“Superb!!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Place d'Armes Hotel

You added Place d'Armes Hotel to your Saves list
Place d'Armes Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   625 St Ann Street, New Orleans, LA 70116 (French Quarter)   |
Special Rate
$89 Weekday Rates
Ranked #33 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Navarre, Florida
“Superb!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2004

I visit New Orleans once a month and I must say Place d Armes is best hotel in the French Quarter. In the past I have stayed at many other different hotels and Place d Armes has the best service, continential breakfast (fresh), reservationist (thanks Jeff), and all around superb hospitality. I will not stay anywhere else! Thanks Place d Armes!!

• Stayed January 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (418)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2004

Place d'Armes Hotel in New Orleans is next to Jackson Square Park in the French Quarter. The hotel is preferectly located to be able to enjoy all that New Orleans has to offer. The hotel has lovely rooms and a central court garden with a swimming pool. Continental breakfast is available, and the staff are a perfect example of Southern hospility. I would return to Place d'Armes with out hesitation.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2004

I recently stayed at the Place d' Armes Hotel in the French Quarter. The location, service and staff are excellent. It's a wonderful place to experience "Southern Hospitality."

San Antonio, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2004

Old, nasty room...#222....Wasn't ready at check in time....Smelled very bad... Just a very bad experience

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2004

NEVER book with this hotel!!! Or any of the other Valentino Hotels! Save yourself the ache in your wallet and go anywhere else! I originally booked with this hotel and then inquired about their sister hotel, St. Marie, which didn't have the room I wanted, so I told the operator to cancel all rooms. I called back the next day just to make sure that I was cancelled. Both operators said there was NO CHARGE. I should have gotten the cancellation number, because they charged me for a no-show!!! Over a hundred dollars! I just talked to the manager, who says that "his records indicate that I never cancelled". These people are crooks. DO NOT go to any Valentino hotels!!!

, Owner / Managing Partner at Place d'Armes Hotel, responded to this review, September 16, 2004
Our cancellation policy is fair and clear - our records are excellent. Certainly mistakes can be made, but our investigation of this matter does not indicate that any errors were made by our staff.
The reservation was made and guaranteed by a credit card. The reservations was not cancelled.

The hotel suffered a loss of revenue as a result of the non-cancelled no-show. Simple. Clear. To assert that we are "crooks" for enforcing a fair, clear, well-documented policy is unwarranted.
We are sorry for this matter, but maintain our position based on our investigation and on our records.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2004

The only way you can stand this hotel is if you have a room with a window facing the courtyard. And the only way you will get that room is if you pay the top asking price! Absolutely do not get stuck in a room with no windows. They are disgusting and full of mold. My entire ceiling was green and black with mold and it was growing out of the vents. I told the front desk that a must move for health reasons and they were not able to accommodate me until the next day. I then moved to a fabulous room overlooking the courtyard. Simply NOT WORTH THE RISK. This place is great if you have a window...a nightmare if you don't.

Been to Place d'Armes Hotel? Share your experiences!