“Fantastic help from employees at the front desk...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Place d'Armes Hotel

You added Place d'Armes Hotel to your Saves list
Place d'Armes Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   625 St Ann Street, New Orleans, LA 70116 (French Quarter)   |
Special Rate
$89 Weekday Rates
Ranked #33 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Tualatin, Oregon
“Fantastic help from employees at the front desk...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

I stayed at the Place D' Armes in 2009 and am excited to be returning soon. Wonderful location (cannot be beat...near everything), charming rooms and beautiful courtyards. After difficulty with the general reservations reps for my upcoming trip (were not initially helpful), Lenny, the Director of Sales stepped in. He returned my message of complaint immediately and was very helpful. Lyn and Ryan at the Place D' Armes were fantastic and answered all of my questions easily. Thank you Lyn and Ryan for all of your help. People like you are what makes the Place D' Armes one of my favorite hotels. Highly recommend!

Room Tip: Balcony and Courtyard rooms are great. Interior rooms have no windows. The front desk staff is ver...
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (419)
pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

we visited nola first time last wk sept 2011 and found it to be an excellent choice both as a hotel and a great location for for just about everything! the staff was excellent and thanks to Carlos for some tips and info on the city when we return this will be our hotel for sure!
the building and courtyard are very nice also its close to jackson square my only advice is our room 129 was street level with lots of early morning truck noise other than that very private

Little Rock, Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2011

My husband and I stayed there this year for the first time but it will not be our last. When were first arrived we were given a 3rd floor balcony room that looked nothing like the pictures shown on the hotels website. It was a very small room with a very small balcony. I called the front desk and told them we were not pleased with the room and would like a 2nd floor room, they moved us and we could not have been happier. There was a world of difference in the size of the two rooms, even though they were the same rate. Loved the cozy feel of the hotel, the courtyard was beautiful.

Room Tip: Select 2nd floor balcony room rather than a 3rd floor room.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2011 via mobile

This was my first trip to NOLA with my husband so we nothing to compare it to but I believe we couldn't be much happier with our experience. Upon arrival to the parking ramp, they were very helpful and Mario took our luggage and we were greeted very warmly by front desk staff. We were brought to our room 124 facing the smaller courtyard area. Room very clean and comfortable. Yes its dated but its a historical hotel! That is what we were looking for and yes there was a very slight musty odor but it is to be expected when staying in a hot humid part of the country.

We heard it was haunted but really had no experiences besides a few unexplained knocking sounds. The location couldn't be better because you are so close to Bourbon st. and Jackson square but its quiet enough to get needed sleep and relaxation! We parked our car the whole time and were able to walk to any place we wanted to go. Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed September 2011
Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

My husband and I stayed here September 2011 for one week in an interior room (no windows) on the second floor.

The hotel was in the perfect location where we could walk to museums, shops, bars, and restaurants during our stay. The amenities were very nice. We enjoyed our room; though it was small it was comfortable. Everything seemed updated but kept in a modern sort of the period style. The courtyard was beautiful and provided a nice, quiet refuge in the middle of the French Quarter. We were amazing that despite the partying up the street the courtyard was quiet and peaceful.

My only criticisms would be the shower head that lacked any and all pressure and one of the front desk persons. The woman who checked us in was what I would refer to as less than friendly. While we were waiting in the lobby we witnessed her being much nicer to the older guests who were checking in and felt some-what put off. Also, just be aware if you plan to park a vehicle at the hotel the rate is around $23 per day but the valets were helpful, expedient, and careful (no damages) and it allowed for unlimited in-and-out service.

All in all we greatly enjoyed our stay and would definitely return.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

I have stayed here approximately five times and will probably never switch. I'm not real fond of the generic interior rooms, but their balcony untis are really cool. For a long time I never realized that their hotel actually extends around the corner, and out onto Chartres St. I picked up a balcony room facing Chartres (during the week) for about $95. This section of Place d'Armes are converted 1830's townhomes with 15' ceilings and old brick fire places (non-functional, but still very cool touch.) The location can't be beat either. From my balcony I can hear the steam boats sound-off as the night fog rolls-in, can even see the profile of St.Louis Cathedral 1/2 a block down as well as all of the various fortune tellers plying their trade from behind little candel-lit tables set up in Jackson Square. At night, the hotel's central courtyard is one truly beautiful sight. I also love the fact that this place is situated in a quiet residential section of the Quarter. Whenever I felt the need for an occational dose of the wild and crazy, it's merely a two block stroll to Bourbon. It's also only a couple of blocks from the Community Signature Coffee Shop and Croissant D'or... Uhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmm. :) December can't come quick enough. lol

Room Tip: Pay extra and get a balcony room. It's well worth the money. They are in a completely differen...
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2011

This hotel is in a great spot. Quiet but close enough to the action and the Cafe Du Monde. Beautiful Courtyard. My only complaint was the bed. They really need to upgrade the mattresses.

Room Tip: Pay the extra amount to have a private balcony. It's really cool.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Place d'Armes Hotel? Share your experiences!