“I have never had a better experience anywhere!” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Guest house   |   1003 Bourbon St., New Orleans, LA 70116   |
Ranked #38 of 144 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
La Jolla, California
“I have never had a better experience anywhere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

I previously wrote a review about my hesitation due to some bad reviews I had read about the old management and how I decided not to cancel and even got a free upgrade to a newly rennovated mansion room. Well, I am here and I could not tell you how incredible and truley unique my experience has been here! The pictures of the interior of the house do not even justify how beautiful the home is. Its magnificant! When we arrivedwe were greeted by David who was extremely polite and gave us a tour of the home and background about the history of the house. We let him know that it was our first time here and he gave us a number of really fun places and ideas to indulge in. After the tour we walked to our room #2 - absolutely breathtaking beautiful! It reminds me of an 1800's king and queen suite...its beautiful with long drapes, a chandelier, historic furniture and a bed that you sink into and never want to get out of! Not to mention - I had let them know it was our anniversary and a complimantary bottle of champaign was iced and accompanied by fresh orange juice and two glasses on our tea table. all I can say is - I am shocked and so appreciative for the experience so far here. It has been incredible...not to mention perfect location!

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Milwaukee, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

I fell in love with Laffite Guest House during my recent "girlfriends getaway" vacation from 7/19-7/22. The staff was amazing, as an avid traveler i seldom write reviews. I just had to write one for LGH. Myself and 4 friends drove 16 hours from Wisconsin to New Orleans, upon check in it felt not like we were checking into a business but that we had just arrived at a family members home. The staff was so kind, there was a guy (very cute, wondering if he is single??) who had just started working there and was being trained, every question i threw at him he graciously answered (he now knows where the iron is kept thanks to me).The kitchen was stocked and on the 2nd day after we returned from a swamp tour we found fresh squeezed OJ and Champagne in our room for Mimosas. This place is reccommended and is now my 1st choice whenever I am in NOLA.

Room Tip: any room is great, temperature in the rooms are controlled by the front desk, upon request they can...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

This guest house was lovely and the people helping you are very friendly. It was the most comfortable bed and the freshest sheets I have ever had at a hotel. It was also in a very convienent location without being in the noisy section of Burbon St.

Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

So sad to be back at work today following a wonderful 5 night stay at LGH! My daughter and I
could not have enjoyed our accomodations more, and the history behind out room (21) only made it better. The staff was lovely and gracious and we felt as though we were staying with old friends by the time we checked out. The renovations they are doing on the rooms look beautiful and we were also able to meet the new owner during our stay. As other reviewers have mentioned, the location is great. This is a perfect place to choose for a trip to New Orleans with family or friends and I will be recommending it to everyone I know. We will be back next year so save Room 21 for us!

Room Tip: The balcony in room 21 is awesome and be sure to check out the haunted history behind this room as w...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
subwaysubs, Owner at Lafitte Guest House, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thank you for the kind words! We all
Appreciate your business and look forward too
Seeing you soon.
Jackson, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

Me, my husband and our 12 year old son stayed at Lafitte a day prior to our cruise and also 2 days after. Eddie, Joanne and the rest of the staff were the best! The decor was timeless, the rooms were great and the beds were so comfy!!! I love the little extra touch of the snacks and sodas in the kitchen...I know our 12 year old did! LOL
We will definately be back to stay at Lafitte!

Nashville, Tennessee, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

This is a treasure in the French Quarter! Almost hate to write how great this place is because they will get too busy!!! If you are into "old " New Orleans...this your place! Beds were comfortable ...if you can get the little ghost to quit playing with things!!! We had a ball! Staff is great. It was pouring rain when we arrived and the owners moved cars to make room for us since I had a broken foot!!! Highly, highly recommend Lafittes!!!!

Room Tip: We had Room 35..quiet but slightly haunted!!!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I just had my bachelorette party here at this fabulous place this past weekend. Being a Louisiana native, I loved the intimacy and authentic feel to this little, lovely place. The suites were amazing and the balcony a great place to congregate and relax. Its just far enough away from the crazy part of Bourbon street to feel well rested but just a short walk to all things in the French Quarter. The staff was amazing, attentive, helpful and kind and did a great job of taking care of all our needs and making us feel comfortable and welcome. Snacks were always plentiful in the kitchen along with sodas and water. It was a great experience !!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Lafitte Guest House? Share your experiences!