“JW Marriott NOLA” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans

You added JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans to your Saves list
JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   614 Canal St, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Le Meridien Hotel) (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #25 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
“JW Marriott NOLA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Great hotel !
It's all about the people - what a amazing staff
From Elizabeth ( the front desk manager ) to George at the bar what a great team.
They are truly the gold standard of Marriott customer service always going above and beyond

thanks from a 20 year Marriott Platinum member

Scott

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
OpsManager70130, Director of Operations at JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear tymike,

Thank you for your feedback! It is always a delight to read about our guests' experiences with our outstanding staff and we couldn't be prouder. Our luxury service truly sets us apart from other hotels and we are honored to be your hosts during your business visits to New Orleans.We also would like to thank you for your 20 years of loyalty to the Marriott brand and we are very grateful for the opportunity to be of service to you.

JW Marriott New Orleans

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Indonesian first
Killeen, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed on July 9 to 10th 2014. We had an excellent room on the 24th floor with a very first person we encountered at the hotel was in valet and he was extremely nice and helpful. The young woman at check in was very polite but with an effervescent personality.
However; the older woman working the concierge desk was quite dismissive of both the employees and any guest who seemed "below" her. It was very disconcerting to be treated in such a way. While she was not overtly rude my children and I felt very uncomfortable as she kept staring at us every few minutes while we were waiting in the lobby( first to check in then just to speak with the porter about our bags.) To the point that my oldest who is 14 said "I guess she doesn't feel like we belong here."
A 14yr old young woman should never be made to feel like she doesn't belong. While our family is by no means rich we are comfortable enough to travel extensively by living modestly and in all of our stays from NYC, Boston, Dallas..etc never have I seen a concierge act like that. Usually they are the one person to help you with anything you may need going above and beyond to make you comfortable. The worst part was it was my youngest child's birthday and the JW was were she wanted to stay.
We did however meet the nicest employee shortly after our unpleasant encounter at the front desk area and his name is Raymond. He was polite, extremely helpful, and made my children and I feel very welcome in the hotel. He gave us great suggestions of where to go for breakfast and lunch the next day and was spot on telling us that the room service was very good. (We did order that for dinner and the food was great and the same cost as ordering from a number of restaurants in the Quarter and the best part was eating in P.Js)

The next morning we ran into the same woman and again she was less than pleasant. My sincere suggestion to management would be to promote Raymond and while that woman may be an effective employee her forte may not be in personal relations and she may be better off behind the scenes.

• Stayed July 2014
OpsManager70130, Director of Operations at JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Lovestotravellots,

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent trip to the JW Marriott and had a great interaction with Raymond. We will definitely pass on your great comments about his suggestions for dining, especially since you had an opportunity to experience an outstanding meal in your guestroom from In Room Dining. On the other hand, please accept my apology regarding how you felt you were treated by our concierge. Your feedback is invaluable and we will insure that all guest feel welcomed and at home when they choose our hotel. We would love a return visit from you to our hotel and allow an opportunity to be of service to you and your family.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

My recent stay at the JW Marriott was excellent! From Paul the doorman, to Craig the front desk manager & staff, along with George the bartender made my stay a great experiences! This hotel staff is the most friendliness group of people! Keep those smiles going JW Marriott Staff!

• Stayed July 2014
OpsManager70130, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Kathy,

What wonderful feedback to read! We certainly will keep on smiling, especially when we tell George, Paul and Craig about your compliments. We deeply appreciate the time you took to tell us about your experience on TripAdvisor. It would be our greatest pleasure to deliver flawless service to you once again on your next trip to New Orleans!

California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I really enjoyed the Manager Craig, Doorman Paul & staff. They all delivered Outstanding Customer Service! The buffet breakfast and cocktails were yummy and I would highly recommend the JW Marriott located in the French Quarter!!!

Dear IamAYD,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the JW Marriott New Orleans. We really believe that it is outstanding service that truly makes a hotel a luxury experience. Paul, Craig and our staff consistently deliver amazing service. Additionally, it's wonderful that you experienced our exceptional breakfast buffet! We hope you have a chance to try our dinner cuisine at Canal Street Grill on your next stay, which is led by distinguished French Master Chef Rene Bajeux.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I traveled to the JW for an educators convention. The hotel was welcoming upon my arrival. The staff went above and beyond to ensure I enjoyed my stay. I really want to thank Paul the door man for sharing his picks on the best places to dine, shop and eat. He and Chris really made my stay one to remember.

Room Tip: Enjoyed the view from the upper floor that faced the main street.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Dear Robin,

Thank you for your kind words! It is our mission to make sure that every guest is well cared for and we are so happy to hear that our staff went above and beyond during your stay. It's especially fulfilling to know that Paul's expert advice on where to dine and shop, as well as Chris's service, really made your stay exceptional. We hope you had a chance to shop at the new luxury outlets at Riverwalk as well as the sophisticated Shops at Canal Place, which are both located close to the JW Marriott. It would be our pleasure to host you again!

Freeport, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I traveled to New Orleans (where I once was a resident) to celebrate my daughters 21st birthday with her and my son. The staff at this hotel made our stay to an area we visit often memorable. First we were treated with a small gift for the birthday girl. Most importantly, I have never experienced a stay at a hotel ( and I stay out of town in many hotels) that made me feel more welcome. The staff in every area around every corner you turn at this hotel exemplify the word Hospitality. I highly recommend this hotel to any one looking to stay in a great central location, in a clean comfortable room,singles or families will find there stay will go beyond expectations.

Room Tip: Our room was overlooking canal street and the ever hustling French Quarter. A view from a room on hi...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
OpsManager70130, Director of Operations at JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Melanie,

It was our absolute pleasure to welcome you back to New Orleans! Thank you so much for your feedback. We couldn't be happier to hear that you received the outstanding, thoughtful service that our hotel is known for, and it was our honor to be a part of your family's birthday celebration. We hope to see you again soon!

Collierville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Everything was terrific from the service side. The staff here is highly interested in your satisfaction and go out of their way to help make your stay perfect.

The property is perfectly located for easy access to anything and everything you may want to see or do in New Orleans. The Executive Lounge is perfect, the workout room is beyond compare, but the pool leaves MUCH to be desired.

The room was on the small side for a premium property and the air conditioner...frankly is the sole reason for my unsatisfactory rating. Although we called and a service person showed up immediately....his work proved to make no difference and my family and I continued to freeze every moment we were there...and I LOVE rooms on the cold side!!! In most properties I stay at (I am a Platinum Rewards member with Marriott who also stays quite a high number of nights at non Marriott properties) you can at least turn the air conditioner off completely...not in this case. I was never able to solve for the frigid condition in the room and as such was very displeased.

Would I stay here again? Most certainly as the property and location are wonderful...I mean all the rooms can't have the same air conditioner problem...can they?

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
OpsManager70130, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear mcunningham61,

Thank you for your kind words about the JW Marriott New Orleans. We are thrilled that you experienced the terrific, caring service typical our our luxury property. It is also fantastic that you enjoyed our convenient location, Executive Lounge and well-equipped fitness center. Thank you for your feedback regarding the pool and room temperature. We are so sorry to hear that this situation was not resolved to your complete satisfaction during your stay and we would very much like to make that right, should we have the pleasure of hosting you again.

JW Marriott New Orleans

Been to JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans? Share your experiences!