“Pleasant enough business hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental New Orleans

You added InterContinental New Orleans to your Saves list
InterContinental New Orleans
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   444 St. Charles Ave., New Orleans, LA 70130 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #98 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
GreenLeadersBronze level
Berkeley, California
“Pleasant enough business hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

I stayed here for a conference in February 2013 and again for a conference in November 2014. The conference space is adequate although it is spread out over several buildings which makes getting to and fro a bit burdensome. The rooms are well decorated and the seats comfortable. The rooms themselves are comfortable and the linens nice. MOre importantly the staff are nice so I'd happily stay here again.

It might have been a factor of the conference budget but the food was disappointingly bland, particularly the box lunches.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

I have to start by mentioning the cockroach strolling around my bathroom floor. I couldn't get at him because he knew to stay behind the toilet. After that, nothing was horrible, but it also wasn't good. Dingy wallpaper. Bed sheets that are too small. Some TV channels without sound. This was a surprisingly poor experience for a hotel group that should be much, much better.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Patricia I, Front Office Manager at InterContinental New Orleans, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
First and foremost please accept my apologies for the litany of problems you encountered while you were our guest. It is always our goal to provide products and services which allow our customers to feel relaxed so that they can enjoy all of the benefits that the hotel and New Orleans have to offer. We are upgrading our product and in the process of a 26 million dollar renovation. I am confident that your next stay will be great one. Thank you for your valuable feedback.
Antwerp, Belgium
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

What a terrible experience. There is no bell boy to deliver the luggage to your room. Through check-in the staff was unexperienced, slow and not friendly. The lobby is outdated.Fortunately they're planning a 26 million $ renovation which will be finished in October 2014. Not a day too early I would say. Also the breakfast was under standard levels. Before being seated the waitresses are again unfriendly and the waiting time was always at least ten minutes, although a lot of tables were free. The coffee was undrinkable and the cappuccino machine was more than two days out of order. On top of that I got stuck in the elevator for five minutes and while checking out I could appreciate the mold getting out of the airconditioning in the sealing. It would rate this a SABENA hotel. Such A Bad Experience Never Again

Room Tip: Stay out of this hotel until the end of the renovations which is October 2014. I hope by then the qu...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Patricia I, Front Office Manager at InterContinental New Orleans, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Your patronage is very important to us and I am sorry that our efforts fell short of your expectations in some areas. I appreciate the details you have provided, it is when our guest take the time to share their experiences we are given the opportunity correct our shortcomings. The information that you have graciously provided will be put to good use and we will do our best to improve our performance in the future. It is our hope that you will consider us again the next time your travel plans return you to the New Orleans area. We remain confident that your next experience with us will be more enjoyable.
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

I was expecting much more than the Intercontinental delivered. It could have passed for an 80's Sheraton. Room was a little dingy with dirty handprints all over the curtains, Outlets that fell out of the wall when you unplugged, a very low, lumpy mattress, and $6 for a bottle of water. Nothing major was wrong --except for worst water pressure ever, and all the important things seemed clean. But, it really wasn't anything special. Staff was friendly. I didn't have time to try the food or other amenities. Nicest touch was the cloth-like laundry bag. Not much to write home about.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
I apologize that you had a less than pleasant experience during your stay. We appreciate that you have taken the time to provide us with such valuable feedback. We continue to make improvements to our service and we are currently in the process of a $26 million dollar transformation of our property. When complete, the InterContinental will emerge as one of the premier hotels in New Orleans. Your feedback has not gone in vain; we would appreciate another opportunity to change your mind about our property. Please feel free to contact me directly, to further discuss your stay.
Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

The hotel is not bad. I have stayed at worse. Rooms are small but well appointed. The hotel is dated. Location is a plus. Two to three blocks from Bourbon Street. The period of time that I stayed there was not busy. Three of the four elevators were out of order for two days. It took an act of the manager to get a 10% reduction in the room rate. This was after a direct request was turned down by the front desk. My room was on the club level and I still had little customer service or accommodation from this place. My "average" rating is generous.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
I apologize that you had a less than pleasant experience during your stay. We appreciate that you have taken the time to provide us with such valuable feedback. We will remind our Front Desk and Club level agents of the importance of giving our guests their full attention, while remaining professional and efficient, manner. If there is anything further I can do please do not hesitate in contacting me.
Mobile, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

I would only stay at this hotel when in NOLA, but after this weekend without saying never; I will probably not return. Customer service can change an experience tremendously. Loyalty should mean something.

• Stayed November 2013
Thank you for your recent visit, I would love the opportunity to discuss the details of your stay. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.
Many thanks,
Patricia Isidore
Director of Front Office Operations.
Livingston, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I reserved a king room for one night through Hotwire, on the evening of the Saints vs Cowboys. Having never been to NOLA, I had no idea which district to book our hotel room, and were delighted when we reached our room. The lobby was slightly dated, but the staff and concierge were very helpful and friendly. The room was quite clean, and the bed linens were made of a high quality cotton. The warm down duvet was also appreciated. Though there are a plethora of lovely looking hotels within the French Quarter, I was most grateful the InterContinental was off that track. The revelers who celebrated the Saints' victory were a bit loud, but were not a significant issue. If I happen to get back to NOLA in the future I'll be certain to book my reservation at the very same place. By the way, we paid less than $150 for one night, including taxes.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
RomanoGM, General Manager at InterContinental New Orleans, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear SaraJaneT406,

Thank you for your 5 star review of the hotel. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Please come back soon and tell your friends too.

Been to InterContinental New Orleans? Share your experiences!