“Had to go” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cafe Du Monde

Cafe Du Monde
800 Decatur St, New Orleans, LA 70116-3306 (French Quarter)
(504) 581-2914
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Neighborhood: French Quarter
“Had to go”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

As recommended by a friend and since I could not find a good desert shop on tripadvisor, we walked here on a cold Saturday night from Harrah's.

It has a nice location as we sat by the rail and watched the hose carriages coming and going. Our sever was there right away and made sure we knew cash only and explained Beignets as we had never had any before.

Our order of coffee, hot coco and beignets (covered with powdered sugar, woohoo) came quickly and we had a very nice time and will definitely come back again.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

It's sad to come back again and not enjoy my visit to iconic cafe du monde , the staff were way to occupied to wait on you as smoking was more important as was counting there tips ! My tip for your staff is when it's not busy waiting on customers instead of doing the above mention stuff would Probaly help there make more money. Also smoking near any customers who are want to eat isn't really appropriate.
Can't say I'm going to hurry back . Disappointed !!!!

Mandan, North Dakota, United States
“Good to try while in NOLA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Figured we needed to try the famous beignets in New Orleans so we did. They are quite tasty, but not really that unique. Basically a donut with powdered sugar. I am happy we did it and would do again if in NOLA. Would not want to work there in the powdered sugar cloud. It's just wrong having their staff wear black pants with all the sugar dust.
Anyways, I would suggest you experience if you are in the French Quarter.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New Orleans, Louisiana
“The people who work here absolutely awesome!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

Not only are bignets and coffee here Great but the people who work here are awesome. I was here a couple of nights ago and after I we left I realized that I had left my iPhone there after walking a half mile. When I went back, the staff remembered us and had kept the phone aside. Trust me in a city like New Orleans this DOES NOT Happen. Kudos to the wonderful people who work here!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Cafe Du Monde”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

IF your in New Orleans, it's a must on your bucket list, to go and have a cup of coffee (café au lait) and beignets, if your not a coffee drinker they have hot chocolate. The beignets come in a basket of three and piping hot!! The service if friendly and quick. It was the first place my boyfriend and I headed. Be prepared to wait for a table, but the wait is worth it. It's also in a great location, across from Jackson Square and around the French Market. It's simply a must.

• 5 of 5 stars Food