“Very pleasant stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental New Orleans

You added InterContinental New Orleans to your Saves list
InterContinental New Orleans
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   444 St. Charles Ave., New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #8 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersBronze level
San Antonio, Texas
“Very pleasant stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Spent one night here before moving to stay with a friend who has a house in NOLA. Overall, had a very nice stay. Room was clean, relatively spacious, and well decorated for a corporate hotel. Staff very nice. We really appreciated the free wifi as that is not a given at a hotel like this. Lobby space well designed. Overall, nothing to complain about and the location is certainly convenient. Corporate hotels don't excite me (I spend enough time in them for work) so it's hard to get me to rate on 5*. But this is certainly a very well run property.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This hotel is conveniently located in downtown New \Orleans within walking distance to the French Quarter as well as Canal Street shopping. Hotel is super clean and room was large and well appointed. Staff was friendly and helpful. Didn't mind the $39.95 valet parking per night because once the vehicle is parked, you can walk anywhere you want to go and not have to call for the car numerous times. The French Quarter is close, as is the shopping area at the end of Canal Street. The city felt safe and it was pretty clean, considering there was a big event, Royal Street Stroll, the night I arrived. It was like a street party. Enjoyed my short stay and will definitely return!

Room Tip: The higher floors are better and quieter. New Orleans has a lively nightlife!
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
RomanoGM, General Manager at InterContinental New Orleans, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Cheryl R,

Thank you very much for the glowing 5 star review of our hotel. We appreciate that you took the time to write about your experience and our service. Please tell your friends and return very soon to visit.

Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I called the morning of my arrival. I spoke with Natalie. I called with a very unusual request to have my TV removed from my room prior to arrival. Natalie did not ask me any questions whatsoever. She just informed me the TV would not be in my room when I arrived....sure enough when I checked-in around 8pm that night, the TV was not in my room. I'm glad every employee at every hotel is not as efficient at their job as Natalie.....if they were this hotel would not stick out for me. The renovations are remarkable and the room was extremely spacious. Thank you for a great stay. To top that off, the day of my departure the General Manager was standing in the lobby greeting, welcoming, and thanking guests as they walked by........1st class hotel.
David T.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Dear David T,

Thank you very much for the 5 star review of our hotel. We appreciate that you took the time to write about your experience and the service provided to you by Natalie. It was really great visiting with you in the lobby on the day of your departure. Please tell your friends and return very soon to visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

My boyfriend and I came to stay at the Intercontinental for 2 nights to celebrate my birthday. This hotel is gorgeous! The room was nice and we loved the huge balcony. Nice bathroom and decorations, I can't think of any problems that we had with our room. On the 15th floor, there is a gym as well as a outdoor rooftop pool. I worked out at the gym one of the days and I went to the pool every day. Unfortunately, it was pretty cloudy for the period of our stay, but I was able to relax on the lounge chairs outside. Luckily, on the last day before we left the sun came out and I was able to go for a little swim. The pool area is small but its nice. All of the staff we met were friendly and helpful.We didn't eat at the two restaurants, looked at one of their menus and It was too expensive. Also the room service menu is pretty pricy but I guess that's to be expected. The valet was $39 a day so we just self parked instead. We were able to walk everywhere because the hotel is close to everything. Also, from our room we could hear the streetcar going by a lot, its a little noisy but not too bad. Great place to stay, you won't be disappointed!

Dear Rchamb5,

Happy Birthday. Thank you for choosing to celebrate your special day with us and the very nice 5 star review of our hotel. We appreciate that you took the time to write about your experience and our service. Please tell your friends and return very soon to visit.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We just came back from a wonderful weekend stay at the IntercoTtinental New Orleans. The hotel just completed a total renovation and it is fabulous in every way. The rooms are large and bright and have every amenity you could possibly want. The gym is very well equipped and the hotel even has a swimming pool. What I liked best about the hotel was the service. Everyone from the Doorman to the General Manager introduced themselves to us and wanted to know what they could do to enhance our stay. They have a wine tasting at the Bar at 6 PM where you can chat with other guests and we had a chance to meet up with John Romano the General Manager, Frank Hess the Director of Operations, and Ronnell Williams the Front Office Manager. They could not have been nicer or more accommodating. I had asked them to put some in my room and they even went out and purchased what they did not have. They went above and beyond to assure that we were happy. I highly recommend this fine hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite or a room with a balcony facing the courtyard.
Dear mr20022015,

Thank you very much for the glowing 5 star review of our hotel. We appreciate that you took the time to write about your experience and our service. Our leaders, Frank, Brett and Ronnell do a great job providing service for our guests. We enjoyed getting to know you and your family during your stay. It was a very special occasion with the graduation of your grandchild from Tulane. Please tell your friends and return very soon to visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

The New Orleans Intercontinental got a thorough facelift a few yrs ago, and nothing was overlooked in the extensive process. Rooms are large and furnishings are appropriately upscale in the spacious surroundings. The bed was comfortable and, combined with the quiet atmosphere, made for a great night's rest. Our room had a deep balcony with table and chairs overlooking the art-filled courtyard. Every expected accommodation for a hotel of this calibre is present, including a Keurig coffee maker. Even though the hotel was full on May 16, the room was noiseless and restful.

For dining, Trenasse just off the beautifully-appointed lobby is beyond compare, quite unexpected for in-house dining. With an extensive menu including a large variety of seafood dishes, there is something for every discriminating palette at moderate prices. The casually upscale atmosphere along with excellent service make dining at Trenasse a delightful experience. I look forward to my next opportunity for a getaway to New Orleans' incredible Intercontinental.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Sailnman,

Thank you very much for the glowing 5 star review of our hotel. We appreciate that you took the time to write about your experience and our service. Our signature restaurant Trenasse is the city's newest up and coming place to experience an outstanding meal. Please tell your friends and return very soon to visit.

england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Very nice hotel.Location is excellent 10 min walk to Beale Street Attractions.Rooms in hotel were very big spotless clean bed really comfy bathroom with walk in shower and toiletrees.Coffee machine in room. We even had balcony butnot really much use as look onto other rooms.Staff were reallt friendly helpful. Only thing which was bit problem was not enough room in front of hotel for taxi to get up from small area and id you want a taxi just go on the road there are lots in rank there.There is a little shop over road were you can bits from even coffee if you wanted. Starbucks 3 mins away. Really good stay would go back again.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
RomanoGM, General Manager at InterContinental New Orleans, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear toucher,

Thank you very much for the glowing 5 star review of our hotel. We appreciate that you took the time to write about your experience and the particular friendly service provided by our staff. Please take the time to tell your friends and we hope that you return very soon to visit.

John Romano

Been to InterContinental New Orleans? Share your experiences!