“Well worth the money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans

Save Saved
You added JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans to your Saves list
JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   614 Canal St, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Le Meridien Hotel) (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #25 of 153 Hotels in New Orleans
toronto
“Well worth the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

I just spent 3 nites at this hotel, my 1st in New Orleans I picked it because of the location, I'm glad I did not pick on on bourbon No hotel could offer a quiet room to sleep, it pretty crazy w people and music

Upon check the bell hops looked at my name tag on my bag and remembered my name for the duration of my stay it was this level of service that I experienced through the duration of my stay. Very nice. Upon check in a asked for a high floor and a corner room I was assigned 1903 It was a corner / king bed nice room but no hot water I mentioned this on my 2nd day / engineering came up in 5 mins, they moved w no fuss / Ordered a burger after a nite out on the town the order was input incorrectly and it was over cooked to what I ordered They sent up a replacement nc.

Gym was good for a hotel gym / pool small in full shade at 1530hrs and was very cold so I'm assuming not heated

The Sheraton is right beside it w a star bucks in that I went too every morning not sure what price point they are at but I would definitely recommend checking them out / it look very nice and I ran IMO a couple who was staying there and they said the rooms are beautiful

If visiting Id recommend the Natchez river cruise Well worth the 30 per head And the casino is beautiful

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
  • Indonesian first
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Great location on Canal at the edge of French Quarter. You can hop on street cars to get to many places. The best, friendliest staff, especially the bell men & valets. Got great advice on where to get Cajun meats to take home. Will always stay here!

• Stayed April 2013
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

The service at this hotel is outstanding. Never have I come across such personable staff members! The location is amazing and if you are lucky, you will be able to catch a parade going down Canal St. We loved our room - spacious, large bathroom, comfortable bed, great desk space, and even a little refrigerator to store our goodies collected on the NOLA streets!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

Aside from being in a perfect downtown New Orleans location just at the edge of the French Quarters, the renovated lobby, restaurants and rooms were exceptional. And the best part was the incredible staff. The valet parking staff, bellhop, front desk, concierge, cleaning staff could not have been nicer and more helpful. We would recommend the JW Marriott.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I spent a week with my daughter at the JW during a Spring break visit to New Orleans.

First, location. The taxi/checkin entrance is on a back (Common) street, but the hotel has an entrance right on Canal Street. The French Quarter is right across Canal. Walking down Canal gets you to the Mississippi, Aquarium, etc. There are also various buses and streetcars within a few blocks of the hotel entrances. So, we were not far from anything but without the all night noise and crowds of the center of the French Quarter.

Service was excellent and friendly - if we looked the least bit confused when entering the lobby an employee would come over to offer advice and show us the way to go. I was quietly struggling to open a small packet of Advil when someone swooped down to offer to help! When I checked in they noticed my birthday was coming up (perhaps from my ID), and on the evening of my birthday there were two large pieces of chocolate cake and a nice note from front desk in my room.

The room was nice - not huge, but not tiny as I have read many New Orleans rooms are. There was no refrigerator (there was an obvious cabinet spot for one, which was just a big empty hole). TV was modern, and everything was very clean. Quibbles: it took forever for the hot water to get to the sink or shower, and it was irregular, and the in room safe was so high up in the closet that I couldn't reach it (I did request a step stool, but they said none were available).

Elevators - there was usually a wait for the elevators, but not more than a few minutes.

Internet - there is a charge of $14.95 per day for internet in the room! I only had a tablet, so made use of the free wireless internet in the lobby. There was a wrong charge for interent on my first day, but I called and had them remove it - so do check your bill. There are also a couple of computers in the lobby that I used to print out boarding passes.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for somebody looking for a hotel that is not a tiny boutique but still has the personal touch.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

Check in was fast and efficient. A warm and smiling Gracie took care of us and assigned a room with a beautiful view as we were celebrating our 25th anniversary. The room was extremely clean and the bed was the normal super comfortable Marriott king-sized bed All the staff were extremely warm and welcoming including the hostesses who looked after breakfast in the executive lounge. The rooms were well appointed and quiet. Breakfast in the lounge was also very good. Since we came for the French Quarter Fest, this hotel was ideally located to all the venues for the festival but away from the madness of Bourbon street. Check out was fast and Whitney took care of some minor queries with a smile.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

It is rare to write a very positive review when a fair number of things went wrong, but this is one of those times. First, the service was outstanding. Every employee at this hotel made a concerted effort to be genuinely pleasant/polite and really went out of there way to be helpful. The staff was obviously trained very, very well. Second, the location was perfect. It was right across the street from the French quarter so that it could not be closer, but you didn't get the noise. It was also very near the Charles Streetcar stop for easy access to the Warehouse and Garden Districts.

When we first checked in, I didn't even have to go to the front desk since someone was waiting with our information and room key (I'm a Silver elite). We got up to the room....NOT impressed. So I trudge back downstairs to see if I can get an upgrade. They didn't have any rooms available that night but were more than happy to switch us the following day. Next evening we switched...only to encounter a 4am VERY LOUD party next door. It was ridiculous even for NOLA standards. I called downstairs and not only did they take care of it immediately, and ensure that everyone went back to their respective rooms, but I got an apology note the following morning under the door. They started partying again so we were immediately switched to another upgraded room.

As far as the hotel, the lobby areas are lovely, but the basic room we saw left something to be desired. The corner deluxe king room was what I consider to be up to JW standards. Bottom line, I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
OpsManager70130, Director of Operations at JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear lawgurl,

Thank you for your overall positive review. I truly believe the true measure of customer service is how you respond to difficult situations. I am pleased your experience ended on a positive note, I would like to sincerely apologize for the multiple room changes you endured over the few days here at the JW Marriott New Orleans. We will always do whatever it takes to ensure a guest's comfort, and in your case, it took a couple tries to get it right. I am so glad to hear that you would stay with us again, because I can assure you that your next visit will be much smoother. Plus, there's so much more to see and do here in New Orleans! Our location, as you mentioned, makes sightseeing a breeze. If you are ever in need of a local recommendation, our knowledgeable staff has more than a few favorites, so please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Cole Wallace

Director of Operations
JW Marriott New Orleans

Been to JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans? Share your experiences!