“Jazz Fest 2015” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental New Orleans

You added InterContinental New Orleans to your Saves list
InterContinental New Orleans
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   444 St. Charles Ave., New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #10 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersBronze level
Grand Junction, Colorado
“Jazz Fest 2015”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My daughters and I had a fine experience the weekend of the 2015 NOL Heritage & Jazz Festival.
The beautifully decorated room was quiet & comfortable with plenty of space for each of us and our luggage.
All of the employees beginning at check in,& those we met throughout our stay were fabulous, cheerful, and helpful. The complimentary buffet breakfast was a real treat with a vast selection of hot and cold foods including custom omelets to lox. The food was fresh w blue berries, raspberries, and more types of fruit Also the miniature waffles were delicious..The wait people were terrific and helpful and John who prepared the custom omelets was outstanding. He was fun and a terrific cook. His omelets were super. The buffet served many choices of delicious foods...something for everyone. The hotel also has a good restaurant. After a long day at the Festival we had a delicious late dinner there . It was excellent including both service and food.

Green Features: options of reusing towels & housekeeping options
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Edmonds, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

As an Intercontinental Ambassador I have stayed at my fair share of Intercontinental Hotels, and although the property itself was very nice, the folks working here lacked even the most basic hospitality skills. I was only here for one night, but over and over again disappointed by the staff who couldn't seem to get anything right. Even after calling ahead twice to make sure my reservation was correct, it was still wrong when we arrived and only went downhill from there. To make matters worse, when checking out I was given a quick survey asking about my visit; I rated it poorly and was then asked if I wanted to be contacted by a manager about my visit. I said yes, but even after two weeks nobody has attempted to get in touch with me.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Gurgaon, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This was a tough review to write

On one hand we got fabulous service from the front office staff who were courteous, helpful, ever smiling and just wonderfully attentive. Whenever we called guest services we were attended to promptly.

The hotel is very well located and easily accessible and a short walk from everywhere

What did not work? Well the housekeeping was poor. The floors were badly swept and glasses not always cleaned or replaced. The soap was of poor quality and not of the standard one would expect from a hotel chain of this repute. If we had a hot shower the pipes became quite noisy. The electrical circuits buzzed merrily through the day making quite a noise sometimes.

These are areas for improvement for this otherwise good hotel

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

We have been staying at the Inercontinental for the last nine years. The location is great, super easy access to anywhere you want to go! The rooms are amazing but the staff is spectacular! I've traveled around the world and never met people that work as hard to make this the best stay of your life! Kristen G., Newport Beach, CA

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
RomanoGM, General Manager at InterContinental New Orleans, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Kristen G (KO1968),

Thank you very much for the glowing 5 star review of our hotel for your Jazz Fest stay. We appreciate that you took the time to write about your experience and your loyalty of the last decade. Please tell your friends and return very soon to visit.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

I wrote a review of my stay at this hotel that I was very disappointed hearing car audio from my room on the 16th floor. Many Trip Advisor reviews are completely ignored by management but not at the Intercontinental Hotel New Orleans. Mr. Romano not only acknowledged my review but graciously offered to as we say "save the sell". Rather than leave me with a bitter taste regarding the matter, he asked for the opportunity to have a second chance for a first impression.

When it comes to making sure your guests walk away with the "can't wait to return" frame of mind it takes management that cares. I wholeheartedly endorse this hotel and all of it's staff as professional to the utmost. Most definitely, I will return.

Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Dear M B,

Thank you very much for the very nice 5 star review of our hotel. We appreciate that you took the time to write about your experience and our service recovery. Please tell your friends and return very soon to visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

This hotel have lots to offer. It's a short walk to all the action; it's a comfortable stay for couples or a family and to top it off the resturant Trenasse was great. Literally you are two blocks from Canal Street and four blocks from Bourbon. The front desk to the room service was great. We didn't get our rooms cleaned but the front desk still called and asked if we needed anything. GREAT SERVICE!! As for the resturant; try the breakfast hash, frog legs, the Benny, Benny, Benny and alligator wraps. We will stay here again...

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Latoya A,

Thank you very much for the glowing 5 star review of our hotel. We appreciate that you took the time to write about your experience and our service. Our signature restaurant Trenasse is the city's newest up and coming place to experience an outstanding meal. Please tell your friends and return very soon to visit.

Coral Springs, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at the InterContinental in New Orleans for a week. The stay was related to a conference and I was pleasant surprised with the hotel. Generally I stay at another name brand hotel but I will consider the InterContinental next time. The hotel is located within a few minute walk to canal and then over into the French Quarter. There is a very good restaurant across the street from the hotel (Luke) which is reviewed separately. The hotel bar and restaurant have good drink choices at good prices with a great Happy Hour selection of Aps. We ate at the bar one night and had one of the best crawfish pies ever. It was a special so it may not be on the menu.

Check in was fast and they had a room ready at 11 am. My room was very clean and the bathroom was large. The bed was very comfortable and the view down on the city was nice. Only complaint was the wifi, it was horrible but free.I used my phone as a hot spot instead.

Some of the staff were a little pert but for the most past most staff I encountered were pleasant and helpful.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
RomanoGM, General Manager at InterContinental New Orleans, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear TonyK1968,

Thank you for your review of the hotel. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I hope that you will return soon and tell your friends about us. We certainly would like an opportunity to earn that last star.

John Romano

Been to InterContinental New Orleans? Share your experiences!