“Near the French Quarter!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans

You added JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans to your Saves list
JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   614 Canal St, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Le Meridien Hotel) (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Double Rewards Points!
Ranked #39 of 156 Hotels in New Orleans
Liberty, Missouri
“Near the French Quarter!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This hotel was very near the French Quarter. I loved the concierge club, I only went for breakfast, but it was wonderful. The room was nicely appointed, however for a corner King room, the room was a little smaller than I expected. However, it did have all the room that we really needed and was very clean! We had free wifi due to my status with Marriott.

• Stayed August 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
  • Indonesian first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Great experience at this location. The staff was extremely welcoming, courteous and helpful. In particular the doorman Paul was polite and truly accommodating. We also had a great experience with Sandra and Demi who noticed we were in town for a special occasion and surprised us with complimentary champagne and sweets. All in all a great location!

• Stayed August 2015, traveled with friends
Newington, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed at the JW Marriott because I have just found Marriot to always meet or exceed my expectations. Although breakfast at the in house grill was pricey and the service was sub par for the Marriot the food was fantastic.
Our room was adequate for the short stay we had or we would have requested a larger room if staying any longer.
I would like to add that Isabella in concierge Lisa at the front desk and Tim the bell hope were AMAZING! Isabella and Lisa went beyond what we were expecting.

• Stayed August 2015, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This JW is in the perfect location to walk to the French Quarter or Bourbon Street area. The room was spacious and clean, and the bed was very comfortable. Free Wifi, and the in-room coffee was some of the best I have had (they also give you yummy cookies with the coffee!). I did enjoy the room service breakfast that you can fill out and place on your door handle the night before. This saved me time and made my morning commute much smoother. The hotel also offered a mini-market with medicine, sodas, etc if needed in the lobby. The roof-top pool was very refreshing. I did not try the spa because I found the staff to be rude when I inquired about pricing. This is not JW fault; the spa is in the same building but not associated with the Marriott. There was also delicious juice in the lobby, and free bottled waters at the entrance which was greatly appreciated after coming in from the the hot weather. The hotel was hosting two conventions and what seemed like three weddings all at the same time. I was very impressed with the staff's ability to accommodate all of these large groups with great service and accommodation.
The only reason I gave 4 instead of 5 stars was because my safe was broken. The concierge sent people to fix the safe, but it took them 3days to get it actually fixed/finally replaced. The concierge was very apologetic and gave me a coupon to the lobby bar to make up for it, but I never had time to use it!
I came to New Orleans for a business conference and this was about a 15minute walk to the convention center. It's also a 5minute walk to the casino. The street cars run up/down Canal Street, but I found it more enjoyable to walk everywhere and see the sights. Definitely make time for yourself to walk over to the nearby Ruby Slipper Cafe for breakfast when you go! I love NOLA and will definitely consider staying here again. Overall great experience!

Room Tip: You have a great view of the city with the high floors
  • Stayed June 2015, traveled on business
OpsManager70130, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans, responded to this review, yesterday
Amber R,

What a pleasure it was to read about your truly exceptional stay at the JW Marriott New Orleans. We are thrilled that you loved your stay from our luxurious amenities on-site and our perfect location to our attention to detail. We are sorry to hear about the delay in fixing your safe and we hope it did not inconvenience you in any way. We appreciate you filling us in. Thank you for your generous review and we hope to host you again very soon.

Ted Selogie
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We have been to New Orleans a few times. We had a great time, staff was incredibly friendly and very helpful. We had an issue with the room next door and security handled it immediately. Gym was well equipped. Room was nice and clean. Would absolutely come back.

Stayed August 2015, traveled as a couple
OpsManager70130, Director of Operations at JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans, responded to this review, yesterday
Anne J,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your review. It is great to hear that you found our staff helpful, out fitness center well-equipped and our guest rooms exceptional. We are sorry to hear that you had an issue with the room next to you but we are happy to hear that our team was able to respond quickly and efficiently for you. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Cole Wallace
Director of Operations
Memphis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

it was an ok stay. Nothing really to rave about but it was a nice clean hotel. they were in the middle of some construction that was an inconvenience to us. They should have told us this before we locked in our reservations. No real issues.

Stayed August 2015, traveled as a couple
OpsManager70130, Director of Operations at JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Richard W.,

Thank you your valuable feedback related to the improvements taking place in our hotel. We are sure that once all of the upgrades are completed, we are sure that we will be able to provide an experience for you that is more than just ok. We strive to provide a flawless experience and look forward to the opportunity to provide that to you upon your return to New Orleans.

Cole Wallace
Director of Operations
Bethesda, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

This hotel is in a great location and I loved how easy it was to walk to many different attractions in the city from here. When we first arrived (a bit early) - they didn't have the king room we had reserved available. They offered to put us in a room with two queens. We figured that would be okay and went up to the room. Walked in to a TINY room with two double beds. No way were these queen size. I said - I don't think we can do this. Went back down and explained that we would prefer to wait for our original room that I paid extra for. They were very nice about it and stored our luggage while we went out to get lunch. The king corner room was worth it and had a great view. The next problem was the group of bachelorette girls on our floor the next night. They were screaming in the halls, banging doors and continually knocked on our door mistaking it for a friends. This was at 6pm at night. I called the front desk and explained the issue. They immediately sent security up to deal with the issue and told me to call them back if it continued. We went out an hour later and when we came back at 2am - no noise. Huge relief. The next morning it started again with the knocking on our door, etc. but at this point we were checking out in a few hours anyway. I noticed on our printed bill they had given us a credit of $150. When I asked the front desk they said it was for the noise issue. This was above and beyond and totally unexpected. They were very professional in how they handled this issue and it's appreciated. I will definitely stay here again when I am visiting.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
OpsManager70130, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear ajt4,

What a pleasure it was to read about your truly exceptional stay with us. We are so glad that you loved our ideal location, beautiful guest rooms and proactive service. Thank you for filling us in about our team going above and beyond to ensure that your stay was comfortable and enjoyable in every way. We are so glad they were able to resolve everything to your satisfaction. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back next time.

Ted Selogie