“Best Customer Service Ever” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans

You added JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans to your Saves list
JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   614 Canal St, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Le Meridien Hotel) (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #26 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Gainesville
“Best Customer Service Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

This is a lovely, clean and comfortable hotel with a central location in the French Quarter. You can access everything you need from here on foot: the entire French Quarter and the Mississippi River, public transportation, fine dining restaurants, casual and affordable restaurants, shopping of all sorts, pharmacies, fast food... you name it.

J.W. Marriot offers everything you would expect for the price, but what is astonishing is the level of customer service I received. I've never had so many people anticipate my needs before I even opened my mouth. It really made an impression.

We arrived late to find that our room had no cold water, due to some issues with the city itself. I had resigned myself to a long, irritating process of moving to a new room, but there was someone at our room to help us move within 5-10 minutes.

The bell hop, Mr. A. Carter, went out of his way to assist us. He was aware that our new room did not have such a nice view as our original one. He made a few calls on his headset and had us moved to the very top floor The view was a highlight of our stay, and my 12 year old son was delighted.

Another day, my son and I had gotten lost site-seeing, and we made it back to the hotel absolutely desperate for water. I had just one foot in the door before a valet (I think), Mr. W. Jenkens, had retrieved two bottles of water and put them into our hands. He said, "You two look very thirsty."

Everywhere we went in the hotel, people were genuinely looking to see how we were doing and actively trying to think of ways to make us feel happier.

We did not have occasion to eat at the hotel, or use the spa, but we did use the gym and pool. The pool is small and on the roof, which is not surprising given the packed downtown location of the hotel. I imagine it could get very crowded and pointless during a busy period, but we did not have problems when we visited. There was a lovely woman there who showed us around at great length one afternoon, and I wish I had her name.

I must admit I am easy to please when it comes to rooms. All I want is something clean with a soft bed. The rooms were nothing amazing, but they were perfectly maintained, and we al agreed the beds were comfortable. As I said, our view of the French Quarter and MIssissippi was very special.

Note that there is also a Marriott on Canal street. These are two separate properties. That gave us a bit of confusion.

Our room was comped, since my husband was attending a business conference. I would probably had been more resentful of little fees, if that had not been the case. There is a $14.95 charge for internet per day, which irks me. I heard the valet fee was $20 per day, but then later I heard $40. I hope the latter is not true, as it seems incredibly steep, but I imagine it's competitive with other parking prices in the Quarter.

I would absolutely come here again and look forward to it, if I was to return to NOLA.

Room Tip: A good view of the French Quarter and the Mississippi really adds to the experience.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
OpsManager70130, Director of Operations at JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Audrey33,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Your experience is a perfect example of what we try to do for every guest who passes through our doors. We believe that great service starts before check-in and extends well beyond checkout.

As you noted, anticipating needs is one of the ways we aim to make guests feel at home. I apologize that your rooms situation was up in the air when you first arrived, but I'm glad we were able to find you suitable accommodations. The view from the upper floors is truly one of a kind, with gorgeous architecture and natural beauty extending in every direction. We're always willing to take the necessary steps to ensure you're comfortable, so if you ever need anything, just let us know.

Though you didn't have a chance to enjoy either while you were here, I encourage you to dine here at the JW Marriott, and experience a spa treatment or two. Both are equally memorable, and have a little something for every taste and preference. If you'd like any assistance planning a future visit, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me directly.

JW Marriott New Orleans

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
  • Indonesian first
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

The JW is in a great location. Very nice staff and helpful beyond a doubt. Beds were comfortable and rooms were a nice size. Would stay there again! They have ice water at the door and it was needed-very, very, hot!!!!! Nice touch. Thought their coffee and tea a bit expensive but there is a McDonalds across the street-went there! Had fruit water inside to drink-another nice touch.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the quarter nice. Higher up rooms less noisy.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed at the JW Marriott at 614 Canal Street in New Orleans. Note that there is also a Marriott on Canal street. These two properties are different.

