“great service, beautiful facility...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton New Orleans - Convention Center

You added Embassy Suites by Hilton New Orleans - Convention Center to your Saves list
Embassy Suites by Hilton New Orleans - Convention Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   315 Julia Street, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Family Fun Package
Ranked #106 of 156 Hotels in New Orleans
Covington, Georgia
“great service, beautiful facility...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

do not check in until check-in time... We had to arrive early at 11:00 - due to our convention obligations, we needed to be at the hotel\ early...they told us our room would be ready by the checkin time of 3:00... Nope it was almost 4:00 before we were settled in to our room. And I had to call and beg for a room, they didn't call us... breakfast wonderful but the area was awful for more food options within a shorter walking distance... we were very busy at our convention and exhausted at the end of the day every day for a week... a sandwich or deli bar inside the dining area would have given this hotel a five star rating! front desk, bellhops and valets were awesome!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Skip A, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton New Orleans - Convention Center, responded to this review, November 27, 2014
Anita D,

Thank you for the fantastic review!

Skip Adams

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Hotel in the warehouse area with a 10 minute walk to Bourbon Street, but far enough away you can sleep in peace! Free happy hour daily from 5:30-7:30 and a complimentary breakfast with homemade omelettes, hot items, and fresh fruit every morning. Definitely would consider staying here again!

Tip: There are two towers to this facility so request to be in the same building when coming as part of a group. We ended up in separate towers and those in the same tower ended up on separate floors, even though many of the reservations were made with the same card.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
TXMARTINS,

Thanks so much for the review. On occasion groups do indeed get split up based on room type request. I'm glad you enjoyed our fantastic location and hope to see you again soon!

IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here the middle of July for a national convention. The staff was excellent and very friendly! Absolutely anything we needed they responded to quickly, efficiently and always with a smile! We really enjoyed our stay and look forward to returning some day soon! Thank you Embassy Suites for making us feel as if we were the only guests you had to cater to amongst all the caos of the convention!!!!

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Jan T,

Thanks for the wonderful review! Hope to see you again soon.

Edinburg, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

My nine year old son got a huge gash on his right big toe while in the pool. Though, EMS was called, the hotel management did not follow up on the condition of my son. My wife and I were told that we would be called my management before our departure on Friday the 11th but that did not happen. I called Hilton Corporate office on Monday the 14th and then I received a call for the New Orleans Embassy Hotel. The general manager apologized and offered to refund some money of the total stay and give me some rewards points. I checked my credit card account and did not see a credit and I also checked my Hilton HHonors I have "0" balance even with my three day stay. In my opinion, the hotel should have at least taken care of my tab for the day of the injury to the end of our stay. We had to order in our dinner the last two nights and my son was on a wheeled chair for the remainder of the trip. Since my son was on a wheeled chair and couldn't walk, my wife had to stay with him while my three year old and I went downtown and try to buy souvenirs. This is by far the worst hotel experience my family and I have had to deal with.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

New Orleans, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

This is a great hotel with helpful staff. Within walking distance to everything we wanted to do, 2 blocks from new Riverwalk shopping. Quiet neighborhood. Close enough to French Quarter to walk but far enough away to keep the noise and partyers away.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dawn B,

Thanks for noticing our great staff! They truly are what sets us apart. Thanks for staying with us!

Enterprise, AL, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Although it wasn't a bad hotel by any stretch, something just seemed different about it. Folks used to a more typical atrium hotel, will notice that the layout is very different. Happy hours and breakfast both disappointed in subtle ways, ie...what's up with this OJ? or...oops....the Southern Gravy is gone. Small, yet significant maintenance issues in the room that took a lot to get addressed. Our first night we noticed that the maid used sheets that were too small for our KS bed, and out feet were on the raw 18 bottom inches of the mattress....took 2 hours at 11 pm to get addressed because engineering had no available sheets that were dry???? Really???
Lot's of hustle and bustle outside, lots of construction in the area.... Hotel is 3 blocks from the now "Smithsonian" quality World War II Museum, and is a mere 2 blocks from my favorite restaurant in New Orleans, Mulate's. I highly recommend the Crawfish Etouffe smothered Catfish. 10 minute cab ride in traffic to the French Quarter.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

I never write reviews but I felt like I had to for this hotel seeing how I stayed here for 10 days. I from Michigan and I took a study away class (similar to study abroad except you stay in the US) and this is where the program leader chose for us to stay. I came a day early so myself and some other girls split the cost of the room for the night which was $150 which is pricey, in my opinion, because I'm a college student and this was the discounted rate. But the room we stayed in for the one night was nice. You can see the breakfast bar from the room we were in since we were on the second floor. The only thing that sucked was it was hard to regulate the heat inside the room, it was either too hot or too cold! The room we stayed in during the 10 days we stayed was SO nice. I love hotels and I've stayed in a fair share of them. There were two of us per room and it was so spacious, more than enough for two people. The room was cleaned to the T and housekeeping was very efficient and on point with getting our rooms cleaned. They cleaned every other day since we stayed so long and would even ask if we wanted our room cleaned as we passed by them in the halls. The front desk staff were nice, every time we came back to the hotel, we were greeted. The breakfast was better than I've seen before. It has an omelette bar and those staff were very nice as well. The location is good, close to a new outlet mall they just opened, the street car and restaurants. I would advise venturing out for eating because the near by restaurants close early and are super pricey. I would stay here again. !

• Stayed May 2014
Skip A, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton New Orleans - Convention Center, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks so much for the kind words! We are looking into your room temp issue right now. THanks so much for pointing this out to us!