“Lovely Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans

You added JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans to your Saves list
JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   614 Canal St, New Orleans, LA 70130 (Formerly Le Meridien Hotel) (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #26 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Frankfurt
“Lovely Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

All fine. We can recommend the hotel. The rooms are nice, spacious and good sleep in the beds. Though a bit disturbing is that one cannot switch off the air condition which made a bit of noise and the ceiling of the room would need some paint since it had got a water damage.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with clever-hotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
  • Indonesian first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Stayed for 4 nights in November. Been to New Orleans many times and first time not staying directly in French Quarter (business conference). Location is fine - right across the street from French Quarter, but for me New Orleans is all about the French Quarter so something missing staying in just another chain hotel on just another downtown city street (nothing at all worth seeing or doing on Canal Street.......). Room was just ok - decent size, EXCEPT for bathroom - ridiculously small - you drip all over toilet when you get out of shower. Other issues: main dresser drawers hidden behind irritating folding door - pain to open each time you wanted to access something and blocked entrance to bathroom to boot. Also, one bathrobe in room???
Lobby was nice but small and was often very crowded during busy times. Staff was very friendly and helpful.
No huge misses but so many hotels in New Orleans, wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
OpsManager70130, Director of Operations at JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Todd,

Thank you for reviewing your recent four-night stay at the JW Marriott New Orleans. Feedback like yours helps us maintain a consistently high level of service. We regret to learn, however, that your stay was not entirely satisfactory. We have many different types of rooms, and we would be more than happy to help you find the one that suits your needs. In addition, if you ever need anything, such as an additional bathrobe, while you’re staying with us, just call or stop by the front desk. We hope you’ll consider staying at the JW Marriott again, as we’d love the opportunity to show you what really makes our hotel special.

Cole Wallace
Director of Operations
JW Marriott New Orleans
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Very accommodating and helpful staff. We stayed there for 4 nights. Everything ajd everyone are lovely. There seems to be a huge difference between this and the Marriott hotel across the street in that its quieter and doesn't have the very large groups of people all over the place.

The rooms are fairly big, bedding is comfortable, be warned pillows are v soft. There is a coffeemaker, robe, free bottles of water, tea or coffeee provided too. No fridge

My peeve is the carpets are actually quite dirty and only noticed after I saw how black my toddlers feet were after she was busy walking around

Secondly out of all the days there only 1 occurence for each of us where there was no hot water. We realized it must take a while to heat up or you can't use the sink and bath at same time. This isn't a deal breaker for me as it happened for such a short period of time.

location is fantastic, walking distance to a lot of really nice restaurants. You are just on the border of french quarter and so not affected by noise at night when you are asleep.

• Stayed November 2012
Chaska, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Just back from four days at this property for business. Thus hotel is clean and updated with excellent service at every turn. The full service hotel had excellent room service for breakfast and the executive lounge had plenty of choices for both breakfast and happy hour food. the central location is ideal for checking out all the French Quarter has to offer. I also used the Serenity Spa for a 90 minute massage and Deron did an excellent job. The spa prices were about average. If I were in NOLA for pleasure, I would probably burrow further into the French Quarter, to get more of the New Orleans flavor, but for busienss thus was fine.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
victorville ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband and I travel often. It is important that we find a hotel that is comfortable, has a welcoming staff, and has enough luxury that we feel we have spent our money wisely. Upon arrival all of the staff was extremely welcoming and friendly. Gracie checked us in and gave us a beautiful room. (We were in 2610-totally spacious corner room. Our friends were in the Marriott and their rooms were tiny in comparison.) The room has all of the amenities that one would expect from the JW Marriott brand-including a refrigerator. Now let's break it down:

Location: I thought this was the perfect location. We did not rent a car, so we relied on walking and local transportation. This hotel is close to all of the dining options, Jackson Square is about a ten minute walk, and Bourbon street about a 5 minute walk. You can easily hop on the bus to take you anywhere you want to go. ($3 for the day). The street cars were not running due to construction.

Beds:The beds were comfortable and that was wonderful after our long days/nights in New Orleans. Lovely bedding. The view was fine. Slight view of the Mississippi river. Lots of tv channels!

Bathroom: Large vanity area, decent sized shower ares. The shampoo and conditioner were nice (surprising, because most hotel shampoo is gross.) The only thing I didn't like was the quality of the towels. They are a bit rough. However, the rooms come with a luxurious robe that I used everyday!

Rooms: The rooms have neutral colors and are warm and inviting. I felt that they were extremely clean and well-maintained.

The true test of any hotel-Would I stay again? I will book every time I visit New Orleans!

Room Tip: Ask for the highest room to get the best view!
Lebanon, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I spent five nights at this JW Marriott and was very unimpressed. The room I was in was small and the bathroom was very tight. The decor was bland and cold. Rooms were clean. Location was okay, but next time I would much prefer staying inside the French Quarter. I had thought that JW Marriott was a step up from the regular Marriott, but not in this case. I was disappointed that this was not a more fun and colorful hotel given its location in New Orleans. Basically, it serves a business crowd that is there for conventions. It is not a special place to stay while on vacation.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

After reading other reviews of this hotel I decided to book my recent 3 night vacation at the JW Marriott. The entire staff was extremely friendly and courteous throughout my stay. The hotel itself is very well maintained and in a terrific location. The French Quarter is right across Canal Street and the streetcars for both the Canal Street and St. Charles routes run right by the hotel. You can pretty much walk to anywhere in the French Quarter in 30 minutes or less and for just $3.00 a day purchase an all day pass on the streetcars and busses.
I stayed in a corner king room, which was decorated very nicely and was a good size. The bed and pillows were quite comfortable and there was an HD large screen tv with cable and HBO to view. Each day the maid service cleaned the room thoroughly and left a new set of towels and toiletries. The air conditioning worked quite well and the temperature in the room was always very comfortable. Besides Shula's Steakhouse in the hotel there were also a number of restaurants and fast food joints within easy walking distance from the hotel.
Prior to arriving for my visit I had emailed one of the managers at the hotel, Cole Wallace, about a special request I had and he responded back within a very short time period and was very gracious in fulfilling my request. I also contacted the concierge, Isabel, prior to my arrival about setting up a city tour for me and she also returned my email in a brief time with a number of options to choose from and once I made my choice she handled all of the arrangements. I thank them both for making my trip a very special one for both my wife and I and highly recommend this hotel to those planning on visiting New Orleans.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to JW Marriott Hotel New Orleans? Share your experiences!