“nice hotel but not for the price” 4 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans

Save Saved
You added JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans to your Saves list
JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   614 Canal St, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Le Meridien Hotel) (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #25 of 153 Hotels in New Orleans
Tampa, Florida, United States
“nice hotel but not for the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stayed 3 days in New Orleans for business .Hotel has a great location ,walking distance to Bourbon street.I happened to be there during the French Quarter festival and I had a great time.The room had standard size but the bathroom was way too small and I felt it needed an upgrade.Otherwise rooms are clean,pillows and mattress very comfortable but I don't think is worth the price .It has a nice lobby bar and I ate at the on site Restaurant and food and service was very good.The staff is very friendly and always offered for help.The hotel has only valet parking and it was pricey ($39.99 dollars ).In general I think hotel is nice and clean in a great location but a bit pricey

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
OpsManager70130, Director of Operations at JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Michel,

I'd like to thank you for your honesty. Guest feedback like yours is integral to our improvement efforts. You're absolutely right about our convenient location and on-site dining options—both are points of pride for us here at the JW Marriott New Orleans. It's our goal to give guests a positive experience from start to finish, and I think an upgrade would make all the difference in your next stay. I hope you'll give us another shot. Please contact me directly if travel brings you back to New Orleans, I am committed to providing the value that you feel was absent on this trip.

Cole Wallace

Director of Operations
JW Marriott New Orleans

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Indonesian first
Lafayette, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

It was a nice hotel, clean & well maintained, but my friends & I were not expecting to find 2 double beds in our room instead of queen-sized beds. It made for a rather uncomfortable night for us all. Also, even on the 28th floor, the noise from Canal Street was so loud (sirens all night long!!) that we were all exhausted the next day b/c we were cramped together in the 2 beds and when we did fall asleep was awakend by the noise. Tight quarters in the bathroom too, it was so small that there was no way more than 1 of us 4 could use the room at the same time (1 blow drying hair & another putting on make-up -- just couldn't be done). Tub was nice though - not a modified version of a tub that many hotels provide. Overall nice, but probably won't stay there again if there are more than 2 of us trying to share a room.

Room Tip: Get a room as high up as possible and unless you have never been to NOLA before, decline the rooms f...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Lori,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the JW Marriott New Orleans. I would like to personally apologize for what sounds like a disappointing experience in our hotel. I am sorry we did not communicate with you regarding the bed types we offer in our guest rooms. I am equally apologetic for the other challenges that you experienced. It is rare for a guest to depart with such a negative impression of our hotel, which is why I'm committed to correcting the elements of your stay that we can improve. I encourage you to reach out to me directly so that we can speak in greater detail. I am confident that we can meet your expectations, and I hope that you'll give us another chance if you find yourself in New Orleans again.

Cole Wallace

Director of Operations
JW Marriott New Orleans
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

JW Marriot stay meant a clean, friendly, hotel with nice rooms. A classy place...stay away from craziness/noise near Bourbon. You can walk across Canal street right into the French Quarter...which means great restaurants, clubs and shopping easily accessed. Then take the trolley, the stop is just up the street, if you want to go to Warehouse District to go to WWII museum (highly recommended) and art museums or another trolley to the Garden District and Commanders Palace( a FAB foodie place).Really it is an easy walk from JW to the WWII museums or Lafayette Park- but not Garden District. What really makes us LOVE this hotel were the staff. William, excellent in banter as well as helpful in recommendations for ANTHING we asked, and Kimberly at the desk who recommended a wonderful 3mile morning walking route- safe and with enjoyable NOLA scenery starting at the river. Really, it was excellent hospitality from all we encountered at JW. Warning....if you take taxi from airport STRESS to driver it is the JW Marriott...not the other Marriott or you will end across the street! Only question I had was why no refrigerator in the room? This would have helped us keep morning fruit and some leftovers from all the good eating we had. PS. this is the ONLY negative I can think of.....so stay here and feel the love of NOLA.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
toronto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

I just spent 3 nites at this hotel, my 1st in New Orleans I picked it because of the location, I'm glad I did not pick on on bourbon No hotel could offer a quiet room to sleep, it pretty crazy w people and music

Upon check the bell hops looked at my name tag on my bag and remembered my name for the duration of my stay it was this level of service that I experienced through the duration of my stay. Very nice. Upon check in a asked for a high floor and a corner room I was assigned 1903 It was a corner / king bed nice room but no hot water I mentioned this on my 2nd day / engineering came up in 5 mins, they moved w no fuss / Ordered a burger after a nite out on the town the order was input incorrectly and it was over cooked to what I ordered They sent up a replacement nc.

Gym was good for a hotel gym / pool small in full shade at 1530hrs and was very cold so I'm assuming not heated

The Sheraton is right beside it w a star bucks in that I went too every morning not sure what price point they are at but I would definitely recommend checking them out / it look very nice and I ran IMO a couple who was staying there and they said the rooms are beautiful

If visiting Id recommend the Natchez river cruise Well worth the 30 per head And the casino is beautiful

• Stayed April 2013
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Great location on Canal at the edge of French Quarter. You can hop on street cars to get to many places. The best, friendliest staff, especially the bell men & valets. Got great advice on where to get Cajun meats to take home. Will always stay here!

• Stayed April 2013
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

The service at this hotel is outstanding. Never have I come across such personable staff members! The location is amazing and if you are lucky, you will be able to catch a parade going down Canal St. We loved our room - spacious, large bathroom, comfortable bed, great desk space, and even a little refrigerator to store our goodies collected on the NOLA streets!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Aside from being in a perfect downtown New Orleans location just at the edge of the French Quarters, the renovated lobby, restaurants and rooms were exceptional. And the best part was the incredible staff. The valet parking staff, bellhop, front desk, concierge, cleaning staff could not have been nicer and more helpful. We would recommend the JW Marriott.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans? Share your experiences!