“Exceptional Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans

You added JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans to your Saves list
JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   614 Canal St, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Le Meridien Hotel) (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #25 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
“Exceptional Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

I traveled to the JW for an educators convention. The hotel was welcoming upon my arrival. The staff went above and beyond to ensure I enjoyed my stay. I really want to thank Paul the door man for sharing his picks on the best places to dine, shop and eat. He and Chris really made my stay one to remember.

Room Tip: Enjoyed the view from the upper floor that faced the main street.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
OpsManager70130, Director of Operations at JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Robin,

Thank you for your kind words! It is our mission to make sure that every guest is well cared for and we are so happy to hear that our staff went above and beyond during your stay. It's especially fulfilling to know that Paul's expert advice on where to dine and shop, as well as Chris's service, really made your stay exceptional. We hope you had a chance to shop at the new luxury outlets at Riverwalk as well as the sophisticated Shops at Canal Place, which are both located close to the JW Marriott. It would be our pleasure to host you again!

JW Marriott New Orleans

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (286)
  • Indonesian first
Freeport, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I traveled to New Orleans (where I once was a resident) to celebrate my daughters 21st birthday with her and my son. The staff at this hotel made our stay to an area we visit often memorable. First we were treated with a small gift for the birthday girl. Most importantly, I have never experienced a stay at a hotel ( and I stay out of town in many hotels) that made me feel more welcome. The staff in every area around every corner you turn at this hotel exemplify the word Hospitality. I highly recommend this hotel to any one looking to stay in a great central location, in a clean comfortable room,singles or families will find there stay will go beyond expectations.

Room Tip: Our room was overlooking canal street and the ever hustling French Quarter. A view from a room on hi...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
OpsManager70130, Director of Operations at JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Melanie,

It was our absolute pleasure to welcome you back to New Orleans! Thank you so much for your feedback. We couldn't be happier to hear that you received the outstanding, thoughtful service that our hotel is known for, and it was our honor to be a part of your family's birthday celebration. We hope to see you again soon!

Collierville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Everything was terrific from the service side. The staff here is highly interested in your satisfaction and go out of their way to help make your stay perfect.

The property is perfectly located for easy access to anything and everything you may want to see or do in New Orleans. The Executive Lounge is perfect, the workout room is beyond compare, but the pool leaves MUCH to be desired.

The room was on the small side for a premium property and the air conditioner...frankly is the sole reason for my unsatisfactory rating. Although we called and a service person showed up immediately....his work proved to make no difference and my family and I continued to freeze every moment we were there...and I LOVE rooms on the cold side!!! In most properties I stay at (I am a Platinum Rewards member with Marriott who also stays quite a high number of nights at non Marriott properties) you can at least turn the air conditioner off completely...not in this case. I was never able to solve for the frigid condition in the room and as such was very displeased.

Would I stay here again? Most certainly as the property and location are wonderful...I mean all the rooms can't have the same air conditioner problem...can they?

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
OpsManager70130, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear mcunningham61,

Thank you for your kind words about the JW Marriott New Orleans. We are thrilled that you experienced the terrific, caring service typical our our luxury property. It is also fantastic that you enjoyed our convenient location, Executive Lounge and well-equipped fitness center. Thank you for your feedback regarding the pool and room temperature. We are so sorry to hear that this situation was not resolved to your complete satisfaction during your stay and we would very much like to make that right, should we have the pleasure of hosting you again.

Ted Selogie
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

The rooms are cozy, comfortable, COLD :) and the staff is very friendly and always helpful. The only area of improvement I might suggest is people at the concierge lounge. They could be a little more friendly. The food is decent at the lounge. I would surely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Always get the corner room they are large and much nicer views. The higher floors are better for vie...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Dear ajcredit,

It's wonderful to hear that you had such an enjoyable visit from Florida. We are glad that you found our rooms extremely cozy and comfortable, which is important when we are your home away from home! We pride ourselves in helpful service to our guests. While we are delighted that you found the staff very friendly, please accept our apologies that the executive lounge service did not deliver the same level of warm service. Your feedback will be used to improve our guest experience. We eagerly await your return.

Long Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

First time vacationing in the South and J.W. Marriot in NOLA was a great place to start. It's just between the Central Business District and French Quarter area off of Canal Street. The hotel building is attractive pretty much what we expect from the J.W. Marriot property. The staff , however, is what will keeps us coming back. Their professionalism and attention to detail were exceptional. Looking forward to our next visit. NOLA Jazz Festival 2015!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
OpsManager70130, Director of Operations at JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear Ginger,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at the JW Marriott New Orleans. We are delighted that you found our hotel attractive and up to the high standards of the JW brand. It is such a pleasure to hear about the fantastic service you received during your stay, as we pride ourselves in delivering an exceptional, detail-oriented luxury experience to our guests. We can't wait to exceed your expectations again in 2015!

Fort Belvoir, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

This was our first time staying here at the JW Marriott. I am truly impressed. We come here to the essence festival every year and this truly was our best experience thus far. Gary and Catherine among all others there are truly what you called great customer service. I was not only comfortable but truly pleased with everything . Thanks you have won me over. See you next year!!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Michelle,

Thank you for your kind words! We are thrilled to hear that our service made your Essence Festival stay one of the best so far. Gary and Catherine will be very happy to hear that they contributed to making this stay an exceptional one for you. We're eagerly awaiting your return in 2015!

Memphis, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I've stayed numerous weeks at this location. It's nestled between the Central Business District and French Quarter area right off Canal Street. The hotel building is very classy and what you would expect from a typical J.W. Marriot branded property; however, the staff of this hotel makes it my first choice for my New Orleans lodging needs.

The executive lounge is managed by Tom and Earnesto. Their attentiveness to detail and true professionalism are superb and should be recognized and compensated as real assets to the New Orleans J.W. Marriott.

Room Tip: The corner king suites are very nice.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
OpsManager70130, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans, responded to this review, July 13, 2014
Dear Jeff,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are delighted to hear that our professional, superb service is what truly makes this a terrific hotel for you. Tom and Ernesto are indeed wonderful examples of the kind of luxury service we provide, and we deeply appreciate them as well as the rest of our exemplary staff members. We hope to see you again soon.

Ted Selogie
JW Marriott New Orleans

Been to JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans? Share your experiences!