“Consistent Good Experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans

You added JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans to your Saves list
JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   614 Canal St, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Le Meridien Hotel) (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights & Save 15%
Ranked #38 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Santa Fe, Texas
“Consistent Good Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Spent a weekend here with my wife, for a short mini-vacation. It wasn't my first time at this hotel, but every time has been consistently nice. From the initial valet, to the experienced door man, to the check-in and check-out service, and the assistance from the door man & valet when we left, everyone was professional, cheerful and a pleasure to deal with. We had a corner room facing the Sheraton Hotel, with a view of the river. The room was clean, had both a safe and refrigerator, and plenty of towels. The hotel is remodeling their elevators, so sometimes the waits were longer than normal, but this wasn't an inconvenience. I look forward to staying with them again.

• Stayed August 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (373)
  • Indonesian first
Atlanta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I arrived at this hotel with high expectations. I have stayed at many JW Marriotts and I don't mind spending a little money on luxury. My wife and I was greeted by Paul the door man and he was super friendly and professional. Sadly, the room we stayed in was not cleaned thoroughly by housekeeping. The room was not vacuumed, hair was still in the tub and the sheets on the bed needed to be replaced. The staff was prompt in addressing this situation and re cleaned the room immediately. The first desk lady was apologetic and explained that they have been at capacity all week and the housekeeping department had been overloaded. This is still no excuse for shabby work. If it was not for Paul and his good service I would have given this hotel one star.

• Stayed August 2015, traveled as a couple
Stewartsville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

As you see in a lot of the other reviews this is a great hotel. It is walking distance to Bourbon Street where all the action is, but on Canal Street so not noisy at night.

The rooms are very comfortable with all of the normal Marriott amenities. Refrigerator in the room is quite helpful for saving leftovers and having snacks.

We ordered room service and the food was great (if a little pricey,but it's room service). We are Elite members so used the Executive Lounge for breakfast. A wonderful spread, eggs, bacon, sausage, grits (best I've had), made to order omelette and anything else you might want for breakfast they have it.

The staff goes out of the way to make sure you have what you need, super friendly and upbeat.

Although we were here for the French Quarter, seems like a great place to stay if you are here on business so that you have the choice of doing Bourbon Street or eating at the hotel.

Nice size fitness room - the TVs on the treadmills aren't the most up-to-date.

As an Elite member I get free wifi, otherwise it was I think $5 a day. Do not understand why the higher priced hotels make you pay for wifi.

Greatly enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled as a couple
Albany, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We spent 2 nights at the JW Marriott. Originally, my husband wanted to stay at a smaller hotel right in the French Quarter, but I am a Marriott fan and elite member, and like the concierge option and maintaining my elite status.

We were not disappointed at all. It's a great property and just on the fringe of the French Quarter. We did not have a car while in town and did not need one (except for a cab ride when our daughter wanted to go shopping farther away on Magazine Street). Walking too and from the French Quarter was a breeze - even in the July heat.

The hotel itself is lovely. It always smelled good. Had nice fruit infused water available in the lobby. Staff were top notch from check in - to door staff - to concierge lounge/restaurant staff. While we were there the concierge lounge was in the restaurant, but I believe it has since moved to the 3rd floor. We had breakfast there one day, and dinner another. The food was very good, and although the evening meal may not necessarily be geared toward a full dinner, there was plenty to eat to fill us up.

The rooms may not be the fanciest of JW Marriott rooms, but they were still just fine. Comfy beds.

I would not hesitate to stay again!

• Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
OpsManager70130, Director of Operations at JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear jdmaz,

We are so delighted that you were not disappointed in your stay at the JW Marriott New Orleans. It is such a pleasure to hear that you loved our French Quarter location, incredibly sophisticated and refreshing atmosphere and first-class staff. We are also very pleased that you enjoyed your dining experiences with us as well. Thank you for your valuable feedback and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

This is my second stay at the JW Marriott. Can beet the location. Right on canal and just steps from Burboun St. The staff is friendly. Only issue we had during this stay was the air conditioning went out in the guest rooms. It was not on when I checked in. I was told it would be on within the hour. I left for dinner and returned around 11 pm and it was still out. Concierge was helpful and delivered a box fan to my room. This was the only way I was able to get thru the night. I know some guests changed hotels. It was resolved by morning, but on a humid summer night in the south, this is the worst thing that can happen in a hotel. The desk attendant did give me a room credit to go have a couple drinks at the bar when I checked in which was nice. It was cool on the main level, so it was a little escape.

Oh, the pool was out of service during my stay too. I hadn't packed a bathing suit so it didn't bother me but some others were disappointed, especially given we had no air in our rooms.

Otherwise my stay was good.

Stayed July 2015
OpsManager70130, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear J. Denise P,

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to fill us in on your recent experience at our hotel. Thank you for coming back to see us for a second visit. While we are thrilled that you love our fantastic location and friendly staff, we are sorry to hear about the air conditioning during your stay. We always want each and every guest to experience a completely comfortable stay in every way and we are disappointed that we were not able to deliver that for you. Thank you for your patience and we hope to have the opportunity to provide you with a seamless stay soon.

Ted Selogie
Tuscaloosa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We stayed at JW Marriott in New Orleans in the hot, hot July weather. The main lobby had a dispenser of flavored water and the auto lobby had a cooler of bottled water for guests. The hotel is directly across Canal Street from the French Quarter. We walked everywhere we wanted to go, and when we returned to the hotel, we appreciated that water in the lobby!

The staff were all helpful and the rooms were comfortable.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled with family
OpsManager70130, Director of Operations at JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear LouiseTuscaloosa,

What a delight it was to read about your truly exceptional stay with us on Canal Street. We love hearing how much you enjoyed our refreshments in the lobby, comfortable guest rooms and helpful staff. We are so glad that you were able to get around by foot to explore the city due to our central location. Thank you for your review and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Bessemer, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Awesome customer service at every level. Paul, the doorman, is awesome. He is a welcoming presence on arrival and keeps you smiling at check-out. The bellman who brought my luggage down at checkout delivered my car when it appeared valet was over extended. Delicious food. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled with friends
Dear Minnie 71334,

We could not be happier to hear about your wonderful experience at our hotel. From our exceptional staff to our delicious dining on-site, it sounds like you truly loved your stay. We appreciate you letting us know about Paul's notable service as well. We always love hearing when a member of our team stands out to our guests as being exceptionally welcoming. We are already looking forward to your next visit.