“Perfect stay, wonderful and accommodating staff” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Villa Convento
616 Ursulines Street, New Orleans, LA 70116 (French Quarter)   |
Ranked #45 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Atlanta, Georgia
“Perfect stay, wonderful and accommodating staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We had a wonderful stay at the Hotel Villa Convento this past weekend. We stayed for 3 nights, and arrived in NO at 8 AM. Check in time is 2pm, but they held our bags for us and called when the room was ready around 10AM and let us check in.
The room was beautiful, we stayed in 401 and the balcony was not like the ones on the lower floor with wrought iron and street views, but gave us a private rooftop view of the city that included a small view of the bridge and river. There was slight water damage we could see on the ceiling, but no smell or other drawbacks, didn't bother us at all. The room was clean, larger than expected, cute and comfortable. The rooms come with towels, soap and linens but no shampoo so bring your own. Also, in our room the elevator was very loud. Didn't keep me from sleeping though.
There were sodas and snacks available for sale in the lobby. We had experiences with Warren, Barbara and Vince at the desk, and they couldn't have been more helpful or accommodating. From ghost stories, to cab calls, and personal favors, they were amazing.
We will definitely be back to the Hotel Villa Convento.

Room Tip: 401's balcony is larger than the ones below, but is surrounded by roof (as opposed to wrought ir...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Luray, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Vince and Warren were terrific and really made the stay special. We only stayed one night at the hotel going by some trip adivisor mixed reviews. The hotel was right in the heart of French quarter and super handy location. It was a Creole Townhouse which we wanted. Our room with the balcony overlooking the street was very quiet. The place needed some serious rehabilitation. The walls needed painting and the floor felt old and worn. The worst part really was the bathroom with cracks and dried water leaking spots. I believe it wouldn't have taken that much to take care of that situation. Also, the toilet did not flush very well. We really enjoyed our stay but so glad it was only one night and not the whole week. The bakery across the street sold me. It was fabulous! French as in Paris...

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My daughter and I came there to celebrate her 19th birthday. Barbara and her husband were amazing. They helped with our car, her husband took photos of my daughter and I, and Barbara came to our room to see our outfits. We loved the hotel but most of all, the staff. We will be returning there for New Years.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My experience was wonderful from the time I made my reservation up to the time I checked out. All of the Quarter hotels were booked, including Convento, so I emailed and asked to put on a waiting list. Warren contacted me immediately and told me he just had a cancellation and put me in a balcony suite for the same price as a smaller room. Barbara was there when I checked in and was there when I left. She gave me a hug good-bye as though I was family. Warren and Vince were there during the evenings and gave me directions to wherever I needed to go. The patissierie across the street serves the best French pastries I ever had outside of France. The French Market and Cafe DuMond are both just steps away. I highly recommend and will make this quaint and charming hotel my "go to" inn every time I'm in NOLA. Again, the staff is courteous, kind, patient, helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: I was in a 4th floor balcony suite - it's supposed to be haunted, but I slept so soundly, I didn...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Usa, Japan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

We keep comming back to best little hotel in the quarter. It is strategically located 4 blocks from Frenchmen St, 1.5 block from Bourbon and Decatur in a quiet neiborhood. It is across the street from Crossant D'or so your breakfast and lunch needs are met. It as a lovely courtyard area for meeting new friends.
It is impossible what someone wrote about rude staff everyone is extremely friendly - maybe they mistook this hotel for someplace else.
This is an old building with period peice furniture and plumbing do not come if you expect brand new stuff and instant hot water. There are lots of stairs and a very old small elevator.

• Stayed November 2012
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

All the rooms are different with their own character. We originally booked only a month ahead but were not able to get a room for our full stay due to a big convention in town. But the desk clerk Barbara was wonderful and found us a room for the entire stay. She is so great! There is no restaurant or pool on site but a great French Bakery across the street for a continental breakfast. This was our second visit here and we are very happy about our experience.

Room Tip: Talk to Barbara the best desk clerk there - Warren Campo (from the owner's family) should pay he...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Our room was great! We had a great time! Very good location in the middle of everything near Jackson square and the French Quarter. Barbara was at the front desk, super friendly and accommodating. She helped us find everything and made sure we had everything we needed. I would recommend this place to everyone. Very good value and worth every penny !!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Villa Convento? Share your experiences!