“WOW!!! JUST WOW!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans

You added JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans to your Saves list
JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   614 Canal St, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Le Meridien Hotel) (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Vicksburg, Mississippi
“WOW!!! JUST WOW!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have stayed in many hotels over my life and I have never stayed in a hotel with a staff as friendly and helpful as this property. From the time I walked in the door to the time I walked out the staff was tremendous. We were there for my daughter's 3rd birthday. She had a blast and so did we. Every time we went anywhere in the hotel the staff was always very friendly. Most of them remembered my name and my daughters name. That's impressive! The hotel was packed and they remembered me!?!?!?!? I was a little disappointed in the choice of channels on the television. With a 3 year old and 5 year old at least a couple of kids channels are a must. The cartoon network wasn't working so the hotel let me order a movie a day for them at no charge. I would still love to see them add the Disney channel to their line up in the future. I am not sure I can stay anywhere else in New Orleans. I was so spoiled by them. We are members of the zoo so we try to get down there at least 3 or 4 times a year. The food in the restaurant was excellent. Room service and specifically Andrew (our room service waiter) was awesome. I could go on and on about this staff. All of the reviews on here saying anything bad about the staff are absolutely wrong. all I can say is the people that wrote those reviews must really be awful people and must have treated the staff horribly to have had an experience like they did. I consider myself to be a friendly person so maybe that is why they were so awesome....who knows. I will without a shadow of a doubt stay here again.

Room Tip: We had a corner room and it was excellent
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Indonesian first
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Great location, wonderful hotel and even better customer service!

My husband and I stayed at the JW Marriott over a long weekend in late July and we could not have been more happy with our hotel selection. While it's conveniently located within walking distance to every restaurant, store and bar in the French Quarter, it's just far enough away to get away from the hustle and bustle for a peaceful nights sleep. The staff went above and beyond in every way possible. Highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Mi.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

My husband and I took a 4 day trip to New Orleans. It was not our first time to New Orleans. We wanted a little get-away and this was a perfect place to go. The J.W. was a great location. Just a few blocks from Bourbon Street and the Canal Streetcar stop was right in front of the hotel. Our room was a corner room on the 29th floor. The view of the city was super! The hotel was clean, staff very pleasant and accommodating and the fitness center was more than I had hoped for.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
OpsManager70130, Director of Operations at JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear gator33,

A four-day vacation in New Orleans is a fantastic summer getaway, and it sounds like yours was no exception. Thanks for taking the time to review your stay. Positive feedback like yours is an inspiration, and drives us to keep raising the bar.

One of the first things that guests notice about our hotel is its one-of-a-kind location, centered in the heart of our celebrated city. As you mentioned, the streetcars stop right outside the hotel, and offer guests a fun and affordable way to tour the city. And if you're in the mood for a short walk and plenty of culture, nearby Bourbon Street is always alive with activity.

We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your time here, and in particular, the city views. Let us know if we can be of any help when you book your next stay.

Cole Wallace

Director of Operations
JW Marriott New Orleans
West Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed here the Fourth of July weekend for the Essence Festival and the rooms are great. It is centrally located close to the casino, convention center, and bourbon street. I would definetly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in New Orleans.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
San Angelo, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Was here as overflow from a conference at the Sheraton next door, this hotel was very nice. Counter personnel courteous and professional. The location is at the French Quarter, clost to a lot of good restaurants. Highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed here one night with my family. We were cruising out of New Orleans. If coming here in a taxi or shuttle, make sure you specifically identify this hotel. There is another Marriott property on Canal street and it can be confusing.

I liked the location on Canal. It was an easy walk to the French Quarter, but separated from some of the bustle. Our room was nice, but there were a few cleanliness issues. The bathroom is very small. There was some street noise, but it was not too bad. The inside of the hotel looked great and every employee we interacted with was helpful and nice. I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I moved to New Orleans for work in 2006. I've only ever stayed in the JW once but I've been going to the lobby bar weekly since 2006 with coworkers that were staying in the hotel. Ever since then I have been bringing my friends to get a drink from Deborah the bartender. She embodies the love of New Orleans and talking to her taught me to love the Saints, the fleur de lis, and the great food. Since then the bar was remodeled and some other great bartenders have joined the team so I continue to go for the great experience. Oh, but I miss the purse hooks since the remodel. :)

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Melissa P,

We're so glad you took the time to share your JW Marriott story. We've been lucky enough over the years to develop great relationships with regular visitors, and sometimes it's nice to just take a step back and reflect on all the good times.

You couldn't have picked a better go-to bar in New Orleans. Deborah, as you know, is the best of the best. Not only can she mix one of the tastiest cocktail in all of the Big Easy, but her positive attitude can also brighten anyone's day.

Your business means a great deal to us, and we're looking forward to many more years of great food, drinks, and conversation—and in the near future, purse hooks. Cheers!

Cole Wallace

Director of Operations
JW Marriott New Orleans

Been to JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans? Share your experiences!