“What a Great Find in a Great, Fun Filled City !!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Place d'Armes Hotel

Save Saved
You added Place d'Armes Hotel to your Saves list
Place d'Armes Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   625 St Ann Street, New Orleans, LA 70116 (French Quarter)   |
Special Rate
Weekday Rates from $89
Ranked #34 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Lake Wylie, South Carolina
“What a Great Find in a Great, Fun Filled City !!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We have not been to New Orleans since before Katrina, so I, of course, searched Trip Advisor to find a hotel and settled on the Place d Armes hotel and we are so glad that we did. The hotel is well located in the French Quarter, with excellent parking. It is an very old building with real gas wall lights outside and so nice. It is maybe 1/2 block from Jackson Square, another block to Cafe du Monte and the river front. You are also just 2 blocks off Bourbon Street, so it is a great location. As I mentioned, the building is truly old, but in great repair, with a beautiful courtyard with a pool. They have plenty of free coffee in the morning with a variety of rolls, muffins and orange juice, along with a free local paper. Our room is a king size on the front of the hotel with a balcony on St Ann Street. We were amazing how much the glass door and drape eliminated the street sound, so it was the best of both worlds. The bath is modern and spacious, our king bed was very comfortable and the TV worked great, with plenty of channels, along with the included wireless. The staff, from the front desk, to the bell man, to those serving the morning coffee and rolls is excellent, friendly and ready to help you with your needs. If I return to New Orleans, I would not think of another hotel for this one is excellent.

Room Tip: Read Trip Advisor for the comments of others that have stayed here
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

1,518 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
Twin Lakes, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Hadn't stayed here since Katrina, so it was wonderful to be back. Great location in the Quarter and within walking distance of the entire quarter. Service is excellent and the breakfast is very good. Just make sure you aren't in room 104 as it is right next to breakfast area and is very noisy and has a very musty smell. The courtyard rooms are really nice and it is like stepping back in time sitting in the courtyard.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room in the courtyard.
Whitewater, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

I had a great stay at this hotel. The balcony provided a great view of the quarter. Hotel amenities were fine. The room was clean, the bed comfortable and the service solid. I would absolutely stay here again as the location is perfect!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

We needed a place to stay for Thursday night, as we arrived the day before a conference with hotel. This was perfect for our needs, as it was at a reasonable rate. Being our first time in New Orleans, the location is perfect, right in the heart of the French Quarter. It would've been hard to find a better location without the noise of Bourbon St.

The hotel itself is cool, exactly what you expect for a French Quarter hotel. It's pretty old but well maintained, and you enter your room through the large courtyard in the middle. The room itself wasn't all that great, maybe a bit musty but we weren't deterred. It was definitely bigger than your typical chain or boutique hotels so that's a plus.

There was also a complimentary breakfast with European style pastries, bagels, and jus. I'd come back.

pontoon beach, il
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

Our regular "chick trip" to New Orleans would not be complete without a stay at the Place d'Armes! Our interior rooms are quiet, clean and well appointed. Almost all the staff is amazing. The Bell Captans are the best! The staff welcomes us back and offers us wonderful advice about bars, restaurants and transportation. Best location ever!

Room Tip: We like the quiet interior rooms!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
South Plainfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

What else can I say that hasn't already been said in the other reviews! We stopped at the Louisiana Welcome Center on our way into New Orleans. We were only planning on a day trip but the woman at the desk told us that the hotels that have rooms to get rid of that day fax over special rates in the morning. Well, she suggested this hotel and the rate was too good to pass up! When we arrived at the hotel, we had garaged, valet parking and it was free. Most hotels in the area charge $10.00 and street parking is impossible in the French Quarter. The courtyard was like something out of a fairytale!! I grabbed my laptop and camera in the evening and sat at the wrought iron table admiring the view and the serenity of the courtyard. Next thing I knew it was 6am! The hotel is close to everything including a bus stop for the on-off sightseeing bus tour. Look for coupons online and in the brochures in the lobby. There are coupons for everything. When you mention you are on the bus tour, most of the merchants will give you 25% off your purchases! This alone is worth it.
This hotel is amazing and a true taste of New Orleans! I highly recommend this hotel. We had an inner room which was fine and I got the first full nights sleep I've had in years. The courtyard balcony rooms are very nice and I will try one of these rooms next time. Inner or outer, it doesn't matter. This boutique hotel is everything and more you could wish for!

Room Tip: The courtyard rooms have a beautiful balcony with table and chairs overlooking the courtyard but the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

How close can you be to Burbon Street and still have a wonderful "quite" hotel courtyard? This is just the place for you. This was my second trip to New Orleans and both times I stayed at this hotel (thank goodness for my girlfriend who told me all about it!) The room we stayed in was an INSIDE room - which is windowless - however quite nice. The bed was truly comfortable - AND I didn't toss and turn the first night (which happens quite often when I am at a hotel) and I couldn't ask for a better location. 1 Block away from Burbon Street - 2 Blocks from the French Market - AND THAT COURTYARD . . . Great. It encompasses all that is great about the French Quarter - the staff were so helpful - they made suggestions - they welcomed us back (yes - two of the staff remembered us from our previous visit) - what more can you say. When I needed to rent a wheelchair they got me all the information I needed - and took excellent care of us. The pool is shaded and very inviting. There is a continental breakfast and it is a nice way to start your day. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Place d'Armes Hotel? Share your experiences!