, and the courtyard was so inviting. There is no doubt that we will go back again, and can not imagine staying anywhere else. Thank you so much.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Mobile, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

We were married in the courtyard of Bon Maison and Chuck was so friendly and helpful. Our room in the slave quarters was perfect. You can't beat the location.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012 via mobile

Whether you're gay or straight, male or female, single or partnered, the Bon Maison is a warm and welcoming place to stay. In the heart of the "gay district" with several gay bars, shops and restaurants as neighbors, Bon Maison is the perfect location for any tourist who does not want to rent a car. The rooms are cozy, well air-conditioned, and surprisingly quiet for such a prime Bourbon Street location. The Bourbon Street scene can be a blast...especially knowing that when you're partied-out late at night (or morning?) you can easily return to the quiet cozy comfort of your room at Bon Maison. As other reviews have said, if you are looking for opulence you won't find it here... but what you will find is a historic landmark in this beautiful city that will provide you with the basic comforts a traveler needs. Staying here you will meet the friendly owners Chuck and Butch, who have been able to maintain the historic authenticity of this building while still providing quality service. If you need anything during your stay all you have to do is ask. I have been coming here for many years and plan on many many more!

• Stayed July 2012
Chelsea NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

I have stayed here for sevral years, and have enjoy it mostly for the convienance of the location. The owner Jay is a wonderful guy who is very accomodating, and just an overall genuine guy ;-)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

My husband surprised me with a trip to New Orleans for my 40th Birthday. We had a great time experiencing New Orleans and staying at the Bon Maison was a big part of the trip. We enjoyed sitting outside in the beautiful courtyard every morning with our coffee and a cocktail before each evening on Burbon Street. The location was absolutely perfect. It was within walking distance to everything we wanted to do. The room was quaint and cozy. It was just what we needed. The little kitchen was very convenient. I highly recommend staying at the Bon Maison.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

My husband and I had a wonderful time in New Orleans, and staying at the Bon Maison was the perfect touch. We love how intimate the slave quarters were as well as our balcony. First thing in the morning and before bed, we loved sitting in the courtyard watching the birds. We had such a great time that we booked another stay!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Lake Jackson, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

What a wonderful world the French Quarter is....and it truely is, a world within itself. A huge part of my amazing experience was due to the graciousness of Butch & Chuck! I found them both to be absolutely riveting! I feel that we are friends for life. I was there to celebrate my best friend's 50th birthday. They picked Bon Maison and they could never have made a better choice. Even though they are directly in the heart of the French Quarter, the atmosphere (once inside the private gated entrance) has almost an English countryside/garden "feel". The budgie aviary is very calming (the green baby is MINE)! There's so much to do within walking distance, you don't need a car, by any means. There are so many shops, eateries, bars, artists exibits, "mouth dropping" architecture and fun attractions/shows, who needs more? The cabs are all mostly flat rates that are very low, in case you do need to go out of the area....so, it's all good. Day "life" there is very laid back and mellow (definately not boring though) but the night "LIFE" is electric. I had so much fun.....an experience of a lifetime that I'll never forget. I don't even need to mention how handsome the rooms are (we took the 2 bedroom) and how comfortable the beds are. I honestly felt like I was at home. When we go back....I know where I'll be staying. Bon Maison is the ticket! Thanks so much, Butch & Chuck, for having us and making us feel like family. We love you! Brenda Sue & John Olson ~ Lake Jackson, Texas

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Bon Maison Guest House? Share your experiences!