This place was a perfect spot due to its location. It was right in front of the trolley that you can take to the zoo or french quarter. It seems to be in a safe area we never once felt threatened. They have gated parking that only has 23 spots so get there early! We didn't and had to park around the corner at a hospital parking garage which they (Hotel) paid for. They have a restaurant right next door if you don't wanna go to far to grab a bite. They also have a wine bar a block away if that's your thing. The area is also very nice to take a stroll or go jogging down St. Charles. The room we stayed in wasn't very big, but fine just for us. They did have a microwave and mini fridge which helped us out. Beds were comfortable and the room was very clean no issues. The safe in the room got locked by my little girl and we didn't know the code to unlock it and we called the front desk and she came up to unlock it for us at 10:30 at night which I thought was very nice of her. The elevators were tiny, but fast. They had a awesome breakfast which was included in the hotel price which was very good with lots of variety eggs, sausage, toast, waffles, cereals and more. Lots of juices, coffee and milk. Kids really enjoyed it. I wouldn't hesitate recommending this hotel to anyone coming to visit New Orleans! Loved it!
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus St. Charles Hotel New Orleans
- Best Western Plus St. Charles Hotel
- Best Western New Orleans
- New Orleans Best Western
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This charming New Orleans Garden District hotel is located on historic St. Charles Avenue and provides convenient access to the French Quarter, the Super Dome, The WWII Museum, and the Aquarium of the Americas. Situated in historic uptown New Orleans near the beautiful Garden District, the Hotel is an easy streetcar ride away from Audubon Zoo and is the closest hotel to Tulane and Loyola Universities. The BEST WESTERN PLUS St. Charles Inn is the ideal getaway destination.Enjoy convenient access to many local attractions when staying at this Louisiana hotel such as the New Orleans Art District, the French Quarter and several nearby museums. Hotel guests will also be close to a variety of outdoor activities such as biking, horseback riding, golf, hiking and fishing. Each of the 40 well-appointed guest rooms comes equipped with refrigerators, microwaves, cable television and wireless high-speed Internet access. Hotel guests are welcome to a complimentary deluxe continental breakfast each morning. Other hotel amenities include a state-of-the-art exercise facility, business center, and free parking. The BEST WESTERN PLUS St. Charles Inn is conveniently located directly on the streetcar line to provide convenient transportation to other areas of Louisiana. Take a ghost tour of some of the many historical cemeteries nearby or spend an afternoon in the City Park. Families especially will enjoy visiting the Audubon Park & Zoo or the Aquarium of the Americas. Both Tulane University and Loyola University are within one and a half miles of the hotel, making the BEST WESTERN PLUS St. Charles Inn ideal lodging for those visiting students. New Orleans also hosts a variety of events year round such as JazzFest, Mardi Gras and several major sporting events ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Best Western, Tingo and Venere so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS St. Charles Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.