“Fantastic hotel and staff !!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental New Orleans

You added InterContinental New Orleans to your Saves list
InterContinental New Orleans
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   444 St. Charles Ave., New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #8 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersBronze level
Fort Worth, Texas
“Fantastic hotel and staff !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I called the morning of my arrival. I spoke with Natalie. I called with a very unusual request to have my TV removed from my room prior to arrival. Natalie did not ask me any questions whatsoever. She just informed me the TV would not be in my room when I arrived....sure enough when I checked-in around 8pm that night, the TV was not in my room. I'm glad every employee at every hotel is not as efficient at their job as Natalie.....if they were this hotel would not stick out for me. The renovations are remarkable and the room was extremely spacious. Thank you for a great stay. To top that off, the day of my departure the General Manager was standing in the lobby greeting, welcoming, and thanking guests as they walked by........1st class hotel.
David T.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My boyfriend and I came to stay at the Intercontinental for 2 nights to celebrate my birthday. This hotel is gorgeous! The room was nice and we loved the huge balcony. Nice bathroom and decorations, I can't think of any problems that we had with our room. On the 15th floor, there is a gym as well as a outdoor rooftop pool. I worked out at the gym one of the days and I went to the pool every day. Unfortunately, it was pretty cloudy for the period of our stay, but I was able to relax on the lounge chairs outside. Luckily, on the last day before we left the sun came out and I was able to go for a little swim. The pool area is small but its nice. All of the staff we met were friendly and helpful.We didn't eat at the two restaurants, looked at one of their menus and It was too expensive. Also the room service menu is pretty pricy but I guess that's to be expected. The valet was $39 a day so we just self parked instead. We were able to walk everywhere because the hotel is close to everything. Also, from our room we could hear the streetcar going by a lot, its a little noisy but not too bad. Great place to stay, you won't be disappointed!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We just came back from a wonderful weekend stay at the IntercoTtinental New Orleans. The hotel just completed a total renovation and it is fabulous in every way. The rooms are large and bright and have every amenity you could possibly want. The gym is very well equipped and the hotel even has a swimming pool. What I liked best about the hotel was the service. Everyone from the Doorman to the General Manager introduced themselves to us and wanted to know what they could do to enhance our stay. They have a wine tasting at the Bar at 6 PM where you can chat with other guests and we had a chance to meet up with John Romano the General Manager, Frank Hess the Director of Operations, and Ronnell Williams the Front Office Manager. They could not have been nicer or more accommodating. I had asked them to put some in my room and they even went out and purchased what they did not have. They went above and beyond to assure that we were happy. I highly recommend this fine hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite or a room with a balcony facing the courtyard.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

The New Orleans Intercontinental got a thorough facelift a few yrs ago, and nothing was overlooked in the extensive process. Rooms are large and furnishings are appropriately upscale in the spacious surroundings. The bed was comfortable and, combined with the quiet atmosphere, made for a great night's rest. Our room had a deep balcony with table and chairs overlooking the art-filled courtyard. Every expected accommodation for a hotel of this calibre is present, including a Keurig coffee maker. Even though the hotel was full on May 16, the room was noiseless and restful.

For dining, Trenasse just off the beautifully-appointed lobby is beyond compare, quite unexpected for in-house dining. With an extensive menu including a large variety of seafood dishes, there is something for every discriminating palette at moderate prices. The casually upscale atmosphere along with excellent service make dining at Trenasse a delightful experience. I look forward to my next opportunity for a getaway to New Orleans' incredible Intercontinental.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
england
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Very nice hotel.Location is excellent 10 min walk to Beale Street Attractions.Rooms in hotel were very big spotless clean bed really comfy bathroom with walk in shower and toiletrees.Coffee machine in room. We even had balcony butnot really much use as look onto other rooms.Staff were reallt friendly helpful. Only thing which was bit problem was not enough room in front of hotel for taxi to get up from small area and id you want a taxi just go on the road there are lots in rank there.There is a little shop over road were you can bits from even coffee if you wanted. Starbucks 3 mins away. Really good stay would go back again.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
RomanoGM, General Manager at InterContinental New Orleans, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear toucher,

Thank you very much for the glowing 5 star review of our hotel. We appreciate that you took the time to write about your experience and the particular friendly service provided by our staff. Please take the time to tell your friends and we hope that you return very soon to visit.

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I am a singer and do a lot of traveling, and I can honestly say this may be the best hotel I've ever visited. Just two short blocks to Canal Street and the French Quarter, but for those of us who aren't there just to get fall-down-drunk, it's safely removed from the noisy crowds (the guests here also tend to be quieter, professional types rather than drunken party animals who keep you awake all night). Also within easy walking distance of Harrah's casino, the aquarium, the park where the steamboat docks, and much more. We stayed six nights, still didn't get to all the attractions within walking distance, and never had to rent a car.

