“Excellent food, top flight wines” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 1,672 Restaurants in New Orleans
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: This beautiful two-story building was erected in 1809 by Antoine Angué where he opened the Vieux Carré’s first Creole Bistro called, The Restaurant d’Orleans. Today, the property is owned by the noted local business team of Pam Fortner and Earl Bernhardt. Lovingly renovated with its prestigious past in mind, The Orleans Grapevine continues the tradition by offering discriminating diners the best in fine dining and an extensive wine list in a beautiful, intimate yet relaxed atmosphere. We feature many unique and seasonal special dishes & specials.
Becker, Minnesota, United States
“Excellent food, top flight wines”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Nice quiet courtyard, great service and excellent wine. Try the BBQ shrimp, it is not your average BBQ.

Visited February 2014

Seattle, Washington
“Delightful from start to finish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

I have never before been tempted to move to a new city simply to become a regular at an establishment. However, after my experience at Orleans Grapevine Wine Bar & Bistro, I can honestly say that I am considering it. From the first time I visited this establishment it felt like a place I would be honored to belong to. My brother and I enjoyed it so much the first night that we went back every following night of our stay in New Orleans.
The blend of personalities in this establishment is perfect. Sunshine set us up at the bar. I asked for “something hot” and she made me a steamy, spicy, creamy, cup full of comfort that made me smile. Chef Dan worked miracles in the kitchen. I am from Seattle and have had my share of salmon, but I can honestly tell you that the salmon special was out of this world! We had warm goat cheese, duck, bacon wrapped scallops, crème brulee and chocolate mousse. Nothing fell short of delightful. My brother and I don’t know much about wine so Ron and Gerald made suggestions to go with our meals. They did not disappoint. Mia and Rebecca were both attentive and full of smiles and good conversation. Pam was charming and had a knack for making me laugh. We even got to meet her dogs :)
This place will definitely make you feel like a part of the family. The atmosphere is warm and welcoming. The wine selection is impressive. The food is awesome. The staff is amazing. My time in New Orleans was made memorable in large part to the time I spent at Orleans Grapevine Wine Bar & Bistro. I am confident that anyone who stops in will fall in love with this place. I definitely did!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“So good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Muscles - awesome! BSteak - mediocre. Gumbo- excellent Clams - rich! Service- attentive!!
Out highlight was the muscles and wine!!

Seattle, Washington, United States
“Magic, Secrets, Food Stuffs, & Love”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2014

Within minutes of happening in to Orleans Grapevine Wine Bar & Bistro my sister and I knew we’d found a really special place. The excellent wine was a pleasant surprise even though “wine bar” is in the name, but the real treat was the service.

Shine, the head bartender, was the first person we encountered. Her warm, honest smile, kind eyes, and gentle demeanor instantly made us feel not only welcome in the establishment, but also part of the “family”. The experience of which was palpable in the atmosphere.

Chef Dan, after spending the evening creating edible art (which my sister and I had come too late for this night, but came back for the next night…and the night after that), began playing the piano inciting one joyous sing-along after another. We were there late into the morning singing, laughing, and making new friends.

The following night we returned, no brainer after the previous night, and this time we were early enough to partake of Chef Dan’s artistic kitchen talents. Everything was better than I had hoped; the gumbo was divine, the duck salad was amazing, the bacon wrapped scallops...heaven in the mouth. Then, Dan came out to say hello and recommended the crème brulée and the chocolate mousse…which, of course, we had and they forever altered how I will see those two foods. Honestly I didn’t like crème brulée prior to this experience, but I totally get it now. After a lovely dinner in the beautiful outdoor courtyard with their heated tables and lovely fountains, we went inside for after dinner wine and conversation with our new favorite bartender and the rest of the staff.

On night three of our “can’t get enough of this place, these people, or this food” tour of Orleans Grapevine, a lovely woman who we had laughed and joked with on previous nights bought us Hand Grenade Martini’s…if you should choose to enjoy the delightful drink that is this, make sure you don’t have too many plans for the rest of the evening. ;o)

Enjoy your New Orleans experience, and I strongly encourage you to include Orleans Grapevine.

Among the many employees who participated in the exquisite evenings my sister and I shared in this lovely establishment, I’d like to send a special thank you to some of the people I had the privilege of personally interacting with who not only provided exquisite customer service, but who’s company assisted greatly in my New Orleans experience consisting of Magic, Secrets, Food stuffs, and Love.

In no particular order they are:
Ron and Gerald who, among other things, recommended delicious wines to accompany our salads, dinners, and deserts. Rebecca and Mia were the two ladies that took excellent care of us the two times we had dinner. Chef Dan the truly stellar artist of food and flavor. Pam, who let me play with her lovely dogs and bought us martini’s made of “magic, secrets, green stuff, and vodka”. And, last, but by no means least, Shine who made us laugh and exquisite drinks. You are all loved, missed, and remembered fondly. We’ll be back, and will repeatedly send our loved ones your way!

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Greenville, South Carolina
“A hidden treasure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

We have stayed at the Bourbon Orleans countless times and just recently tried this restaurant. The food and wine selection is great. Very convenient, but not very touristy. I'm so happy we finally tried it!

Visited February 2014