“Nice Hotel, Great Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area)

You added Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area) to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   226 Carondelet Street, New Orleans, LA 70130   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double HHonors Points!
Ranked #16 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Dandridge, Tennessee
“Nice Hotel, Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

My fiance and I stayed a night at this hotel to have a night out on Bourbon St. I booked our room using HHonors points, so I can't really speak to the value of the hotel room. What I can speak to was that the front desk was able to get us into a room early in the afternoon, and provided friendly advice about where to have dinner. The room was modern, comfortable, and quiet, exactly what we like in a hotel room. The bed was comfortable, for what little sleep we got before and after the night out. And the location! Perfect for walking to Bourbon St, Frenchman St, and walking our way around the Quarter. It really was convenient to everything. Checking out was a breeze, they held onto our luggage for us while we went for brunch, and the valet was prompt with the car.

I definitely recommend staying here!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
West Memphis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My first impression of the Hampton Inn was not a good one. We arrived in the rain and our luggage had to be removed from our cars and our cars had to be valet parked. I have been to New Orleans at least five times and I have never had to relequish my car so soon! The valet service and bell hop seemed very impatient until I pulled out money and held it in my hand. Upon check in, my sister in law was unable to pay for her room with the same credit card she had reserved the room with because the credit card was in her husband's name. She was unprepared for this surprise and taken aback. It did not help that the bell man was rushing us to get our luggage to our room. Once we got to our room, I was very happy with the size of the room and the bathroom. It was very clean and the beds were comfortable. The view, however, left a lot to be desired. The parking fee was not included in the price of the room, so plan to spend extra when you arrive. The location was convenient to Bourbon Street and Canal. It was several blocks away from the aquarium, but still within walking distance. I don't recommend the walk in severe heat with kids. The lobby was marble and very pretty. The staff was kind upon checkout and graciously stored our bags so we could grab lunch before we left. I would say the biggest drawback is not having convenient access to your vehicle and no room service. One of the best amenities however was a lovely continental breakfast with a nice variety of good food. A bagel and cream cheese could even be taken back to the room to put in the fridge to snack on later. This sort of makes up for no room service. They even had coloring books and crayons at breakfast for the kids. The free breakfast at the Hampton Inn is the best one I've had in New Orleans.

• Stayed June 2014
Monticello, AR.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stayed here in June of 2014. We were first greeted by Calvin the bellhop! Very professional and friendly and he has a wonderful New Orleans accent. Staff at the front desk was friendly as well. I had a problem with my mini fridge I called the front desk and the maintenance guy was there quick. He even brought us a new fridge to make sure our food stayed cold. Would stay here again, walking distance to Bourbon Street if that's your thing. Matter of fact Caroondelet turns into Bourbon Street! Would definitely recommend!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Durham, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Room not ready, but desk was cheerful and got us new rooms. Clean. Quiet. Nice breakfast. You can walk from there to most anywhere. Reasonable rates. The staff were EXTREMELY friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Longmont, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

The rooms, and especially the junior suites, are fabulous. Tall ceilings, large windows, great layouts. I was super impressed and pleased with my stay here. I was visiting on business. It was a $10 cab ride to the conv center, but only $1.25 by trolley if you're willing to walk a few blocks on each end. The proximity to the French Quarter is great. It's away from the hustle, bustle and noise of Bourbon St., but close enough to walk back and forth several times a day if you want. Theresa at the front desk was very helpful. The bell staff was always attentive, professional and friendly. The business area where the hotel is located is pretty quiet on weekends, but there are still coffee shops and decent restaurants nearby if you don't want to visit the touristy areas. I loved my stay at this hotel and would stay here again in a heartbeat. There is no pool, so I didn't see as many young kids as I normally do when I travel. The free breakfast provides a good selection and the breakfast staff were fantastic!

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, ask for a room away from the trolley side of the building. The trolle...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

This Hampton Inn was in walking distance to all the French Quarter has to offer. We arrived very late, but with the valet and extra security measures we felt very safe and very welcome. The room was the largest of any Hampton we have experienced.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

My husband and I stayed here during the Essence Fest . The location was perfect close and walking distance to Bourbon Street, the Superdome, Convention Center, and steps away from a convenient store. The staff was very friendly and helpful, from the doorman, maid service, and the front desk staff.m

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area)? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area)

Address: 226 Carondelet Street, New Orleans, LA 70130
Location: United States > Louisiana > New Orleans
#10 Romantic Hotel in New Orleans
#13 Business Hotel in New Orleans
#16 Family Hotel in New Orleans
Hotel Class:3 star — Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area) 3*
Located in the Carondelet Building, noted as the first "skyscraper" in New Orleans, the Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter area) artfully combines the city's rich history with modern conveniences. Just one block from the French Quarter's Bourbon Street, famous restaurants, antique shopping and top attractions, our Hotel in Downtown New Orleans gives you easy access to the best this world-class city has to offer. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, AAA Travel Services, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels, Despegar.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn Downtown/French Quarter Area Hotel New Orleans
Hampton Inn New Orleans
New Orleans Hampton Inn

If you own or manage Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area), register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.