“Beautiful Rooms” 4 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental New Orleans

Save Saved
You added InterContinental New Orleans to your Saves list
InterContinental New Orleans
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   444 St. Charles Ave., New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #97 of 153 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersBronze level
Austin, Texas
“Beautiful Rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Hotel is decorated beautifully. Rooms are gorgeous and clean. While making reservations, we were not informed that the hotel was under construction nor that there is no parking available other than valet for $45/day. Luckily there were open parking spaces in the Public Parking lot next to the hotel for $30/day. Management discounted our room rate in consideration for the construction noise after we complained. All in all...the stay was pleasant.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
RomanoGM, General Manager at InterContinental New Orleans, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Ford S,

Thank you for your review of our property. We are pleased that you liked the newly renovated rooms and lobby. We hope that you tell your friends and return real soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Clarksville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My wife and I visited in September we stayed here for 3 nights prior to the visit I read post online about the construction renovation and issues with the hotel.
Please ignore those posts.
This hotel is fabulous the service from check in to check out was superb our room was luxurious not a fault to be found at this property. Thank you for making our visit wonderful. As for parking do not use valet but park at the Harrahs casino 3 blocks away free 24 hour parking with 30 minutes of game time. If you are visiting you will walk everywhere anyway so you don't need your vehicle. This will be our go to hotel for any future visits

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Raymond L,

Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

our first trip to New Orleans and it was so good. the hotel was fabulous. we were given a newly refurbished room and we were not disappointed in any way. the bed and pillows were so comfortable we slept like babies. the hotel lobby etc were also beautifully furnished. also it is just 2 blocks from Bourbon St and there are some lovely shops 1 block away. If you go to N.O. dont forget to try the amazing beignets (donuts). they are to die for!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Lynn F,

Thank you for your 5 star review of our property. We are pleased that you liked the newly renovated rooms and lobby. Please tell your friends and return soon.
Chicago, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We were within walking distance to all of the popular places to eat and party, and only a short can ride away from the rest of the whole city! Quite beautiful inside, and a little biddy told me that CERTAIN NFL teams stay here regularly before games! ;)

Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
RomanoGM, General Manager at InterContinental New Orleans, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Sharon C,

Thank you for your review of the property. We hope that you return many times in the future. We will see you in Chicago on December 15th at 7:30.
Omaha, NE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel was going through a little remodel but what a great location and design. I've stayed at only one other InterrContinental and that was in NYC. This was every bit as nice and about 1/4 of the price. It was only a couple blocks from the "action" which was actually very nice. You could GO to the insane drunky world of NOLA but then go right on back to the nice clean and safe hotel only a few minutes walk.

The staff were great and the place spotless clean!

Room Tip: I had a corner room which was a little odd because my window looked out onto a really large patio/de...
Green Features: If you don't want the towels washed they won't - I like them washed.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Dear Rodney1988,

Thank you very much for your 5 star review. I hope that you will tell your friends and come back soon.
Pembroke Pines, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was my first time to NOLA and I stayed at the IC for a Software conference.

It is in the midst of renovations and per staff have 2 more floors to be renovated before everything is completed. It was a bit noisy and if you are looking for a hotel to sleep in then you may be annoyed by the noise. Also, the trolley runs next to the hotel and can also be noisy depending on what room you are staying in.

The staff was extremely friendly. During my stay, I got wet walking back from the French Quarter and did not know where to go for dinner. Manager on Duty, Anthony Tate, went above and beyond to make sure that I had a nice meal in spite of my "soggy" day. Also, Timothy, the bellman was always attentive and asked about my day. Everyone wished me a good morning or greeted me with a smile. Top notch staff!!!

I found the room to be quite comfortable and beautifully renovated. The carpet has a nice design but can be hard on those with rolling luggage.

I am definitely coming back to NOLA and looking forward to my next stay at the IC.

Room Tip: Try staying on the side where the trolley passes. A bit noisy but at least you will have a view.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Dear BluefieldsGal,

Thank you for your review and your very kind words regarding our team. Anthony and Tim are outstanding. Please come back soon and tell your friends.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I am a new fan of InterContinental after having stayed with them in San Juan. I often find myself at the Intercontinetal here in NYC for drinks as well since it is absolutely beautiful. That all being said I was a bit disappointed in this hotel. I really didn't feel like it quite met the standards that I have come to expect from a hotel of this caliber and star rating. Sadly, this is mostly due to the staff in my opinion. There is a major renovation and overhaul going on...be aware of that...I was not when I booked the room and there is construction noise starting very early in the morning. The lobby area is well decorated and nice though the bar and restaurant are set back and feel a bit removed and also have very little ambiance. The room was huge and lovely. It was comfy, elegant, well appointed, nice vanity are and separate bathroom.
I found myself in the hotel one day because there was torrential rain outside. I decided to get a glass of wine and sit in the lobby watching the rain and checking some emails. I found the service in the bar/restaurant to be awful!!! I stood at the bar, which was fairly empty and an employee behind the bar finished helping another customer, walked past me any number of times and never even acknowledged me. She then went over to where she was obviously doing her sidework in an attempt to finish her shift and began rolling napkins and silverware without ever having said a word to me. I stood there for well over 5 minutes without even being able to find a menu or drink list anywhere. I finally stepped away from the bar and had to stop a waitress and demand service. The waitress did take care of getting me a drink but was neither apologetic nor particularly friendly.
There was a group of people who were lingering back by the restaurant and their young children were running rampant through the lobby screaming and playing games completely unsupervised. This is a public area for all guests relaxation and enjoyment and at no point did any staff member, and there were a few behind the front desk, make any effort to maintain order in the lobby. I ended up taking my wine back to my room because i could not sit in peace in the lobby.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Mair_h,
Thank you for your review. Our team take your comments to heart and have review them with everyone. Our hotel will have our signature open in November. We hope that you will return.

Been to InterContinental New Orleans? Share your experiences!