“Wonderful stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Place d'Armes Hotel

Save Saved
You added Place d'Armes Hotel to your Saves list
Place d'Armes Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   625 St Ann Street, New Orleans, LA 70116 (French Quarter)   |
Special Rate
$89 Weekday Rates
Ranked #35 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
NY, NY
“Wonderful stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

DH and I stayed at this hotel from 12/1 to 12/8/12. The hotel style is very much NOLA. We found the employees to be very helpful and nice. Our room was #124 in one of the back buildings. The courtyard was right out our door. We were told it was the old "slave" quarters. The room was good sized. The bed was ok. I liked the fact that the sink and hair dryer were outside of the bathroom because I could be drying my hair while DH was showering.

The hotel is very centrally located in the FQ right off Jackson Square. It's two blocks to Bourbon St. Close to the river and an easy walk to the French Market and the Riverwalk Street Car line. Muriel's is right there.

The hotel is nice and very NOLA. It could use a little sprucing up. It is not upscale if that is what you are looking for. We had a great stay. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: This hotel consists of 4 buildings surrounding a commom court yard. The main buiding has an elevato...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

1,531 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (365)
Plano, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Have stayed here the past few years and love the location. Hotel was fairly quiet while we were there even though they were booked. The only real complaint that we have is the front desk. Three different women on different shifts and all were rude. The first one who should have greeted us when we first arrived only wanted to know our last name and wanted our credit card. No hello, no welcome, and we were the only ones in the lobby. Don't expect much there. On the other hand, the bellman were very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: The street rooms with a balcony.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Rancho Santa Margarita, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

My husband and I spent a week in New Orleans and spent the last 2 nights at Place d'Armes Hotel. We absolutely loved the location. It is basically in Jackson Square so it's central to everything. It made walking to each end of the quarter a breeze. We went to see Jazz in the Park one Thursday in Armstrong Park and it was straight up the street from the hotel. Super easy.

We had an interior room w/no windows. This was not a problem for us for two nights, but if we come back, I'll pay for a room with a window. Even the interior rooms offer access to a shared balcony overlooking Jackson Square. The room was nice and we liked the high ceilings. The bed was not as good as the previous hotel, but not terrible.

The only thing I didn't like about the room, and the only reason I would not get an interior room again was that there was little to no room to walk by one side of the bed. There was not enough room for a bedside table. I turned a trashcan upside down next to the bed to put my phone charger and glasses next to me at night. Also, it was such a tight squeeze to walk by that I stubbed my toes on the bedframe and the door to the bathroom that is wedged between the wall and the bed.

The rest of the room is a standard hotel room with an amazing location and gorgeous courtyard. I heard the sound of the curch bells in the morning and it made me smile to know it was right outside my door. Makes you know you're in Jackson Square.

We didn't have the continential breakfast because we were in New Orleans, ya know? We had one breakfast at Stanley! restaurant next door and it was crazy good.

We're already looking at dates to return! (We stayed November 8-9, 2012.)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

This is such a beautiful hotel! The courtyard is a perfect place to relax. The location is perfect - right in the heart of the French Quarter, but that also means that it is loud. I read other reviews that said it wasn't bad. I disagree with that but would still stay here. Maybe a courtyard facing room would be quieter. But really, this is a great place to stay!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

We have just spent a great 8 nights at the Place d'Armes Hotel, the location is very central just off Jackson Square and only 2 blocks away from the high life of Bourbon Street. When we arrived we did not get the room we expected ie no wireless Internet but the staff were very helpful and moved us as soon as possible on our third day. We would definitely stay there again.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Fairhope, Alabama
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I have stayed at Place d'Armes previously and just spent last night there. The place is in need of a total renovation. I went out early this morning to the Cafe du Monde and had to step over drunks sleeping on the sidewalks in the vicinity of the hotel. The room was very shop worn and I will not stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Phoenix
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

This was my first trip to the French Quarter, the front desk staff at this hotel are awful! Ciara and Dionne act like they should be paid for sitting there and doing nothing! Ciara was too busy in the back room or playing on her cell phone to be bothered with customers, and when asked a question, she gave a snotty response; Dionne wouldn't answer direct questions - we had to ask multiple times to get a direct answer; The Bellman service was excellent and the location was great too. But this place is like a Motel6 and doesn't warrant the prices charged. I would not recomment this place!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Place d'Armes Hotel? Share your experiences!