Our trio stayed at the Best Western Plus - St. Charles Inn at 3636 St. Charles Ave in New Orlean's Garden District. Our stay was the weekend of Halloween in the French Quarter, a music festival and other tourist events. We felt lucky to book here for $287/night. In "normal" times, $150/night would seem fair. The only remaining rooms in the French Quarter were $450+. The $100 rooms in nearby Gretna and Metairie had sold out.
Location was right on the St. Charles trolley line - immediately out front. The line runs 24 hours. We heard some "ding-ding-ding" of bells but it didn't prevent anyone from sleeping. There was a c-store/gas station handy. Restaurants are in the area, too. The HVAC equipment was located immediately outside the windows (good black-out curtains) of our corner room. Hardly a delightful view. The floors/stairs were a bit uneven and squeaky. There was a bit of mold on the bathroom ceiling. The bathroom window did open completely which was nice.
The room had a complete bathroom - and an extra sink just inside the door. There was a room safe, mini refrigerator and microwave. The TV remote claimed to have been sanitized. There was a work desk and light, which probably wouldn't be sufficient if you had a lot of paperwork to do.
Staff were busy - dealing with people with dogs and the near-homeless. Made me wonder if one group of them (rough-looking, soiled backpack, no bags) were being put up in the same hotel? Staff accommodated our early arrival by providing access to their free parking lot 5 hours before check-in time. The other freebie, breakfast, was far more than continental and plentiful: peppery fried potatoes, scrambled eggs - no Tabasco sauce or ketchup, yogurt bar with strawberries in syrup and blueberries, raisin bread, pastries, cinnamon rolls, coffee bar, apple juice, OJ, whole and 2% milk, PB, toast and jelly, fresh fruit (browning bananas), cereal bars to go, packets of hot chocolate and hot oatmeal. The Sunday morning newspaper, too.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus St. Charles Hotel New Orleans
- Best Western Plus St. Charles Hotel
- Best Western New Orleans
- New Orleans Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This charming New Orleans Garden District hotel is located on historic St. Charles Avenue and provides convenient access to the French Quarter, the Super Dome, The WWII Museum, and the Aquarium of the Americas. Situated in historic uptown New Orleans near the beautiful Garden District, the Hotel is an easy streetcar ride away from Audubon Zoo and is the closest hotel to Tulane and Loyola Universities. The BEST WESTERN PLUS St. Charles Inn is the ideal getaway destination.Enjoy convenient access to many local attractions when staying at this Louisiana hotel such as the New Orleans Art District, the French Quarter and several nearby museums. Hotel guests will also be close to a variety of outdoor activities such as biking, horseback riding, golf, hiking and fishing. Each of the 40 well-appointed guest rooms comes equipped with refrigerators, microwaves, cable television and wireless high-speed Internet access. Hotel guests are welcome to a complimentary deluxe continental breakfast each morning. Other hotel amenities include a state-of-the-art exercise facility, business center, and free parking. The BEST WESTERN PLUS St. Charles Inn is conveniently located directly on the streetcar line to provide convenient transportation to other areas of Louisiana. Take a ghost tour of some of the many historical cemeteries nearby or spend an afternoon in the City Park. Families especially will enjoy visiting the Audubon Park & Zoo or the Aquarium of the Americas. Both Tulane University and Loyola University are within one and a half miles of the hotel, making the BEST WESTERN PLUS St. Charles Inn ideal lodging for those visiting students. New Orleans also hosts a variety of events year round such as JazzFest, Mardi Gras and several major sporting events ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Best Western, Hotwire and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS St. Charles Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.