“I expected better” 3 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental New Orleans

You added InterContinental New Orleans to your Saves list
InterContinental New Orleans
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   444 St. Charles Ave., New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #9 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersBronze level
Gurgaon, India
“I expected better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This was a tough review to write

On one hand we got fabulous service from the front office staff who were courteous, helpful, ever smiling and just wonderfully attentive. Whenever we called guest services we were attended to promptly.

The hotel is very well located and easily accessible and a short walk from everywhere

What did not work? Well the housekeeping was poor. The floors were badly swept and glasses not always cleaned or replaced. The soap was of poor quality and not of the standard one would expect from a hotel chain of this repute. If we had a hot shower the pipes became quite noisy. The electrical circuits buzzed merrily through the day making quite a noise sometimes.

These are areas for improvement for this otherwise good hotel

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

We have been staying at the Inercontinental for the last nine years. The location is great, super easy access to anywhere you want to go! The rooms are amazing but the staff is spectacular! I've traveled around the world and never met people that work as hard to make this the best stay of your life! Kristen G., Newport Beach, CA

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
RomanoGM, General Manager at InterContinental New Orleans, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Kristen G (KO1968),

Thank you very much for the glowing 5 star review of our hotel for your Jazz Fest stay. We appreciate that you took the time to write about your experience and your loyalty of the last decade. Please tell your friends and return very soon to visit.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

I wrote a review of my stay at this hotel that I was very disappointed hearing car audio from my room on the 16th floor. Many Trip Advisor reviews are completely ignored by management but not at the Intercontinental Hotel New Orleans. Mr. Romano not only acknowledged my review but graciously offered to as we say "save the sell". Rather than leave me with a bitter taste regarding the matter, he asked for the opportunity to have a second chance for a first impression.

When it comes to making sure your guests walk away with the "can't wait to return" frame of mind it takes management that cares. I wholeheartedly endorse this hotel and all of it's staff as professional to the utmost. Most definitely, I will return.

Stayed February 2015, traveled solo
Dear M B,

Thank you very much for the very nice 5 star review of our hotel. We appreciate that you took the time to write about your experience and our service recovery. Please tell your friends and return very soon to visit.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

This hotel have lots to offer. It's a short walk to all the action; it's a comfortable stay for couples or a family and to top it off the resturant Trenasse was great. Literally you are two blocks from Canal Street and four blocks from Bourbon. The front desk to the room service was great. We didn't get our rooms cleaned but the front desk still called and asked if we needed anything. GREAT SERVICE!! As for the resturant; try the breakfast hash, frog legs, the Benny, Benny, Benny and alligator wraps. We will stay here again...

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Latoya A,

Thank you very much for the glowing 5 star review of our hotel. We appreciate that you took the time to write about your experience and our service. Our signature restaurant Trenasse is the city's newest up and coming place to experience an outstanding meal. Please tell your friends and return very soon to visit.

Coral Springs, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I stayed at the InterContinental in New Orleans for a week. The stay was related to a conference and I was pleasant surprised with the hotel. Generally I stay at another name brand hotel but I will consider the InterContinental next time. The hotel is located within a few minute walk to canal and then over into the French Quarter. There is a very good restaurant across the street from the hotel (Luke) which is reviewed separately. The hotel bar and restaurant have good drink choices at good prices with a great Happy Hour selection of Aps. We ate at the bar one night and had one of the best crawfish pies ever. It was a special so it may not be on the menu.

Check in was fast and they had a room ready at 11 am. My room was very clean and the bathroom was large. The bed was very comfortable and the view down on the city was nice. Only complaint was the wifi, it was horrible but free.I used my phone as a hot spot instead.

Some of the staff were a little pert but for the most past most staff I encountered were pleasant and helpful.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
RomanoGM, General Manager at InterContinental New Orleans, responded to this review, 5 days ago
Dear TonyK1968,

Thank you for your review of the hotel. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I hope that you will return soon and tell your friends about us. We certainly would like an opportunity to earn that last star.

Oak Forest, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I like the location of this hotel since it was at the edge of the business district and close to the French Quarter, so I could explore both areas. It rained the whole time I was there, so I am trying not to let that dampen my experience, but I was kind of annoyed with the slow restaurant services at the hotel. We waited for a while to be noticed at Trenasse to get a table, when we were finally seated we decided it was just too noisy and left. Pete's restaurant was also slow for breakfast, but not because they were busy. I'm not sure why, maybe it's a New Orleans thing to be laissez-faire with their customers, but I was in a hurry since I was there for a conference. I also did not like the very slow free Wi-Fi and found it annoying that they had a better service that you would have to pay for. I was there for a work conference and the free Wi-Fi was one of the reasons I had chosen this hotel. It would have also been helpful to have a book in the room of the amenities, like the hours for the gym, the restaurants, what's on the menu. Room service was quick, but the food (dessert) was just blah. Most hotels have one, so maybe this room was just missing its copy. Also I am still waiting for my receipt, which I have called and emailed to request and am still waiting for.
All my complaints aside, it was a clean and comfortable room and I really liked the décor. Everyone was friendly and nice, in spite of my grumpy demeanor. It might have been more pleasant if I hadn't been there for a work conference. I think another entrance at the south of the building would have helped as well since I was often walking from that direction at the Convention Center.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dear Tina S,

Thank you for your review of the hotel. We are constantly evaluating the level of internet that we offer free. Since HSIA is a finite resource, the free internet is just to keep in touch via email. We have many options and speeds for downloading or streaming videos. We will private message you to ensure that you get your receipt. I hope that you will return soon.

Washington, DC
2,477 helpful votes 2,477 helpful votes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The only reason this hotel got 4 stars from me is because I wasn't impressed with the lobby when I arrived and was beginning to have second thoughts about booking this property. But,once inside my room those thoughts quickly vanished as I was overwhelmingly impressed with the luxurious furnishings, amenities and maintenance,especially considering this isn't a new hotel. In addition, the hotel is an easy walk to the French Quarter (but far enough away from the noise and crowds on Bourbon Street) or downtown if you're here on business. The internet was somewhat slow when I first arrived, which was near the end of a business day, but as it got later into the evening it was quick and reliable, probably because of less traffic. Would definitely consider staying here again on my next visit to Nawlins!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
RomanoGM, General Manager at InterContinental New Orleans, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear romadaro,

Thank you for the review of our hotel. We appreciate that you took the time to write about your experience. Please tell your friends and return very soon to visit. We sure would like another opportunity to earn that last star.

John Romano

Been to InterContinental New Orleans? Share your experiences!