“A Real New Orleans Experience” 5 of 5 stars

Creole Gardens Guesthouse Bed & Breakfast
1415 Prytania St., New Orleans, LA 70130   |
Ranked #40 of 145 New Orleans B&B and Inns
New England
“A Real New Orleans Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2006

We stayed here and loved it. Clean and comfy, halfway between the Garden District and French Quarter - great for walking. Andy was very helpful with recommendations for nearby restaurants and things to see and do. Maddie was a perfect Southern host (she's from Chicago) making breakfast to order. The rest of the staff was also friendly and gracious.
We stayed in "The Cottages" and loved the painted sink in the bathroom. The courtyard with banana tree was something we never see in New England.
This part of New Orleans seems to be up and running for tourists, with many wonderful restaurants right nearby.
We recommend this Bed and Breakfast for anyone who wants to get away from the monster hotel experience.

• Liked — Andy
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2006

506 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
New Orleans, LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2006

On October 14th, 2006, I was married at the Creole Gardens in New Orleans. I give them my highest recommendation for services and staff (not to mention location and ambiance). I began searching for a courtyard location for my wedding about 6 months before the big event. The Creole Gardens was my choice due to cost (very affordable) and helpfulness of the staff. The wedding coordinator knows what he is doing and is a joy to work with. From food to drinks to decorations to music, he helped with it all by recommendations and making some important phone calls for me. The food served at the wedding was cooked by the wedding coordinator himself and was better than any other Creole food I've had yet in New Orleans. The gumbo was awesome!
The entire staff worked with my budget and hectic schedule to make my wedding as stress-free as possible. I cannot give them enough kudos for all the help they gave me. They truly made me feel like they were friends I've know for years, not just a few months.
Also the staff worked very hard to please all of our guests staying at the Creole Gardens. They made sure that everyone felt welcome and comfortable. This was the first time many of my family members had been to New Orleans and it was relieving to know they were in good hands.
In addition, my husband and I stayed in the honeymoon suite. The room was nicely decorated and a great romantic hide out for the evening. We didn't actually spend too much time in the room, the bed was comfy and fit for a king. We will definitely be coming back here for future anniversaries!

• Liked — The helpfulness of the staff
  • Disliked — I have no complaints
  • Tips/Secrets — Get to know the staff. They have great recommendations and are just nice people to talk to.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2006

The personality and charm of the employees really makes this the Bed and Breakfast of the year! After enduring the Katrina hurricane,this inn was filled with some of the most awesome people I have ever met! Beginning with the warm welcome to the 'making sure everyone is having a great time' to saying goodbye, the wonderful staff will make you realize that you want to go back!!! The food is MOST excellent whether it be the food served to you in the morning or the fantastic buffet from the wedding. This is a clean and unique inn. The room I stayed in is now considered the "healing" room. Maddy will know what I am referring to. Have no doubts about whether or not you should book- Just book and you will be very satisfied!

Stayed October 2006
Amsterdam
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2006

My stay at the Creole gardens was really great. I was in New Orleans to attend a conference (ASHG 2006) and this Bed & Breakfast is really a place to relax and enjoy the atmosphere of how New Orleans should be. The staff is really friendly and prepared to assist you in everything you require. And the best thing is that they really mean it as well. I really enjoyed having Breakfast there - the New Oleans sausage is GREAT!
I really recommend staying at the Creole Gardens for business or for fun!

• Liked — Atmosphere, personal touch
  • Disliked — Check in took a bit long due to unclear directions provided
  • Tips/Secrets — Confirm on ETA
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Gulfport, MS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2006

If you are sick and tired of the blah humbug of chain hotels, this one will knock your socks off! Each room is screaming with it's own bi-polar personality. NOT your daddy's Super-8 motel.
Parking was tight, but we got our family mini-van and my miata parked right in front during the Labor Day Holiday. The owner will be glad to give you a history lesson on how his place fared during Katrina and give you a map, with directions to the more notable Katrina stricken areas if you ask.

The breakfast on Sunday was fabulous, made to order and delivered to your table in the great dining room. Options ranged from grits, eggs, bacon, cajun sausage, pancakes, doughnuts, bananas, coffee bagles, cold cereal and orange juice.
Unfortunately on Monday, there was only a bowl of fruit, bagles and English Muffins, cold cereal, coffee and orange juice.

My 3 kids ages 14, 15 and 20 stayed in one room and my husband and I stayed in another room.
I didn't notice any "thin" walls as mentioned in another review.
But the place is quirky, funky, and a feast for the eyes. Real bananas hung down from two large banana trees in the courtyard.

If you are sick of the run of the mill motels that offer nothing but a bed, try out the Creole Gardens Guesthouse where each room is world of its' own.

• Liked — Very spunky and individualistic
  • Disliked — Parking, Monday morning breakfast
  • Tips/Secrets — Expect the unexpected
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2006

We stayed at the Creole Gardens at the recommendation of a friend who had stayed there numerous times. The inside and out was painted with lively colors and decorations. We loved our room. At first I thought the area around the bed was small but it ended up just feeling very romantic and cozy. The airconditioning was a great retreat from the summer heat. The bathroom was large and clean and the turndown service was very nice. The innkeepers were very friendly and helpful in our planning of what to do and more importantly, what not to waste our time on. We were suprised that there was only a continental breakfast (we were there on weekdays) so one might want to clarify beforehand. The location is great. There is a great bar down the street called St. Charles Tavern. Make sure to befriend Jim and try the Abita beer. They also have a great breakfast package. We will definately stay here again when we return to NOLA.

• Liked — The brightly colored decorations are cheery even on a gloomy day.
  • Disliked — The metal staircase to get to our room.
  • Tips/Secrets — Go to the St. Charles Tavern to eat and drink.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
New England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2006

Creole Gardens guesthouse and bed/breakfast is a wonderful place to stay with New Orlean's flare and fun. We stayed in the "cottages" each with a unique and comfortable decorated style. The staff were excellent and assisted us to make our stay comfortable. Creole Gardens also extended a sense of social responsibility in assisting us in our volunteer work at the Animal Rescue League of New Orleans. Visit them for a great stay in an open, friendly and excellent location!

Been to Creole Gardens Guesthouse Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!