“Extraordinary In All Ways” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental New Orleans

You added InterContinental New Orleans to your Saves list
InterContinental New Orleans
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   444 St. Charles Ave., New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #8 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersBronze level
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Extraordinary In All Ways”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We had travelled extensively, but never visited New Orleans. We debated staying in the French Quarter but chose the Intercontinental based on excellent reviews. We stayed two nights a few days after Mardi Gras, and it was the perfect choice. With the exception of the viewing stands still on the street, you would never gave guessed there was a huge party and parade two days earlier. Every aspect of the facility was beautiful--from the lobby to the expansive exercise center to our bathroom. The staff was universally professional, welcoming and helpful: the bellman, valet parking, concierge, and especially Anthony and Salman at the registration desk. Our room was spacious with new, beautiful furnishings, a most comfy king bed, lovely linens and a great view of the city. We really appreciated the easy-to-use safe, robe, separate bath/toilet and sink areas, and Keurig coffee maker. I repeatedly told my husband I felt constantly pampered--even the toiletries were generous and top-of-the-line. The location is perfect--away from the constant hustle and bustle of Bourbon Street but only a 3-block walk away. Also an easy walk to all the famous sight-seeing spots in the French Quarter, the mule-drawn carriages, tourist bus tours, cable car stops and the World War II Museum (a MUST see!). Dozens of wonderful restaurants within a few blocks, and we also highly recommend the Hotel restaurant (Trenasse). Excellent food at reasonable prices and terrific service. We thought this long-overdue trip to the Big Easy would be a "one and done," but we now agree a few nights at this hotel must be an annual event for at least the next few years.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The service was outstanding from the bellman, to the front desk to housekeeping to the food and beverage team. They all went out of their way to share a smile, greet with you with an uplifting hello and enjoy you were taken care of. They ensured I had a fabulous conference and great stay.

The hotel itself was centrally located to be close to everything in town. The rooms were over-sized and extremely clean! I wish I could have taken the comfortable bed home with me! The food in the lounge was top-notch, along with the drinks!

The hotel made my conference and my stay away from home truly amazing! I would recommend this property to EVERYONE!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
RomanoGM, General Manager at InterContinental New Orleans, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Kohmart,

Thank you for your 5 star review of our hotel. We deeply appreciate your feedback from the conference that you attended. Please tell your friends about us. We hope to see you back very soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The Intercontinental is located conveniently in the middle of the CBD & The French Quarter. Most of the things people come to NOLA are within walking distance. If you need to go further, the trolley system is excellent and the St. Charles line runs right in front of the hotel. As for the street noise, it is a major city so you're going to have that anywhere. Enjoy the wonderful service provided by a great staff.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Bidredtomato,

Thank you for your 5 star review of our hotel. We deeply appreciate your feedback. Please tell your friends about us. We hope to see you back very soon.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This is a very nicely appointed hotel. It is a couple of blocks off of canal st and 4 blocks to Bourbon St so reasonably convenient and quiet. I was really satisfied except for the knocking pipes which was quite annoying and should be fixed. I am sure people have complained.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
RomanoGM, General Manager at InterContinental New Orleans, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Jim_T068,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We deeply appreciate your feedback. The air hammer noise that is occasionally heard by our guests is a pressure problem that we are in the process of repairing.

I hope that you will return to our hotel so that we will have the chance to earn that 5th star.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I was there visiting a friend for 2 nights on points. I was amazed to discover how clearly I could hear car audio from my room on the 16th FLOOR!!! When the hotel was built I know loud car audio I hesitate to call music was not the societal problem it is today so they did not sound proof the rooms accordingly but, I felt as if I was paying to be miserable even on points.

• Stayed June 2014
Dear M B,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am very sorry that you heard the noises of our busy city and that it interrupted your rest. I promise that if you return, we will put on the quiet side of the building. In addition, if you contact me via email john.romano@icneworleans.com I will make it right on your IHG points that you stayed with us on.

I look forward to hearing from you.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

It was a very nice hotel excellent staff 1 block away from Burbon street. However, we had the king standard room and it is very small for the amount of money they charge. I wouldn't recommend driving your car if you're not touring the entire city because valet parking is $44 a night. Also make sure you take your own regular sodas with you because a bottle of water in the room is $7 and can drinks (sprite, coca-cola etc..) is $4. I would recommend this hotel!! But I seriously think they should reconsider their prices because you're only paying for location.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
RomanoGM, General Manager at InterContinental New Orleans, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Chandread,

Thank you for your review of the hotel. We appreciate your feedback. We are constantly shopping our pricing to ensure that we are competitive with all of the luxury hotels in our neighborhood and market. We hope that you will return soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

The intercontinental is the place to stay in New Orleans. I stayed for 5 nights over Mardi Gras weekend. The hotel is beautifully remodeled, staff is wonderful and the environment is great. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed February 2015
Dear Bpendergast,

Thank you for your glowing 5 star review of our property. 5 nights for Mardi Gras is hard to beat. I sure hope that you tell your friends. Please don't wait till next Mardi Gras to visit us again.

John Romano

Been to InterContinental New Orleans? Share your experiences!