“Good weekend away from the kids” 4 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans

Save Saved
You added JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans to your Saves list
JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   614 Canal St, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Le Meridien Hotel) (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #25 of 153 Hotels in New Orleans
Ashburn, VA
“Good weekend away from the kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights over the weekend. I choose this hotel over the new courtard marriot since my wife was with me and this was more upscale. I forgot that the conceirge lounge is not open on the weekend. This is a perk I enjoyed as a Platinum elite member. Overall good hotel but would likely recommend the Courtyard at 910 Iberville over this facility if you don't need meeting rooms. The couryard is brand new and on the other side of the busy canal street in the french quarter.

New Orleans is a ton of fun and has great history. I have been to most US cities and recommend NOLA as one of the top 5 for couples. Check out some of my other NOLA reviews for food and actvities.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Indonesian first
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

My sister and I stayed at this hotel for a girls trip and really loved it. We were on the 11th floor overlooking the pool and had a beautiful view of the French Quarter and some of the historical buildings. This is centrally located in the FQ so it's a quick walk to many of the restaurants and even over to Bourbon Street (although we drove since it was a little chilly when we were there) The staff were friendly, professional and eager to please! I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

nice location - situated near bourbon street on canal, it's convenient to all the restaurants, and tourist attractions. the rooms are smaller than most and a little noisy, but very clean. nice lobby for hanging out or for eating.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Napier, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Really enjoyed 6 nights at the JW recently. Was in town for a big convention (not at the hotel), so everything was busy. Arrived at the hotel near 1am, but check in was easy and friendly.
Didn't eat at the hotel, but tried one night to get into Shula's, as we had heard it was good. We had great meals at these restaurants just nearby - Mr B's Bistro, Red Gravy, Jimmy J's, and especially nice at Palace Cafe, which is right accross the road.
Staff were all friendly and helpful, and I would stay here again. I was on the 29th floor, but there are 4 lifts which were very quick.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Shaker Heights, OH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Beautiful lobby, friendly staff. Room was very lackluster. Air intake HVAC was constantly humming. Room wouldn't cool below 71. Housekeeping never cleaned my room- not sure how that happened. I was billed for 2 days of internet access, but didnt even bring my laptop. I wasn't impressed enough to return- definitely expected more.

• Stayed February 2013
OpsManager70130, Director of Operations at JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear comito,

We're troubled by your recent experience at our hotel. There are no excuses for issues like inaccurate billing and lack of housekeeping. We sincerely apologize for what sounds like an extremely atypical visit to the JW Marriott New Orleans. We encourage all of our guests to contact us as soon as they encounter an issue, so that our staff can set out to fix it as soon as possible. If there are still erroneous charges on your bill, please contact me at your convenience. Rest assured, we'll do everything we can to earn back your trust.

Cole Wallace

Director of Operations
JW Marriott New Orleans
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

This hotel is beautiful, with a great location and professional staff. I am attending a business conference here is week...recommend this site for business or pleasure trips. The hotel is clean, quiet, and well run.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Walking distance to French quarter, etc.

Hotel was very clean and put together.

My favorite part was the conciege lounge breakfast and appetizers- one of the best I've seen for Marriott.

I would recommend.

• Stayed February 2013

Been to JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans? Share your experiences!