“Not as friendly” 3 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental New Orleans

Save Saved
You added InterContinental New Orleans to your Saves list
InterContinental New Orleans
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   444 St. Charles Ave., New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #97 of 153 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersBronze level
Forest HIlls,NY
“Not as friendly”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We stayed at the hotel from 9/7/14-9/9/14 and we did not care for the hotel. Although they are under construction the hotel was not a very friendly hotel. The date of our departure the front desk look as if she had a bad night was not pleasant at all. You stay at a hotel you want to feel welcome. At the continental we did not feel like that at all. But,the other thing at a point that was a bit annoying was we order room service and during our meal the phone rings. Its room service asking if the service was ok.
Would not stay at that hotel again.

Room Tip: If possible do all of your research and read the pros and cons of the hotel first before booking.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
RomanoGM, General Manager at InterContinental New Orleans, responded to this review, yesterday
Daed MJM O,

Thank you for your review of our property. We are sorry that you were greeted on the day of your departure by an unhappy associate. We take these comments to heart and will follow up to ensure another guest does not get the same treatment. Please email our FD Manager at ronnell.williams@icneworleans.com so that he may follow up regarding your stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Silver Spring ,Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I had decided to go and celebrate my 45 th b day in my fav city NOLA, made reservation for this hotel through my frequent user account. Arrived July 30th for 4 nights. As I arrived I asked if I could have a room that had been renovated and told the lady at the front desk that I was in town to celebrate my birthday. Manager on duty came out, took his time to show me a variety of rooms, ended up in a suite on the fifth floor. later to my surprise I received a complimentary fruit plate a nice bottle of wine and a Saints cookie. That sure made my day. Guess what I am coming back to this hotel in a couple of weeks. I would not choose anywhere else to stay. I felt safe walking around the area at all times day and night. Thank you staff at Intercontinental. You made my celebration a one of a kind

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Dear viajerasinrumbo,
Happy belated birthday. Thank you very much for your 5 star review of our property. We appreciate the kind words you used to describe our associates and manager on duty. We hope to see you return back many times.
Houma, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My sister and I stayed here for an overnight getaway. The hotel was amazing! We didn't see any sign of renovations currently going on. The rooms are absolutely beautiful and very comfy. The staff were friendly and helpful. The valet staff were exceptional. They even suggested walking routes to the places we were visiting. The hotel is in a perfect location at approximately 10 minutes walking distance to the heart of the French Quarter, but out of the hustle and bustle. You will hear the St. Charles Streetcar passing....but what is New Orleans without streetcars?? It shouldn't be loud enough to wake you and is actually a plus if you would like to use this means of transportation while visiting. We look forward to our next stay here!!!!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Dear Danielle B,
Thank you very much for your 5 star review of our property. We appreciate the kind words you used to describe our associates. The street car is a special amenity for our guests. We hope to see you return back many times.
Creola, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I booked the room through Groupon for $109. The regular rate for these rooms are $250. The hotel room itself was nice. However, the hotel felt like it had no air conditioner, and even our room was hot with the thermostat set to 60. I don't know what was going on with that. I would stay here again with another great deal, but not for $250 a night. This hotel is in walking distance to French Quarter, Bourbon Street, etc. It cost us $20 to park for one night in the Whitney parking garage right next door. Overall great experience. WiFi would not work with password provided.

• Stayed September 2014
Dear asleem234,
Thank you very much for your review of our property. We appreciate the kind words you used to describe your stay. We hope to see you return back many times.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

With all the hype and reviews of renovation, before I reserved this hotel for a stay in mid Sept. Weekdays only, I called sometime in August to see whether renovations would be complete. The answer was Yes, it'll be completed by the time I come. Many reviewers said it was bothersome and maybe noisy, which ruined their experience. The hotel was still not completely renovated and stepping into the lobby, I don't know if it has. I'm guessing not because that's not what a $26 million reno should look like. It's not shabby by any means but I would've expected more appealing lighting and light colors which wasn't the case. The elevators definitely have not been replaced yet as it was stuffy the moment I stepped in.

The floor and room I stayed in was renovated. Many other guests seem to have stayed on the same floor. The superior double room had very comfortable double coiled mattresses. Flat screen TV, K cup machine n a mini fridge were available. In room safe deposit box too. Sink is outside of the enclosed bathroom.

There was noise in the morning for what I guess is 10th floor reno. Frustrating but optimistically speaking, it helped my friends and I to wake up at a decent hour and start the day with touristy things to do. St Charles streetcar stop outside around the corner. I believe the price I booked at was a good deal but I wouldn't pay rack rate for it if there's still Reno to be completed. The rooftop pool may be an incentive though and it was very relaxing with the lounge chairs. Don't expect any views but enjoy the breeze and the pool.

Concierge has been helpful with the transportation back to the airport. Suggested that we cancel the go shuttle airport van and take taxi instead. That gave us another good hour nearby to catch another local lunch before heading back home.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Dear snoozepig,
Thank you for your review of our property. All of our guest rooms are renovated as well as our lobby and Pete's. By November we will be opening a 2nd restaurant and our 2nd floor meeting space. We hope to see you return back many times.
Freeport, Bahamas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

i spent three nights at the Intercontinental Hotel in New Orleans Sept 2-5, 2014. It was marvelous. The room was elegant and clean. I also had a balcony. The staff were welcoming and were eager to take care of my every need. The room service staff were extraordinary. And the food was beyond my expectations. It was in walking distance to fine shopping, historical sights, and wonderful Jazz music. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Pineboy loves this hotel and this city.

Room Tip: high floor and balcony
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Dear pineboy,
Thank you very much for your 5 star review of our property. We appreciate the kind words you used to describe our associates. We hope to see you return back many times.
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I booked a group of 22 room nights at the hotel for a birthday weekend. We were promised an upgrade to a suite which was delivered and was beautiful. But we were also promised group meeting points for our IHG account and, even after contacting them over a couple of months, we received less meeting points than for a typical overnight stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
RomanoGM, General Manager at InterContinental New Orleans, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Carla C,

Thank you for your review of our property. I am glad that you experienced the upgraded suite for your stay. You are correct, booking groups can be complicated for both clients and the hotel. All of our agreements are in writing and include details on points awards as per the current IHG guidelines. Many times hotels within the family of brands of IHG (Holiday Inn, Staybridge, Crowne Plaza, etc.) use double points as an enticement to book during a particular value time. I am sorry that you did not get the # of points as a % as your last HI stay. We did not participate in the double points promotion.

Been to InterContinental New Orleans? Share your experiences!