“Perfect Location...great value” 4 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans

You added JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans to your Saves list
JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   614 Canal St, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Le Meridien Hotel) (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Englewood, New Jersey
“Perfect Location...great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

Traveled to the area with 3 of my girlfriends for the annual Essence Music Festival over the 4th of July weekend. The hotel was in a perfect location, close to everything....shopping and sightseeing within walking distance!
Hotel staff was professional, prompt and accomodating. Hotel was clean and comfortable. A little pricey, but that was due to the events/festival that was taking place that weekend. Hotel was the perfect location, but tucked away enough to avoid the rush of noise from the surrounding areas. Would stay here again and definitely recommend to other travelers.

Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Indonesian first
Tampa, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

I recently returned from a trip to New Orleans and stayed at this hotel. The hotel staff was phenomenal and the hotel itself is beautiful. I stayed on the 25th floor with a corner view and it was great! The hotel amenities are nice and I absolutely loved the fitness center and pool area. I will definitely be returning back to this hotel during my next visit to New Orleans!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
High Desert, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

Stayed at the JW Marriott for four days. The hotel was wonderful. The room was exceptionally clean (I'm very picky when it comes to cleanliness). Rented a car and used the valet parking. Was very impressed with the parking staff. They knew my name when I came for my car. They were extremely nice and made us feel so welcomed.
After touring all day, when I came back to the hotel every night, I was glad I chose the JW Marriott. Won't stay anywhere else from now on.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2010

This is a great base for exploring the French Quarter. If you want to be right near the Quarter, but still be able to get a great night's sleep - this is THE place to stay. There are great hotels right within the Quarter. However, in many of these you will hear a lot of street noise throughout the night.

The J.W. does not have the old-world ambience of the hotels in the quarter. it is a "modern" hotel. But if you are mostly looking just to sleep in your hotel, and otherwise will be out and about, this is the way to go. The place is very clean, extremely quiet, and ideally located.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Plano, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2010

.I'm a Platinum member which means I travel and stay at Marriott 75 nights or more per year. What did I get? An old room. Yes, they are renovating this hotel...but why stick me in a room that felt like a trip to the 1980s? The room had a musty smell to it and I could hear my neighbors very well.

The pool is tiny and filthy dirty. I mean filthy. There is a ring of mildew and scum around the pool. Stay away from the pool.

The workout room is very nice.

I can't comment on anything else...other to say their service is below Marriott's standard. I had to get my own luggage out of the trunk at Valet and nobody offered me help with luggage

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Boston, Ma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2010

Worst experience with a hotel that I've ever had. I booked a room for June way back in April. First they lost my money and said they had no room. I have been fighting with them for the past few months trying to get it straightened out. It is now mere weeks before I am headed down there and it still isn't in order. Management it absolutely terrible. The people answering the phone were incredibly rude. You couldn't pay me enough to go through all this trouble again with this hotel. DON'T BOOK HERE!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
New York City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2010

I spent a long Memorial Weekend solo in NOLA. I'm part of that group of travelers that prefer the large chains to the boutique hotels. What some travelers might call "cookie cutter" hotels means "clean & consistant comfort" to me. Furthermore, the employees of the hotel put in the extra effort to make your stay more relaxing and enjoyable. EXAMPLE: While having breakfast in the hotel, I saw a CHEF (not a waiter/waitress)personally serve food to an elderly couple, making sure that the meal met their special dietary concerns. Over the weekend I witnessed several events of this type. Everybody knows that the JW has a great location and is beautifully (modern) decorated, but their concern for customers puts them on top of my list of favorite places to stay. While dining at Shula's Restaurant in the hotel (great food!), I met Donna Brown, the Operations Manager of the JW property. She exuded energy and pride while talking about her worker's committment to excellence. I felt good just listening her her, because her committment to excellence is a committment to ME! I'm going back to NOLA in a few months and I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo

Been to JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans? Share your experiences!