“Good hotel based on location” 4 of 5 stars

You added The Frenchmen Hotel to your Saves list
The Frenchmen Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   417 Frenchmen Street, New Orleans, LA 70116 (Bywater)   |
Ranked #30 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
“Good hotel based on location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

Me and my wife stayed in room 103, it was a standard queen, the room was still small but nice. The only problem we had was the a/c couldn't keep up with the humidity so the room stayed incredibly humid all night. Other than that the staff was very helpful, and the location was in walking distance to everything.

Room Tip: You could still hear the music from 103, so if you like it quiet when you sleep I would start from 1...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

ChucLav, Manager at The Frenchmen Hotel, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Bryan S,

Thank you so much for writing. We do appreciate all the feedback we get. We'll have our maintenance team look at the unit in that room. It is pleasing to hear that you enjoyed the location. We're not unaware that we have the best location in the city so it's nice to hear that you found it enjoyable.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Kenner
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

My husband and I are Vegas regulars. We don't usually stay home and play tourist but our daughter got us a room as a surprise.It was awesome! We loved the charm of the whole hotel. Totally different experience than a Vegas hotel. We peeked in as many rooms as we could during our 3 day stay and was glad the choice was made for us because they are all unique in their own way , no matter what size. We loved the location, our balcony, the staff, especially sweet Kenesha and the comfort of our bed. We had such an adventure staying in the heart of things and the nightly music just added to it. We stayed a few months ago (March I believe) and since we keep thinking about the memories I felt we owed this wonderful hotel a review. Thanks for the memories!!!

Room Tip: I like balcony on 2nd floor but music and street noise may bother some.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Debwin,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write, and especially after having returned home so long ago. There is something to be said for staying close to home every once in a while. We are so happy to hear that you found the rooms unique. It is our goal to not look like every chain hotel out there but to provide the service of the high end ones. We hope to see you again.
Thousand Oaks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Arrived Saturday, August 10th, NOLA, just in time for something called the "Red Dress Run." OMG! I guess I am too old to participate but everyone seemed to be having a good time! Fortunately, my "over-priced taxi" (my fault) brought me to the Frenchmen Hotel. Ushered into Room #101--nice, clean, comfortable room. (I was travelling solo, as usual.)
To sum up, the room was fine for me (single guy). My only complaint was that the room had only one window that faced the street and I could not get any natural light or the world would be my best friend.
Keisha (?) and others assisted me in every which way and more. I got what I paid for. Was very happy. I would definitely stay there again if I was travelling solo, but if I did it with a significant other, I might want to step it up a bit. However, I didn't have any idea what the other rooms looked like, so I might be wrong.
First time in NOLA and the Frenchmen Hotel and their staff made my 3-day stay most pleasurable!

Room Tip: I might stay away from room #101 only because if you roll up the blinds, anyone can (and will) look...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

ChucLav, Manager at The Frenchmen Hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
SoloHalo,

Well you certainly did find yourself here during quite an event. The Red Dress Run in New Orleans is one of the biggest in the country. It had to have been quite the experience for you. We do have several types of rooms, some much larger than the Petit in which you stayed. It was unfortunate that you arrived on such an incredibly busy weekend. We could probably have switched you to room more to your liking. Please do come back and see us again.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

Just perfect for us. Location could not have been better - the bars on frenchmen street are real fun, with great music, and we preferred them to the noisier bourbon street. Our room was clean and pretty, good fresh towels and soap, a powerful shower. Service was impeccable and super-friendly, breakfast was really relaxed and easy (but pretty basic), and we got given a free bottle of prosecco! Loved it, and would definitely go back.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Silk,

Thank you so much for taking them time write. We love to hear that our guests have had a good experience and that they enjoy the location, which we, of course, consider the best in the city. We hope to see again real soon.
Tupelo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

I had a booked my trip months in advance, then had my female companion flake out on me at the last minute. I went anyway and a buddy of mine met me for the weekend. I had booked one of the smaller rooms with only one bed, but without any hassle they upgraded us to a bigger room and got him a nice cot to sleep on. We had a BLAST in the Quarter and Frenchmen St. and loved the hotel. Great location, people and very clean... If you're lookking for something fun and different I highly recommend it. I will DEFINITELY be back!

• Stayed July 2014
ChucLav, Manager at The Frenchmen Hotel, responded to this review, August 6, 2014
sgwatson,

Good of you to have written. I remember speaking to you on the phone. Happy to hear it all worked out for you. Hope to see you again soon, maybe with your female companion next time. Again thanks for taking the time to write.
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

see jazz on Frenchman and skip Bourbon St at this great location. Don't expect a nice breakfast at the hotel but hey, thats why your in NOLA. AC was cold. Staff was friendly. Room was quiet. I would go back again for sure.

Room Tip: get a room in the back to buffer from the noise
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Well thank you so much for taking the time to write. Brevity truly is virtue, especially when it so succinct. Your comment are so appreciated. We look forward to seeing you again.
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2014

My boyfriend and I enjoyed every amenity the hotel had to offer. The room was charming - slightly small (deluxe queen) but enough for us. The hotel's location was its strong point; proximity to the French Quarter without the crowding of Bourbon street. Frenchman street had lots of great bars and venues. The staff were very friendly and helpful. RJ gave us suggestions for sights and activities which we thoroughly enjoyed. Our only real complaint was the quality of sleep. Due to the relatively small size and closeness of the units, the maids and general bustle in the morning were very audible from inside the room. The Wifi was also very poor in our room. This is very important for travelers, and should be improved if possible. Another suggestion for improvement would be including a little more organization in the rooms - starting with towel/coat hooks. All in all, we would absolutely return to this hotel again and have a favourable review of the hospitality.

Room Tip: Don't cheap out - pick a bigger one. They're small to begin with so it will make a differen...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Hoboboxer,

Thank you so much for writing. It is always appreciated. Your suggestions have been duly noted and will be taken under consideration. Thank you for that. We hope to see you again real soon.

Been to The Frenchmen Hotel? Share your experiences!