As for the hotel itself, rooms are large and beautiful with private terraces (see photo). Bed was big, soft and comfy. There was a desk with a work lamp and a retractable power station with various device plug-ins. There was a big picture window on one wall and sliding glass doors on the other for maximum views, but with thick sliding drapes that completely shut out sunlight for sleeping late. There was also a NY Times outside the door every day. Best of all for me, the bathroom vanity had excellent lighting with an extendable makeup mirror. Most hotel bathrooms have ghastly lighting. I told my husband this was the first hotel bathroom vanity I'd ever seen that seemed to have actually been designed by a woman!

The entire hotel was immaculately clean. There are great restaurants in the hotel and all around it. The staff was very helpful and friendly. When we first checked in, we asked the desk clerk where the nearest drug store was because we'd forgotten to bring toothbrushes. He reached until the counter and handed us two complimentary dental kits, containing toothbrushes, floss and a mini-tube of Colgate. How's that for service? As we were heading to the elevator, we passed a manager who was giving out free samples of several wines. After a long day of travel, that was very appreciated.

Over our stay, I got to know that particular manager, and when he found out we hadn't been able to visit a particular historic site we wanted to see, and that it was closed on our last day there, he got on the phone, pulled some strings, and got us a brief private visit. I wouldn't expect that as a regular service, but it shows how far above and beyond that the staff will go to help out a guest.

The last time we were in NOLA, we stayed at the Royal Sonesta on Bourbon Street, and loved it. But from now on, I think I'll stick with the Intercontinental. It combines all the best things about a NOLA stay - very friendly and helpful staff, great food and drinks, luxurious accommodations, and close proximity to all the partying and tourist attractions -- but just far enough removed to get a quiet night's sleep.

Room Tip: Our room was at the end of the hall, far from elevator and ice machine. It's a long walk from t...
Green Features: Good, they give you a choice of when to change sheets, etc., to save water & power.
Dear NourishingGrace,

Thank you very much for the glowing 5 star review of our hotel. We appreciate that you took the time to write about your experience and the particular friendly service provided by Ronnell Williams. We are so proud to have him leading our Guest Services and training. Please take the time to tell your friends and we hope that you return very soon to visit.

NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My family and I recently stayed at the Intercontinental New Orleans during a graduation weekend for a nearby university. Upon hearing of their recent completion of renovations (early 2015), I decided on staying at the Intercontinental versus several other 4- and 5-star hotels in the city, and I can confidently say that this hotel is luxury at its finest.

First, I would like to compliment Mr. Ronnell Williams who is the Guest Experience Manager. When I contacted the hotel to make a request, he responded to me quickly and went out of his way to make sure that we would enjoy our stay.

I think it has an ideal location in New Orleans. It's only about 3 blocks from the edge of the French Quarter. Given that I had a toddler, it was nice to be away from the noise and revelry of Bourbon Street, yet close enough to be able to walk there and to any restaurant in the French Quarter. Also, since I had to be at the Superdome for graduation activities, it was an easy drive there (and I could have even walked the 15 minutes to get there). It was also an easy walk to the Children's Museum, St. Patrick's Church, and the WWII Museum. So basically, the Intercontinental was near everything where I needed/wanted to be.

The hotel building itself is a more modern construction. The lobby is inviting, and upon entering the hotel, wonderful aromas came from the restaurant Trenasse located on the first floor. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to dine there, but maybe next time. We did valet parking, which is expensive at $39.99 plus taxes per night. Check-in was easy enough (even granted an early check-in), and we then proceeded to our suite on the 14th floor, which was the highest floor with guest rooms. There are four elevators, all of which moved fast. Your room key is needed to activate the elevator, which I thought was a good security feature. From our room on the 14th floor, we heard absolutely no street noise, so I would recommend requesting a high floor. The rooms were well-decorated with high-end furnishings. I don't know how it looked before the renovations, but I couldn't find any fault with the appearance. The rooms also felt very solid, and I couldn't hear any of the other guests. The suite had a separate living area, balcony, small hallway, kitchenette, bathroom, and bedroom, and the entire suite had incredible views spanning New Orleans. The balcony was a wonderful space to enjoy the provided Keurig coffee in the morning. The bathroom had modern tile and a great shower (though no bathtub). I didn't experience any of the knocking pipes that other reviewers have mentioned. The bed was comfortable and we all slept very well.

The top 15th floor was where the fitness center and swimming pool was located. The fitness center was one of the larger ones I've seen in a big city hotel with several machines, though I didn't use any. The pool is outdoors on the rooftop. It's not large nor heated, but my toddler still had a blast there.

The only issue during my stay was with the air conditioning in the bedroom. The fan was blowing, but the air wasn't cool. A call down to the front desk sent an engineer up the first day who claimed that it was fixed, but it wasn't. A call down on the second day of our stay finally corrected the issue. Also, I didn't get a chance to test the wi-fi, so I can't comment on that. Wi-fi access was free, however (though that might have been a result of being a member of the IHG program).

Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Intercontinental. It is worthy of five stars, and it will be our top choice whenever we return to New Orleans.

Room Tip: Floors 11 and above are quiet and have great views
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family
Dear NourishingGrace,

John Romano

Been to InterContinental New Orleans? Share your experiences!