Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area) to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area)
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   226 Carondelet Street, New Orleans, LA 70130   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double HHonors Points!
Ranked #19 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Inglis, FL
“Absolute Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

At the end of a two week road trip to Colorado from Florida and back, imagine our great suprise with the outstanding accomodations at the Hampton Inn New Orleans-Downtown! We were pleasantly greeted in the midst of the afternoon rush by Calvin, who helped us unload our vehicle and guide us to our room. The front desk upgraded our room to a fabulous 12th story king with fantastic views! Thought I was staying at a $400/night room for less than I paid at Hamptons just off the interstate in Texas. The room was extraordinarily clean and quiet. Breakfast was great and the hotel was the perfect springboard to Bourbon Street and the French Quarter! We will definitely stay here again and you should too!

Room Tip: Our corner suite was large and updated!

669 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Baton Rouge, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Best location in New Orleans. Hotel is newly renovated and beautiful. Staff is very helpful and so hospitable. The reservation process was a piece of cake. Check in was quick and they even called the room shortly after check in to make sure the room was OK. The bell staff always greeted us and wished us a nice day if we were heading out.

Birmingham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Stayed here for long weekend in N.O. Hotel in perfect location in French Quarter. No pool availability was a drag. Rooms newly renovated but walls are very thin. Neighbors were noisy first night but after one call to front desk it was resolved. Overall, I would stay here again.

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I prefer properties just outside the Quarter when I stay in New Orleans - so I can escape to an oasis outside of the din of the party. This hotel met and exceeded my expectations.

My oversized room had been recently updated and was very well appointed.

It's a short 2-block walk to Bourbon St, very well-lit, and safe. There's always a doorman in front to help. The St. Charles streetcar line is steps away.

The staff made my stay a delight. LaTrenda at the front desk is the best!

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
stone mountain, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

other than the house keeper not speaking english and not knowing where the ice machine was, it was a wonderful stay. The breakfast was meatless, so i ate out. The hotel room was luxurious and it reminded me of a 4 star hotel. It had high ceilings, spacious environment with decent decor and a 42 inch flat screen TV did not hurt my comfort meter. The beds were pillow top and pillows soft and cold as a sank into the sheets after a long day.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Mars, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

After reading mixed reviews about this hotel, I decided to book 2 rooms for my family anyway. I'm glad I did. We had an excellent room that had been renovated (and took the advice to get a corner room) with high ceilings and spacious beyond our imagination. We were unable to get the second room right next to us, but just through the hall and on the other side, a mere probably 20 steps away because of the size bedding we requested. Morning breakfast was fabulous and a huge assortment each day with the 'main entree' rotating so it wasn't the same old every morning, though you could still have that, too, if you wanted with all the fruit, oatmeal, cereals, muffins that were consistent. The breakfast room was huge and only 1 morning when there was a couple of buses of students eating at the same time was there any lack of seating. We were close enough to the French Quarter as we don't like to be right in the heart of it and passed by a few local restaurants that we would've missed out on had we been elsewhere. There is no pool but we asked at the desk about utilizing one of the other Hampton Inn's and they said 'just let us know when you want to go and we'll contact them ahead and also have the shuttle ready for you.' Unfortunately we never had the time to go to the pool, but that's not our reason or a huge concern for visiting New Orleans. If we do ever return to New Orleans, we will definitely be staying here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
New Braunfels, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

On business trip for a week. Not really impressed with this Hampton Inn. I almost feel like 3 stars is too much. The staff was ok. Floor was noisy due to partiers coming and going all night. Room outdated and not the cleanest. I noticed they were renovating some of the rooms on the floor I was on. That added to the noise and staff leaving things all over the place. Wish they had gotten to mine first or put me in a nicer room. Not happy that I had to pay a small fortune everyday to park. Also found out there was no laundry facility available in the hotel which was totally inconvenient for folks who are on extended business trips. The dining room doors were kept shut until 6 or 6:30 (can't remember) so getting fresh coffee for early risers is not an option.

Room Tip: I'm guessing this is a problem for the location.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
ViseTricia, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area), responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Greetings from New Orleans!
First of all I wanted to thank you for staying with us when you were visiting our city. I wanted to find out if it was possible for you to call me at the hotel to further discuss your stay with us. The number is 504-529-9990. I am unsure of the dates in which you stayed, but since every one of our rooms have been remodeled since mid-August, I can only assume it was prior to that time. I am curious of some specific things with regards to your stay, and I would appreciate it so much if I could speak with you regarding it.
Tricia Vise

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area)? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area)

Address: 226 Carondelet Street, New Orleans, LA 70130
Location: United States > Louisiana > New Orleans
#14 Business Hotel in New Orleans
#17 Family Hotel in New Orleans
#17 Romantic Hotel in New Orleans
Hotel Class:3 star — Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area) 3*
Located in the Carondelet Building, noted as the first "skyscraper" in New Orleans, the Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter area) artfully combines the city's rich history with modern conveniences. Just one block from the French Quarter's Bourbon Street, famous restaurants, antique shopping and top attractions, our Hotel in Downtown New Orleans gives you easy access to the best this world-class city has to offer. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Tingo, Travelocity, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, BookingOdigeoWL, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hampton Inn Downtown/French Quarter Area Hotel New Orleans
Hampton Inn New Orleans
New Orleans Hampton Inn

If you own or manage Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area), register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.