“Best Hotel Stay in NOLA” 5 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans

Save Saved
You added JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans to your Saves list
JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   614 Canal St, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Le Meridien Hotel) (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save now in New Orleans
Ranked #26 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Houston, Texas
“Best Hotel Stay in NOLA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Paul R was very nice and friendly. He provided us with great southern hospitality. The hotel was located in a great location. The quality was superior and the room had a great view. We really enjoyed all the staff making us feel welcome.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

1,179 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Indonesian first
houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

we had booked 2 nights with 3 rooms We were not disappointed in our rooms or our service
staff very friendly and helpful had requested baby beds they were in place by the time we got to rooms we requested adjoining rooms that was done as well i will stay here again i like the location and the staff

Room Tip: end rooms they are larger
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
OpsManager70130, Director of Operations at JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear mmt50,

Thank you for your kind words. As one of the top hotels in New Orleans, we make it a priority to cater to each and every need of our guests. We are happy that we were able to personalize your experience by delivering your request to your guest room prior to your arrival. I hope you'll return to our fair city soon, because although two nights is nice, a longer stay opens up all kinds of new possibilities. We'd be happy to set up a fun-filled itinerary to maximize your time. Please let me know if I can be of any help booking your next trip.

Cole Wallace

Director of Operations
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Steven the bartender at the bar and grill was awesome. Great service great drinks and great personality. Made the stay at the j w Marriott even more enjoyable. Thanks Steven and good luck on future endeavors!

• Stayed June 2013
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I usually stay at 2-3 star hotels and motels, so I was definitely looking forward to my stay at the JW Marriot. But they exceeded my expectations. Not only were the rooms spotless and very comfortable (I don't think I've ever slept so well in any bed other than my own), but the service was exceptional. Every doorman, bellhop, desk clerk, and housekeeper was friendly and eager to help, going out of their way to get us anything we needed, be it an extra bathrobe, advice on outings or transportation, or even duct tape! I wasn't really considering a swamp tour until the doorman suggested it. The concierges were especially helpful regarding tours. There are so many tours available in New Orleans, it can be overwhelming. Some of them are really cheesy...how to you know which ones are good? The concierges Isabelle and Daisy provided us with a city tour, a cemetery tour, and a swamp tour, all of which were fantastic with excellent, knowledgeable, entertaining guides. The concierge Andrew showed us where the best art galleries and boutiques were. The location of the JW Marriot couldn't be better, right next to the French Quarter, on the trolley line, near the casino. I fell in love with New Orleans, and I've been spoiled by the JW Marriot. I don't think I could stay anywhere else if (when!) I return.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
OpsManager70130, General Manager at JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Kristen H,

Thanks for your feedback in regards to your stay here at the JW Marriott New Orleans. I am so happy to hear that your trip was everything you hoped for—and more. It's encouraging to hear such high praise, and it inspires us to try even harder in the future.

Knowing the city of New Orleans in and out is a part of our job. That includes all of the exceptional tours, events, and hidden gems. We're always willing to make recommendations, and it sounds like you enjoyed many of the attractions the city offers.

You are always welcome to stay with us, and we look forward to seeing you again, sooner rather than later. Let us know know if we can be of any help in planning your next stay here in the Big Easy.

Ted Selogie

Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

The JW is right on Canal near the French Quarter and the Central Business District. I moved up from the Hilton Reiverside after my convention ended and couldn't have been more happy. The service is friendly and efficient and the room was very comfortable and spacious. The Exec Lounge was nice with a seperate meeting area for conducting business. The lobby bar seemed lively but the restaurant appeared to be under populated. Not surprising in an area like NOLA with som many great food options. The hotel was a welcome piece of respite in a what can be a very chaotic city.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while in town for my son's basketball tournament and the best part of the hotel was the great customer service I received from George the Bartender. He was always so helpful and polite with a positive attitude everyday. I was a little disappointed with my check out as my room didn't have any cold water and I was told at check out they would give me a discount on my stay and that didn't happen :(. I was also told that others in my party received one rate but they would not honor that rate for me and the young lady at check out was not so friendly. She should take a page out of George the Bartender's book on customer service. For the exception of me not having cold water the 3 days I was there and the check out not being so great the overall stay was fine.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Terri B,

It's always a pleasure to receive feedback from a valued customer. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the exceptional service of one of our staff members. As a whole, we pride ourselves on service, and it surprises me that friendliness didn't extend throughout your entire visit. I can assure you that your experience with George is our standard, not the exception. We will definitely recognize George for the impression he made on you. I am also concerned that you experienced a problem with the water temperature in your room. We will have our maintenance team look into the situation immediately. If there's anything else I can do at this time, please let me know. We hope to see you again soon, as we would love to turn your "fine" experience into a "fantastic" experience.

Cole Wallace

Director of Operations
Winter Springs, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We just returned from a 4-day weekend to the JW Marriott, NOLA. We would like to firstly say that the service was excellent. From the doormen, front desk personnel, and the housekeeping, all was top notch. We pay attention to details, and we were so pleased that the management of the JW in NOLA did, also. From simple requests such as bandages for a blister on my ankle, to the warm and consistent "hellos" from each staff member encountered, we couldn't have asked for more hospitality. This was five star service. The hotel itself is large, in that it is tall (30 stories), however had more of a boutique-feel, as the lobby, convention spaces, and public areas were smaller and very easily navigated. We did feel as if the fitness center and pool were subpar for a JW, however this was overlooked. The rooms were average, but comfortable, although the bathrooms were on the smaller side. The facility was spotless, as expected of the JW line from Marriott. The location we very nice. Only a 3 minute walk to the infamous Bourbon St., a few more minutes walk to the riverfront. Plenty of eateries and convenience shops located literally within feet of the north entrance to the JW. The executive lounge was very nice, although small, and the breakfast offerings were better-than-average, and extensive. The evening hors d'oeuvre were average, but fresh, and nicely presented. Again, here in the lounge, it was the attendant's service that elevated the experience. Although NOLA is known for its party atmosphere, and we noticed guests that had indulged in the local charm, we found the room, hallways, and guest room areas to be quiet and restful. The bed was as expected..very comfortable. There was only one complaint about our stay this past weekend, and it was the horribly inefficient wifi service in the rooms and public spaces. At many moments, it was nearly unusably slow. When we called to inquire, we were told "yes, it has been slow lately." Not exactly the response we had expected, as the daily charge at the JW is $15USD. Also, to be noted, there was no hair dryer in the guest room. I am sure that they would have supplied one if we had asked, but it was not of huge concern to us. All-in-all, we would definitely recommend and stay again at the JW in NOLA. Thank you to the management and we hope the staff knows how much they contribute to the exceptional experience of their guests.

Room Tip: The view of NOLA is not the most enticing, no matter the direction. I cannot imagine a "bad&qu...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans? Share your experiences!