The JW Marriott is excellent: fabulous service, rooms, location and food. Find Durham, the bellman. He will help you with anything and everything.

It was so hot we didn't feel like walking back to the French Quarter for dinner so chose to eat at the Hotel restaurant: Canal Street Grill. Our server was a wonderful lady, Shay. If the New Orleans Chamber of Commerce was smart, they should hire her to be New Orlean's Ambassador at Large: she was friendly, courteous, helpful, fun, anticipated our dining needs, accommodated some food allergies - in a word, just wonderful. Oh, and the food was also good.

Valet parking is $35.00 a day but, again, in a city with parking limitations, worth the wonderful service.

This is just a fabulous hotel. If you can afford it, the value is there. Pricey but worth it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
OpsManager70130, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Delaw,

We'll take "absolutely excellent" any day of the week. Thanks for your kind words, and for choosing to stay at the JW Marriott. It appears you experienced a little bit of everything we have to offer, including unparalleled service, authentic Southern cooking, and an unbeatable location. We're passionate about our city, and that's why we love to help guests discover New Orleans—or to see it in a whole new light.

Our friendly staff is committed to providing guests with everything they need to feel at home. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to our team, and to the specific employees mentioned in your review. We're proud to have such passionate, caring folks representing our hotel, and the Chamber of Commerce would be lucky to have any of our team members on its staff!

We hope to see you again soon here in the Big Easy. If there's anything I can do to help facilitate a visit, just let me know.

Ted Selogie

Boonsboro, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

The location of the hotel was excellent. The service was first class which is what you would expect and they did not disappoint. The room was very comfortable and roomy. The location of our room overlooked the French Quarter and the city, what a view!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Shreveport, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed here for a quick weekend getaway. Fantastic location, just blocks from Bourbon Street and the French Quarter. Everything was within walking distance and of course that's a must have in New Orleans. The staff is very accommodating and super professional. There was some noisy construction going on outside during our stay, so they were sure to make sure we were as comfortable as possible.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear JakesReviews,

Thank you for your kind words. You made a fantastic choice for a quick weekend getaway destination, and I hope you found the rest and relaxation you were after. Though it's beyond our control, I would like to apologie for any inconvenience that the nearby construction may have caused. We know that vacation should be a quiet, peaceful retreat, and that's why, as you found, we'll do whatever it takes to ensure your comfort.

With our central location and all of New Orleans at your fingertips, I hope you were able to get out and explore the city. Whether it's a ride on the historic streetcar, dinner at a local favorite, or simply a walk around the French Quarter, there's always something new to do here in New Orleans.

We look forward to hosting you again soon, whether for a quick getaway or a longer stay.

Brooklyn, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

My bf and I stayed here on a last minute get-a-away. JWM is about 2 blocks from Bourbon St. For us that was great because we did not want to be in the craziness all night long. JWM was beautiful inside and our room with a king sized bed was comfortable. Great view of the city! Everything was within walking distance. It was really hot when we were there so we especially loved that the hotel was Freezing cold!! The fruit water in the lobby was a hit and the staff was friendly and accommodating.

Whenever we go back we will definitely stay here again!!!

Room Tip: ask for a corner king. they are a bot bigger
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
jessejean
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

The service here was great as was the location. I found it annoying that there was no wi fi in the rooms only in the lobby.
Otherwise I enjoyed the hotel. The fruit water was a particular favorite. And th staff was friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dera jessejean,

Thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay at the JW Marriott New Orleans. The title of your post says it all; we're proud to have one of the best locations in the city of New Orleans, and we're committed to providing world-class service to go along with it.

You will be pleased to know that we do offer in-room Wi-Fi for a small daily fee. In addition, 4 complimentary computers with Internet access are available in our common areas. We know that it's important to stay connected while you're away from home or the office, and that's why we like to give guests options while on property.

I hope that we have the opportunity to host you again soon. Our doors are always open, and the fruit water is always chilled, so feel free to come back any time for a relaxing stay in the heart of New Orleans.

JW Marriott New Orleans

Been to JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans? Share your experiences!