“Really enjoyed the Place D'Armes” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Place d'Armes Hotel

You added Place d'Armes Hotel to your Saves list
Place d'Armes Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   625 St Ann Street, New Orleans, LA 70116 (French Quarter)   |
Special Rate
$89 Weekday Rates
Ranked #33 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Amesbury, Massachusetts
“Really enjoyed the Place D'Armes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2005

We thought the Place D'Armes was a great place. We were there during the week, so we got a low rate from the Louisiana Welcome Center's reservation service. It was a good room, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom was fine. Had an inside room, so no view, but two doors down were two balconies - one looking on the garden, another towards popular Jackson Square. It was close to Bourbon St., close to the water, we could walk everywhere. We would definitely stay there again. We would rather stay here than one of the more generic big downtown hotels.

• Stayed March 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
St. Louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2005

If you want a nice historic quiet hotel, this is it. My Mom & I stayed here in 2001 for a few nights and really liked the old French Quarter charm to it. For those of you that what something affordable, close to Bourbon Street and quiet you'll love Place d'Armes. When my (now Husband) went on our first road trip together in Colorado we did not know we were going to spend the last leg of our trip in New Orleans. This Hotel made such an impression on me the first time, I found the number at a travel info stop about 2 hours away. Called them and got a room, and it was just as I remembered. Cute garden with pool, wonderful location. A true "French" hotel. You get what you pay for here, nothing more, nothing less. If you want something spotless & spectacular go to a five star and pay for it. If you want to do it Nawlins style then you're looking at the right hotel for the right price. We'll definately stay here everytime we visit.

• Stayed June 2002
Palm Beach County Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2005

My husband and I stayed here on our first ever trip to the Big Easy. From the Place D'Armes it's a VERY easy walk to EVERYTHING! It's location is right next to the famous Jackson Square where there is no shortage of characters (Fortune tellers, fire eaters, etc) For partyer's it's 1.5 blocks from Bourbon Street. The hotel is a group of buildings ranging from the 1700's to the early 1800's. It is also the site of the first New Orleans school. The courtyard is charming...with a pool and fountain. Breakfast every morning comes with the room and is served by a very helpful and very nice lady named Delores. The only complaint we had was some of the rooms are lacking a window. We called it our "Room without a View" Make sure to ask for a deluxe exterior room, and most of the time it's only a bit more.
We learned during a "Haunted Walking Tour" that the hotel is haunted... You can be a Ghost Buster! I did not see any ghosts however. When I return to New Orleans I will stay here again and recommend it to family and friends.

• Stayed August 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2005

I haven't been to New Orleans in years, and never dreamed I would be able to get a room right in the heart of the French Quarter without a reservation. Well, let me tell you, it was one of the many hightlights of our stayl My husband and I really got the flavor of being in New Orleans with the charming courtyard and all those beautiful flowers I absolutely loved it! Kudos to the staff and Mr. Valentino for being so friendly and accomodating., Of course, all this and such a wonderful rate too. What more can you ask for? I'm in love with New Orleans and Place d'Arms.
Janice and Noel Brown

Stayed March 2005
Long Beach, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2005

I don't often have the opportunity to send such thank you notes - but I wrote this one to the management:

"A huge THANK YOU to your oustanding staff. My husband and I spent just over a week with you and felt welcome and at home there.

The entire staff for, the front door. cleaning, breakfast - whereever and whoever couldn't have treated us better.

Itruest you take good care of them as you should - they are wonderful.

A special Thank You to Julie too!

My best,

Shelly

West Des Moines, Iowa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2005

We come from a midwest state, this was our first trip to New Orleans and we arrived by air to stay in the French Quarter district. We made reservations almost six weeks in advance for a room with king bed facing the courtyard to assure us quiet. We reviewed the web site for this hotel but made a reservation by phone. We would have liked a balcony courtyard room but were not informed that you had to request this in advance, not offered or mentioned on phone reservation call. We asked for balcony room after our first night, no accomodation. Our room was big, roomy with a sofa but not clean. I mean real clean! Our furniture had design ridges that were filled with accumulated dust. The carpet around the wall perimeter of the room had not been vacuumed recently. Faucet fixtures on vanity sink had grime around them; all the corners of bathroom floor were dirty and the molding along floor edge loaded with accumulated dust, dirt, and grime. Light globes above vanity sink loaded with dust/dirt, had not been cleaned in a long time. We are clean people so this was unacceptable and not fun to be exposed to. Since we were here for vacation we did not want to expend valuable time looking for other accomodations. We stayed here seven nights. The continental breakfast offered the same two rolls all week, no variation. No breakfast cereals, no donuts, no waffles. The pool was small so we did not use it and tables and chairs around the pool were in disarray many times. There was no mid afternoon or early evening cleanup as we decided to sit poolside later in an evening, and it appeared well used with towels around and dirty ashtrys. The hotel staff that we did have contact with were friendly people. The breakfast room attendant was great and had a clean kitchen. In our opinion the tourist trade appeared so consistantly heavy at this hotel that there is no incentive or time to have a cleaner facility. So we did not get our moneys worth.

Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2005

The Place d’ Armes Hotel is a fabulous accommodation located in the heart of the French Quarter. The hotel exudes old world New Orleans charm with classic French Quarter architecture, a lush courtyard, and a staff that exemplifies Southern hospitality. I strongly recommend booking early so you can reserve a courtyard room (some with and some without balconies) that provides comfortable and spacious accommodations overlooking the beautiful courtyard and pool. Though the rooms have small bathrooms the other accoutrements and furnishings make-up for the lack of bath space. An insider travelers tip is to pick-up a coupon book from the New Orleans travel and tourism office in the French Quarter where you’ll find a coupon for a Monday-Thursday $69 rate at the Place d’ Armes. However, you can still obtain a wonderful $89 rate (M-Th) even if you don’t have a coupon. The Place D’ Armes is the only place I’ll stay on future trips to New Orleans. Just steps from all of the sights and sounds of New Orleans makes this the perfect French Quarter stay.

Been to Place d'Armes Hotel? Share your experiences!