“Looks can be deceiving .” 2 of 5 stars
Review of The Blake Hotel New Orleans, an Ascend Collection Hotel

Save Saved
You added The Blake Hotel New Orleans, an Ascend Collection Hotel to your Saves list
The Blake Hotel New Orleans, an Ascend Collection Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   500 St. Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #91 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Lathrop, Missouri
“Looks can be deceiving .”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Looks nice from the outside, inside another story . Halls were dirty, elevators just kind of randomly stopped. Room was adequate but not really nice. Beds swayed from side to side........but for around a $100 I got a room with two queens and it was only a night so it served its purpose.

• Stayed March 2013

239 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Madison, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Heater blew cold air when we tried to warm up room but staff remedied the problem. The special we got we great. Staff was most friendly and helpful. It has valet parking or self park but not any hotel parking. We found good street parking

• Stayed March 2013
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

After reassuring the front desk I wasn't Irish I found my room to be nichè to say the least . It was o e of the non- renovated rooms which would explain the dampness and peeling back of wall paper. I didn't see it nessacery to fold the bed back up each night lol
Until I realised all other rooms were renovated and I had just drawn a short straw I assu Ed the room decor was in keeping with the spooky Cajun theme .
Luckily my human rights representative and good friend put things right
Gym adjacent building 1 entry per day per night stay , we'll equipped
1 km from French quarter

Room Tip: Switch on lights before unpacking
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Blake Hotel for a weekend visit to New Orleans. The room was nice and clean and the location was really great. The rooms are clean and the beds are really comfortable. The staff is friendly and courteous. I lost my key after a rough night out, and the desk was happy to replace it (after showing ID) at 6am with no fuss. There is also a nice little cafe in the lobby area that serves a delicious breakfast. It's a great little hotel, and I plan to stay here on future visits to New Orleans.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Almost every time we visit New Orleans we book at this hotel. It is a great location on the corner of St. Charles. The room is very comfortable and rather large. We will be staying here again soon I'm sure!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Had a fantastic experience staying at the Blake Hotel in New Orleans. Amazing location - in the heart of the Central Business District, walking distance to the French Quarter and right on the street car line if you're headed uptown/Garden District. Rooms are clean, comfortable and spacious. The staff was friendly, helpful and knowledgable. Very reasonable pricing for the high quality. Couldn't have had a better place to stay in a wonderful city. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stayed at the Blake Hotel several months ago so I'm late in writing this post BUT overall it was a decent stay. I got the room for a great price (book way in advance, it will be much cheaper), and it was in an okay location (10 min walk to the French Quarter).

The room was clean when I checked in. It was the most lavish hotel room I've ever stayed in but again, for the price I thought it was alright.

I think the best part about staying here though was the staff. When I needed more towels, I called the front desk and they were immediately sent up. I did have questions and they were able to answer them, and if they didn't know the answer, they searched until they found out. Hands down, Jeremy is their best employee. If you do decide to go here make sure you book, check-in, do whatever, and check-out with him. He is VERY nice and knowledgeable about the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Manny S, General Manager at The Blake Hotel New Orleans, an Ascend Collection Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thank you for your review. We strive to provide excellent customer service and your comments have been shared with the staff. Feedback like this is great motivation for everyone. Thank you.

Been to The Blake Hotel New Orleans, an Ascend Collection Hotel? Share your experiences!