I prefer properties just outside the Quarter when I stay in New Orleans - so I can escape to an oasis outside of the din of the party. This hotel met and exceeded my expectations.
My oversized room had been recently updated and was very well appointed.
It's a short 2-block walk to Bourbon St, very well-lit, and safe. There's always a doorman in front to help. The St. Charles streetcar line is steps away.
The staff made my stay a delight. LaTrenda at the front desk is the best!
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Downtown/French Quarter Area Hotel New Orleans
- Hampton Inn Downtown/French Quarter Area Hotel
- Hampton Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Carondelet Building, noted as the first "skyscraper" in New Orleans, the Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter area) artfully combines the city's rich history with modern conveniences. Just one block from the French Quarter's Bourbon Street, famous restaurants, antique shopping and top attractions, our Hotel in Downtown New Orleans gives you easy access to the best this world-class city has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Tingo, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, HotelsClick and Venere so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Downtown (French Quarter Area) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.