“Good location and rate” 4 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans

You added JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans to your Saves list
JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   614 Canal St, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Le Meridien Hotel) (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Save 15% This Summer!
Ranked #36 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Good location and rate”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

The JW is right on Canal near the French Quarter and the Central Business District. I moved up from the Hilton Reiverside after my convention ended and couldn't have been more happy. The service is friendly and efficient and the room was very comfortable and spacious. The Exec Lounge was nice with a seperate meeting area for conducting business. The lobby bar seemed lively but the restaurant appeared to be under populated. Not surprising in an area like NOLA with som many great food options. The hotel was a welcome piece of respite in a what can be a very chaotic city.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
  • Indonesian first
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel while in town for my son's basketball tournament and the best part of the hotel was the great customer service I received from George the Bartender. He was always so helpful and polite with a positive attitude everyday. I was a little disappointed with my check out as my room didn't have any cold water and I was told at check out they would give me a discount on my stay and that didn't happen :(. I was also told that others in my party received one rate but they would not honor that rate for me and the young lady at check out was not so friendly. She should take a page out of George the Bartender's book on customer service. For the exception of me not having cold water the 3 days I was there and the check out not being so great the overall stay was fine.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
OpsManager70130, Director of Operations at JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Dear Terri B,

It's always a pleasure to receive feedback from a valued customer. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the exceptional service of one of our staff members. As a whole, we pride ourselves on service, and it surprises me that friendliness didn't extend throughout your entire visit. I can assure you that your experience with George is our standard, not the exception. We will definitely recognize George for the impression he made on you. I am also concerned that you experienced a problem with the water temperature in your room. We will have our maintenance team look into the situation immediately. If there's anything else I can do at this time, please let me know. We hope to see you again soon, as we would love to turn your "fine" experience into a "fantastic" experience.

Cole Wallace

Director of Operations
JW Marriott New Orleans
Winter Springs, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We just returned from a 4-day weekend to the JW Marriott, NOLA. We would like to firstly say that the service was excellent. From the doormen, front desk personnel, and the housekeeping, all was top notch. We pay attention to details, and we were so pleased that the management of the JW in NOLA did, also. From simple requests such as bandages for a blister on my ankle, to the warm and consistent "hellos" from each staff member encountered, we couldn't have asked for more hospitality. This was five star service. The hotel itself is large, in that it is tall (30 stories), however had more of a boutique-feel, as the lobby, convention spaces, and public areas were smaller and very easily navigated. We did feel as if the fitness center and pool were subpar for a JW, however this was overlooked. The rooms were average, but comfortable, although the bathrooms were on the smaller side. The facility was spotless, as expected of the JW line from Marriott. The location we very nice. Only a 3 minute walk to the infamous Bourbon St., a few more minutes walk to the riverfront. Plenty of eateries and convenience shops located literally within feet of the north entrance to the JW. The executive lounge was very nice, although small, and the breakfast offerings were better-than-average, and extensive. The evening hors d'oeuvre were average, but fresh, and nicely presented. Again, here in the lounge, it was the attendant's service that elevated the experience. Although NOLA is known for its party atmosphere, and we noticed guests that had indulged in the local charm, we found the room, hallways, and guest room areas to be quiet and restful. The bed was as expected..very comfortable. There was only one complaint about our stay this past weekend, and it was the horribly inefficient wifi service in the rooms and public spaces. At many moments, it was nearly unusably slow. When we called to inquire, we were told "yes, it has been slow lately." Not exactly the response we had expected, as the daily charge at the JW is $15USD. Also, to be noted, there was no hair dryer in the guest room. I am sure that they would have supplied one if we had asked, but it was not of huge concern to us. All-in-all, we would definitely recommend and stay again at the JW in NOLA. Thank you to the management and we hope the staff knows how much they contribute to the exceptional experience of their guests.

Room Tip: The view of NOLA is not the most enticing, no matter the direction. I cannot imagine a "bad&qu...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed here for a family member's wedding during Memorial Day weekend. The staff was by far the nicest most accommodating group I have ever been around. Anything that we needed or wanted, this group was always there to provide. I have told several friends and family about our experience there and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone! The rooms were very nice and clean as well as the overall hotel. I told the staff I would be writing a review so just in case they read this we are the couple that had to go to Tulane Hospital for my girlfriend's appendicitis. Anyway, thanks for everything while we were there and we look forward to a return trip!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the New Orleans JW Marriott for 6 nights for a conference and I am very happy that I picked this hotel. I stayed in room 2407 facing the French Quarter. The room was very clean' the bed was super comfortable, and the staff is amazing. The furniture in the room was a little banged up' but otherwise everything was top notch. The gym is quite big for the size of the hotel and there is an interesting pool outside that I didn't try. You could hear people in the halls a little, but otherwise the rooms were quiet. One downside - the wireless internet access in the rooms is HORRIBLE. Utterly useless ... As others have said, it is better in the lobby for some reason. They really need to fix that.

I almost picked the Astoria hotel on Bourbon street and I am very glad I didn't! I don't know how anyone can sleep in any rooms that close to Bourbon Street!

• Stayed June 2013
Jenks, OK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

We arrived around 11:30am expecting to store our luggage and walk around the french quarter until around 3:00pm when we expected to check in. We were plesently surprised that they offerred to get us in the next room available on the Concierge level. We received a call before noon and the room was ready. I recommend you give them a try if you are in New Orleans. Great location in the French Quarter. Walking distance to everything. The room was great; the concierge level gave you access to orderves. The next morning they had a full breakfast. Eggs, bacon, yogart, cereal.

Room Tip: Make sure you pick a room on the concierge level. We were on 28. Nice view too.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
OpsManager70130, Director of Operations at JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear Dudetime,

Thanks for sharing your recent experience at the JW Marriott New Orleans. We're so happy you chose to stay with us, and it sounds like everything worked out wonderfully. We know how important arrivals and departures are when it comes to travel, and that's why we do our best to accommodate all of our guests' unique schedules. I could not agree with you more about our location; if you're looking to experience the best of New Orleans, there's no better hotel to call home. I hope you'll return soon, because we'd love to treat you to even more of the signature JW Marriott service that you've come to expect.

Cole Wallace

Director of Operations
JW Marriott New Orleans
Norfolk, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

This being my first trip to New Orleans I wanted to stay in walking distance to everything. The JW was the perfect choice directly across the street frm the French Quarter and all the action of Bourbon St. Without all the noise.The hotel staff was amazing from the moment we got out the car greeting us by name, getting our bags an check was a breeze. The concierge Andrew was great I called him many times to get local attraction info, restaurant recommendations, etc each time he was pleasant and very helpful. The room was great fresh and clean an I had amazing views frm my corner room on the 26th floor. The only thing I didn't like was the pool. It's located on the back side of the hotel so u consistently hear the horns n whistle frm valet and its also next to wht I assume is the huge air condition unit tht was the down side. But the pool it self was very clean, deck was free of liter. I loved my visit an look forward to the next one.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans? Share your experiences!